Barry the tim apologist

Not sure what tit for tat stuff wee bazza has seen?? It has only really been tits thus far with every impartial ex-tim in the media having their say whilst remaining strangely silent on the latest "episode".

Of course he should be coming out and absolutely blootering Griffiths in the media for what happened or does he think if he did the same during his playing days he wouldn't have a case to answer or be absolutely destroyed in the press.

This is a player who was hounded for flicking the vs whilst sat on the Scotland bench but now seems to think very differently ... funny that.

Barry Ferguson's being sinister, heard it all now.
You are right, he is not sinister, although his ghostwriter probably is, however, I think we can be sceptical about Barry being the most astute mind on the block.
[/QUOTE]
I think we all agree he ain’t the sharpest, but he is so far from being a Tim apologist or some of the other nonsense written on this thread it’s unreal.

And the headline is:
Leigh Griffiths' Celtic critics need to shut up and keep their allegiances in check - Barry Ferguson

He's being taken for an absolute ride by that paper and he knows it, yet he pockets the money and looks the other way anyway.

Edit: even when they twist his words to use them against his so called beloved club. A very iseful idiot for those with an agenda. At least his brother and Boyd have grown a spine in recent weeks. Not our Barry though.

Last edited:
I have actually found that I use Alfies gesture quite alot during my day to day life to signify things ending.

how these cunts have spun this and continue to spin it as a death threat is utterly pathetic.

They are not wired up right. A trully strange breed of humans. And quite distinctly different from any other community

No its not, Its calling him out for totally missing the point. Nobody is asking him to act like Hartson and (or)Sutton at all. Alfie has had abuse for weeks and weeks since he made his gesture,the media have painted Griffiths as a victim of abuse from Killie fans instead of attacking Griffiths for acting like a ned!

Hartson today has been forced to apologise for lying about Alfie , Boyd quoted facts about Griffiths and was subjected to abuse from Griffiths on the night, there's even a petition to have him sacked for quoting the facts and telling the truth!

Celtic have even complained to Sky about Boyd telling the truth about Griffiths and stating they think he was abusive! That's insane

This is all about double standards as Griffiths is being quoted by the media as being a victim but Alfie is still the arch villain for the media with lie after lie being made up about him and abusive nonsense such as he needs to see a psychiatrist has been quoted in the past.

Alfie isn't the one thats thrown objects at supporters even though objects have been thrown at him and he's had more abuse shown to him by opposing fans than Griffiths will ever have had.

The medias treatment of Alfie has been a disgrace yet ,they let Griffiths away with with throwing an object at the crowd and use the" he was subjected to abuse" line and that he has mental health issues( dont believe that) to cover up his ned behaviour.

Griffiths is a ned and Alfie has been subjected to racist and sectarian abuse, both their gestures werent the same and Griffiths should be getting pelters from the media for his behaviour but isnt and that's the difference

Ferguson’s big brother pointed out on RS that there’s a witch-hunt against Alfredo.

I have actually found that I use Alfies gesture quite alot during my day to day life to signify things ending.

how these cunts have spun this and continue to spin it as a death threat is utterly pathetic.

They are not wired up right. A trully strange breed of humans. And quite distinctly different from any other community
This is where their organ grinders excel in the media. They create a narrative and repeat it ad nauseam until it becomes 'truth'. Sadly even many of our own supporters are brainwashed by the sheer volume of it. Just look at this thread and comments by Boyd et al in the media.

'Stupid gesture', 'ill advised', 'provocative', 'cut throat', 'at celtic fans' blah blah blah.

Truth: he's looking straight at Defoe and his own bench behind him, and it was nothing like a 'cut throat' sign. As you said, it's a universal sign for cut the power/stop/finish it, widely used in this country every single day.

Well that is bull shit
How so? there has been a sustained campaign to demonise Alfie. He is booked constantly where other players are not spoken to. I'll give the Motherwell game as an example.

Morelos was sent off for a second yellow for simulation at Parkhead . However was his first yellow in your opinion justified?
Have you not witnessed Scumtic players just in the last month or so going down unpunished, punching, blocking or gesturing to the crowd without action being taken?
My point has been that all the refs need to do is give every 50/50 against us and for them to swing this league. Clancy on the 29th was a prime example of this in action.
What's your opinion on how Rangers are treated by the officials and the compliance officer in comparison to the Parkhead club?

How so? there has been a sustained campaign to demonise Alfie. He is booked constantly where other players are not spoken to. I'll give the Motherwell game as an example.

Morelos was sent off for a second yellow for simulation at Parkhead . However was his first yellow in your opinion justified?
Have you not witnessed Scumtic players just in the last month or so going down unpunished, punching, blocking or gesturing to the crowd without action being taken?
My point has been that all the refs need to do is give every 50/50 against us and for them to swing this league. Clancy on the 29th was a prime example of this in action.
What's your opinion on how Rangers are treated by the officials and the compliance officer in comparison to the Parkhead club?

My point is Morelos is sitting in the stand because the referee gave him 2 yellow cards, not because the Celtic media...

Barry trying to show neutrality whilst Sutton and Hartson go all out for Rangers

Need a Boyd type turnaround for a few of them

Barry joins the club of gullible ex player pundits, they line them up for impartial commentary and surround them by hard nosed ex bheast players that will not an inch away and we come off looking soft as our ex players do not take a partizan position.

Barry is on the most anti-Rangers show in the country. People may think the BBC and BT are bad but PLZ soccer is on a different level. A show which is packed with Rangers hating scum like Peter Martin, Alan Rough, Tam McManus, Hugh MacDonald and Allison McConnell. Barry is the token Rangers man on the show. There are no other Rangers men. They mock us at every opportunity and lie and mislead constantly about the finances at our club. Barry usually just goes along with whatever agenda Martin sets.

I loved Barry as a player and I have no doubt he's a die hard Rangers man but it's sad to see him on that show. I can only assume his job opportunites are extremely limited.

WE all know the way this works by now.

When a Celtic striker scrunches up a bit of tape and tosses it at a Kilmarnock fan, it’s my responsibility as a former Rangers player to jump up and down about it, scream blue murder and call for Leigh Griffiths to be hung, drawn and quartered for it on the sixth floor of Hampden.

Well, if it’s all the same to you, I’ll excuse myself from the tit-for-tat that’s been going on ever since Rangers won at Celtic Park on December 29 and pundits up and down the land lost their grip on any sense of perspective.

If you’re wondering why so many hardened old pros have suddenly become hunks, offended by the slightest little thing, then let me fill you in.

It’s because, for the first time in years, there’s a proper title race going on and some people are clearly struggling to keep their allegiances in check.

Well you can leave me out of that. In fact, to be perfectly honest, the whole thing is really starting to p*** me off.

Hasn’t anyone else realised it was three-and-a-half weeks ago Alfredo Morelos got sent off at Celtic Park? That was in December 2019! Am I the only one who can’t believe some people are still wetting the bed about it?

Was Morelos in the wrong? Yes, he was. Should he have made that gesture? No, he shouldn’t have.

Does the world need to come to an end because of it? Only if there’s a two-point gap at the top of the table and Rangers have a game in hand.

So I won’t be rushing to call for Griffiths to be hammered for his reaction coming off the pitch at Rugby Park the other night. I couldn’t bring myself to be such a hypocrite.

I saw the incident as it happened, shrugged my shoulders and said: “So what?”

You could see the old guy who looked like Uncle Albert out of Only Fools and Horses screaming abuse at Griffiths as he made his way into the Celtic dugout. And that’s one of my all-time favourite telly programmes by the way.

Now, don’t get me wrong here, I’m not condoning what Leigh did next. The bottom line is he had shut the guy up with what he had done on the pitch and that ought to have been good enough for him.

But, in the heat of the moment, he reacted by doing something he shouldn’t have done. I’m not going to hammer Leigh for doing that when I’ve done it a hundred times myself.

I’ve been there. You’re tired, you’re legs are killing you and there’s some guy spewing abuse at you, giving you an absolute earful as if you’ve just run over his cat.

Sometimes it’s hard not to give a little back. I’d be lying if I said I’ve never done it.

“Haw Ferguson, get tae f***you dirty wee b******!”

“Naw, you f*** off! Get it right up ye!”

Granted, I never actually threw anything at them which is where Leigh overstepped the mark. But if you have ever felt the tape players put on their socks then you’ll know it’s as light as a feather. It would have been different if it was a boot he had chucked!

And it wasn’t even thrown in an aggressive way. It was like, “Gie’s peace mate, shut up!”

Should he have done it? No.

He should have sat down and smiled at the guy. Maybe even laughed at him for behaving like a maniac.

But can I put my hand on my heart and say I blame Griffiths for what he did and that I was horrified by it? Don’t be so daft.

In terms of keeping a sense of perspective I’ve seen a lot worse. Just the same as I can’t get my knickers in a twist over the gesture Morelos made to the Celtic fans at Parkhead.

I’ve been there too, having to make the long walk after being sent off there. It felt like the whole main stand was on its feet hurling abuse at me. How did I react? Let’s just say we’d get the Daily Record shut down if I repeated it in these pages. But that’s what happens sometimes in the heat of the moment.

Then, when you’re in the shower five minutes later and replaying it in your head you realise you shouldn’t have reacted. You’re kicking yourself for being so stupid.

You know the right thing to do is to ignore it and act in a professional manner.

But we’re talking about human beings here. And every one of us has a breaking point. There’s only so much you can take before you find yourself responding to it. The problem is there’s cameras everywhere and people who are just desperate to find some reason to be outraged by the littlest thing. It must be like being in the Big Brother house ... and I don’t even watch Big Brother.

It’s getting a bit ridiculous and I would at least like to think the former pros would show a bit more common sense and understanding.

As for Griffiths, after everything he has been through, I’m genuinely happy to see him back on the pitch scoring goals even though it’s the last thing Rangers need at this stage in the campaign.

I’m happy because he’d had his struggles and because, from Scotland’s point of view, he could be a huge weapon in the play-offs for Euro 2020.

That’s what people should be concentrating on – the bigger picture – but some folk find it impossible to do that when it’s so tight at the top of the table and when it’s Rangers and Celtic who are involved.

Me? I love it. I spent my Wednesday night watching the Celtic game with one eye and checking my mobile phone for the scoreline from Ibrox with the other. At one point in the second half a single goal in either game could have turned the whole thing on its head.

That’s the way football should be. It’s supposed to be exciting. It’s supposed to get the emotions pumping.

It’s just a pity some people who should know better are letting those emotions get the better of them.
nytDZaX.gif

mentally challengeds just lying now about Thumbheid throwing his tape "in a bin". So ridiculous even Spew Keevins is laughing at them.

mentally challengeds just lying now about Thumbheid throwing his tape "in a bin". So ridiculous even Spew Keevins is laughing at them.

That's true but Keevins also went on to say something along the lines of ''we all agree Leigh is more the victim than the perpetrator''.

The constant repetitive reminders and over analysis about an incident that happens in a rangers match had been going on for years. It makes our game look small and petty because it’s as if we don’t have anything else to talk about.

Alfredo done nothing wrong, I wish folk would stop saying he did

That's what happens when you sit back and allow the propaganda to go unchallenged. Morelos did NOT make a cut throat gesture. He did NOT use his thumb and in my opinion was gesturing that he'd had enough of Scottish football.

Secondly, the gesture was NOT aimed at Celtic fans. It was aimed at Defoe and our backroom staff. Rangers could have nipped this in the bud right away but as usual no one had the brains or balls to speak out.

Nah
I’d rather Griffiths was punished for bringing the game into disrepute.

purely for the fact that had Morelos done this, he’d be slammed by every media outlet and be handed every sfa citation going

Whats good for the goose.....

Not the brightest our Barry, point missed spectacularly. All we ask for his a level playing field, evenhanded treatment if you like. Sometimes better to say nothing.

What a phuckin hero you are. This is about the aftermath and the effect on the future!

I beg your pardon? If you follow what I have been saying and what post I quoted previously you may see where I am coming from.. And if that makes me a hero then I thank you.

I beg your pardon? If you follow what I have been saying and what post I quoted previously you may see where I am coming from.. And if that makes me a hero then I thank you.

Your no hero - you are an apologist that allows the mentally challengeds to put their agenda forward and get it to work.

Funnily enough when I clicked on your first post I was expecting you to be on our side.

Your no hero - you are an apologist that allows the mentally challengeds to put their agenda forward and get it to work.

Funnily enough when I clicked on your first post I was expecting you to be on our side.

Wtf.. You have totally lost me here.. A poster has said Morelos is sitting in the stands because of the media.. I corrected him saying he was sent off by the ref and that's the reason he is in the stand

%^*& knows what your all about

Completely misses the point in order to present media reaction as even-handed and thereby preserve lapdog status.

The whole issue revolves around double standards.

Celtic players are treated differently by referees and the media and if a former Rangers captain hasn’t got the guts to point this out he should f*** off.

Sums it up nicely. Double standards and an former Rangers captain writes an article trying to convince readers its just dafties making a noise and things are evenly balanced re decisions, etc.

I get some of Barry’s points, not all. The fallout from our win on the 29th has been monumental. Disagree that Griffiths shouldn’t be punished for throwing the tape, especially given the recent incidents of items thrown at players recently. Disagree that his points make him a tim apologist.

Wtf.. You have totally lost me here.. A poster has said Morelos is sitting in the stands because of the media.. I corrected him saying he was sent off by the ref and that's the reason he is in the stand

%^*& knows what your all about
He gets these soft cards because the media paint him as a nutter. And the refs oblige

Simply he threw something into the stand. if I threw something from the stand at him I would be banned from all football stadiums and charged by the police. There needs to be some action against him to what degree I'm not sure

Simply he threw something into the stand. if I threw something from the stand at him I would be banned from all football stadiums and charged by the police. There needs to be some action against him to what degree I'm not sure

He should be punished by the football authorities and he should also be treated as any fan would that throws an object at a player I find it strange that Killie have said nothing about Griffiths and the Celtic bench's behaviour towards their fans

That's your opinion. I'm not filling in any gaps. There's terrible double standards in this country I'm not that naive. However a gesture or sock tape being thrown doesnt offend me that much if I'm going to be 100% honest. It is tit for tat pish between the fans he's right. I'd rather we left them to act like the animals they are we are better than this but they done this, aye thats cause yous done that. A don't care mate I'm no that thin skinned. The amount of grown men blowing these incidents out of proportion is laughable. I'm more concerned at the fact the Ira are marching our streets rather than wee stupit incidents in a fitba game.
It's all part of the same problem. You cannot pick and choose what offends.

Folk on here are weird.

It's blatantly obvious he is saying that it's ridiculous what's been going on since we won and even calls out the fact that the ott reaction is because they are in a title race.

And he is also right. You can't spend three weeks saying "it's only gestures" about Morelos and then go mental about Griffiths.

This is all so boring.
We’re not going mental or weird, we’re talking about the double standards and what it says about the media and this country and what need to change. It’s quite straightforward.

What a phuckin hero you are. This is about the aftermath and the effect on the future!

There is no ‘aftermath’ if Alfie simply slots the ball past Forster instead of diving, (and it was a clear dive) ,and then doesn’t get sent off nor receive yet another yellow for his throat gesture - the ‘future’ would be a lot brighter if Alfie didn’t keep returning intermittently to planet stupid.

Barry is on the most anti-Rangers show in the country. People may think the BBC and BT are bad but PLZ soccer is on a different level. A show which is packed with Rangers hating scum like Peter Martin, Alan Rough, Tam McManus, Hugh MacDonald and Allison McConnell. Barry is the token Rangers man on the show. There are no other Rangers men. They mock us at every opportunity and lie and mislead constantly about the finances at our club. Barry usually just goes along with whatever agenda Martin sets.

I loved Barry as a player and I have no doubt he's a die hard Rangers man but it's sad to see him on that show. I can only assume his job opportunites are extremely limited.

Barry's problem is that any brains he had were in his feet rather than between his ears.

Completely misses the point in order to present media reaction as even-handed and thereby preserve lapdog status.

The whole issue revolves around double standards.

Celtic players are treated differently by referees and the media and if a former Rangers captain hasn’t got the guts to point this out he should f*** off.

End of thread.

Back