Barry the tim apologist

Fs, ferguson is only saying something that im in total agreement with. This faux outrage at the slightest thing is utterly ridiculous. Like a primary school playground these days, why am i getting into trouble and he isn't for doing the same thing as me,its not fair boo hoo.

What a society we've become. Trying to lose people their jobs because of the slightest things that would have been laughed at years back. I remember when if an opposition player gave a bit back, the punters would actually give him a bit of respect, these days it's a full blown meltdown.

The saying sticks and stones may break my bones, will need to be confined to history.

And dont give me, they started it. Just sounds like another playground tantrum and we shouldn't be playing their game. I though we were above that, but seemingly not.
Scum FC has now officially complained to Sky about Boyd's comments. The CO is citing our players (always our form players) and staff left, right and centre, yet they escpae unpunished (Tom Boyd, now Griffiths). Clancy's performance last month was the latest in a long line of cheating against us (Beaton, Walsh...). Old Firm shame game (whem it was them solely to blame), Rangers fans blamed for a tim on tim stabbing, the ref's strike that was caused by Scottish teams (again them at fault). Kicked down the leagues, yet other teams in financial difficulty were spared

All that caused by them getting their favoured placemen in power, and their constant bullying of the rest of the media\Scottish Football

Can you seriously not see the damage done to the Rangers brand through keeping the powder dry?

Never saw the old guy with the white beard screaming abuse. Then again Barry, I was watching Rangers play.
He never wrote that anyway, but felt it was near enough his opinion to put his name to it.
Very strange it happens to coincide, almost to the letter, with the Celtic, Daily Record, Hollicom narrative. “It was only tape” “guy was screaming abuse” “mitigating circumstances” “Leigh’s had a tough time” It’s all there.
Yes, very strange indeed.

Double standards, as per usual. Do as we say and we can do whatever we like. It would be funny if the end-game wasn't so apparent.

In other instances I would agree with you mate - however what sticks in our throats is 'not why am i getting it and they arent' - its why do we ALWAYS get it and that mob get away scot free.

We do need to highlight the inconsistancies and its not tit for tat - we are constantly shat on from a great height and past players/captains/legends should really be fighting our corner more in the bears eyes.
They should still be allowed their opinion, something that some on here agree with.

Scum FC has now officially complained to Sky about Boyd's comments. The CO is citing our players (always our form players) and staff left, right and centre, yet they escpae unpunished (Tom Boyd, now Griffiths). Clancy's performance last month was the latest in a long line of cheating against us (Beaton, Walsh...). Old Firm shame game (whem it was them solely to blame), Rangers fans blamed for a tim on tim stabbing, the ref's strike that was caused by Scottish teams (again them at fault). Kicked down the leagues, yet other teams in financial difficulty were spared

All that caused by them getting their favoured placemen in power, and their constant bullying of the rest of the media\Scottish Football

Can you seriously not see the damage done to the Rangers brand through keeping the powder dry?
What I see is that people in this country sat back and allowed it to happen. Why did we sit back and allow this ?. Fair play to the guys at Holyrood yesterday who put themselves out there and asked the question that everyone asks, but mostly from a keyboard.

“It was only tape”

What would be the reaction if thousands of bears threw their used sock tape onto the ground in the general area of Griffiths ?

He's not an apologist, as what he says isn't unreasonable, but his rush to show that he's unbiased shows that he doesn't care about the PR war that's behind waged against us, and he's much more interested in how he's perceived than the club's well-being.

Compare and contrast with Sutton and Hartson, who are happy to look like thick dickheads for their club.

I have to disagree. There is something sinister about Ferguson’s comments here. He is quick to stick it to Boyd for commenting on Griffiths - why the silence when Sutton, Hartson, T. Boyd, Walker et all are commenting on Rangers daily?

Let's get this straight , Morelos does that and we are talking about a media frenzy to have him punished that goes on for weeks.

Any bear not getting that is either dim or at it.

It’s best just to watch the ex players on dvd rather than listen to them or read what they put their name to. He’s not my favourite!!

I struggled to read Barry's personal pursuit of the middle ground.
I don't know who writes Barry's column for him, but I suspect that in putting Barry in the middle ground, the author isn't working so much for Barry as perhaps using Barry's projected reasonableness as a platform to get some of the more disputable aspects of the narrative as accepted fact.

For instance, Barry said that Morelos made the gesture towards the Filth fans and thus he wasn't making an innocent gesture towards his own bench.
Well, thanks for that Barry.
As you seek to exonerate the wilful throwing of an object from a player towards a fan, (ironic to say the least), to do so, you throw Morelos under the bus.

That the column seeks to sacrifice Morelos, even rhetorically, in order to alleviate the allegation against Griffiths, tells me that either you are a bit lax in your proofreading, or just a bit thick as to the agenda led nuanced uses of your name.

Yawn, nothing wrong with that article. He’s being reasonable, unlike some of the donkeys on this thread.

I have to disagree. There is something sinister about Ferguson’s comments here. He is quick to stick it to Boyd for commenting on Griffiths - why the silence when Sutton, Hartson, T. Boyd, Walker et all are commenting on Rangers daily?
[/QUOTE]

Barry Ferguson's being sinister, heard it all now.

He is correct to a certain extent. No-one really should be offended by either gesture however given the backlash after Morelos and Kent then Griffiths should now be subject to the same sort of criticism and scrutiny as Morelos in particular.

Indeed if anything Griffiths has went to through an object (doesnt matter it was just tape) at a fan for no reason. He therefore should be cited for that.

It's an all out war, whether some refuse to recognise it or not.
Barry, at best, is sitting on the fence.
It's high time he stepped down into our side and started swinging as these dirty bastards.

Sorry Barry, but your timing couldn’t be worse in light of the filth sending a letter to sky in regard to Kris Boyds comments in regard to this vile little rodent of a human being. It makes you look cowed, guilty of towing the party line to keep the cash flowing, affording the filth domain over your relevance.

Perhaps what you should have been saying is; Why are the filth exposing a supposed mentally unfit employee to the pressures of Scotland’s highest professional football competition. Surely if he is so mentally unstable and incapable of controlling himself he should be nowhere near the limelight.

Lets be honest here Barry; The mentally ill narrative is being trotted out to offset what the filth know to have been an incident whic had one of the Killie players thrown their skanky discarded tape at filth supporters all hell would have let loose. Filth fans, football authorities, the bought and paid for media would have been baying for the most severe sanctions possible.

That Alfie is persecuted daily by those who clearly portray the mental illness of unhealthy, compulsive, obsessives and keeps it in check to the extent he does, should see him lauded. A decent young man with a burgeoning social conscience, a winning smile and fabulous football talent reduced to the level of public enemy number one.

All of the above, not because it is just and fair, this hateful witch-hunt is precipitated by the jersey he wears and the club he represents. Alfie, Boyd, Gerrard all represent a threat to the filths entirely contrived and manufactured domination of Scottish football, nay Scottish society.

With all due respect Barry they do not require your snivelling, lord haw, haw tribute act to so do. You are a Rangers man Barry, for f*cks sake like Boydy, start acting like one and tell it like it actually is. Griffiths is a little dysfunctional ned with a rap sheet the length of your arm and most of the misery he endured is entirely self inflicted. (And imagine Alfie had thrown his sock tape at opposing fans goading him)

FFS, you sound like my ex wife in an argument. :eek:

I agree with Barry to the extent that the media coverage over Alfie's gesture is well OTT. I my view, the media's instance on peddling this is adding to some of the bile we hear!

I wouldn't care about it if we got the same treatment for nothing gestures from Morelos and Kent

because we've spent about 3 weeks hearing how they are a disgrace, the worst footballers in the world, it's not a surprise that our backs are up when one of their players is doing very similar and doesn't get called out for it

I'd love to get to the stage where discussion about Scottish football was mature and had a genuine understanding of the world.

But that's not going to happen.

The only thing I'd say to many is this - the hypocrisy of the reactions towards Morelos and Griffiths is evident and undeniable. Sadly, no amount of noise from us is going to change the minds of those who think it's acceptable.

Barry Ferguson's being sinister, heard it all now.
[/QUOTE]
You are right, he is not sinister, although his ghostwriter probably is, however, I think we can be sceptical about Barry being the most astute mind on the block.

I struggled to read Barry's personal pursuit of the middle ground.
I don't know who writes Barry's column for him, but I suspect that in putting Barry in the middle ground, the author isn't working so much for Barry as perhaps using Barry's projected reasonableness as a platform to get some of the more disputable aspects of the narrative as accepted fact.

For instance, Barry said that Morelos made the gesture towards the Filth fans and thus he wasn't making an innocent gesture towards his own bench.
Well, thanks for that Barry.
As you seek to exonerate the wilful throwing of an object from a player towards a fan, (ironic to say the least), to do so, you throw Morelos under the bus.

That the column seeks to sacrifice Morelos, even rhetorically, in order to alleviate the allegation against Griffiths, tells me that either you are a bit lax in your proofreading, or just a bit thick as to the agenda led nuanced uses of your name.
Don’t forget the immature dig at the old man in the stand.
There’s also a photo of the tim management team having a go at the old man.

Personally what that clown done, has a press reaction that I think is about right for in all honesty a nothing incident .
Unfortunately the presses over the top reactions to what Rangers players do and particularly in the case of Alfredo means they have raised the bar on what offends .That is the problem , in my view the problem is not the under reaction to the mentally challenged but the grossly over reaction to how they portray us which has to be addressed.

Its the double standards in the media that gets me. Both nothing incidents but Morelos is made out to have made death threats. Absolute joke. %^*& Griffiths though wee scumbag

Pages of abuse just because Barry won’t act like Sutton or Hartson.

No its not, Its calling him out for totally missing the point. Nobody is asking him to act like Hartson and (or)Sutton at all. Alfie has had abuse for weeks and weeks since he made his gesture,the media have painted Griffiths as a victim of abuse from Killie fans instead of attacking Griffiths for acting like a ned!

Hartson today has been forced to apologise for lying about Alfie , Boyd quoted facts about Griffiths and was subjected to abuse from Griffiths on the night, there's even a petition to have him sacked for quoting the facts and telling the truth!

Celtic have even complained to Sky about Boyd telling the truth about Griffiths and stating they think he was abusive! That's insane

This is all about double standards as Griffiths is being quoted by the media as being a victim but Alfie is still the arch villain for the media with lie after lie being made up about him and abusive nonsense such as he needs to see a psychiatrist has been quoted in the past.

Alfie isn't the one thats thrown objects at supporters even though objects have been thrown at him and he's had more abuse shown to him by opposing fans than Griffiths will ever have had.

The medias treatment of Alfie has been a disgrace yet ,they let Griffiths away with with throwing an object at the crowd and use the" he was subjected to abuse" line and that he has mental health issues( dont believe that) to cover up his ned behaviour.

Griffiths is a ned and Alfie has been subjected to racist and sectarian abuse, both their gestures werent the same and Griffiths should be getting pelters from the media for his behaviour but isnt and that's the difference

This just sums up the situation we find ourselves in. When a Rangers player is accused of doing something every ex Celtic player are out there demanding he gets punished. When it's a Celtic player who is being accused the media trot out every ex Celtic player on the planet to defend him and they'll usually find one or two ex Rangers players to support them.

Fergie is correct in that it was a 'nothing' incident with Griffiths. It honestly doesn't merit any action. However, by equal measure, the Kent goal celebration and the Morelos gesture were 'nothing' incidents as well. They too should not have led to further sanctions. Fergie would have been better to focus on the double-standards at play, in the media and at the SFA, in relation to these incidents.

As a society, we are becoming offended with everything, its something that concerns me, and equally i find ridiculous.

Nothing people on here like more than slagging off our ex players. Not that long ago boyd was getting it, now hes the hero.

Get off their backs for feck sake.

You could see the old guy who looked like Uncle Albert out of Only Fools and Horses screaming abuse at Griffiths as he made his way into the Celtic dugout.

Is this a fact? Was the old guy caught on camera abusing Thumb?

Is Barry missing the point? Yes he is.
Is Griffiths a weapon? Yes he is.
Should Barry be making excusing for that wee scrote? Look, I'm not going to sit here and be a hypocrite, so no, absolutely not.
(In my very best BF ghostwriter style)

He's correct on my opinion, it was really a nothing incident. But that, along with the gestures, has been played up and blown out of proportion again.

Getting genuinely sick of this now.

A decade ago, does anyone think the gestures and some tape bei g thrown would be headline fucking news, not a chance. Its a disgrace these days.

issues( dont believe that) to cover up his ned behaviour.

Griffiths is a ned and Alfie has been subjected to racist and sectarian abuse, both their gestures werent the same and Griffiths should be getting pelters from the media for his behaviour but isnt and that's the difference
I don't get the narrative of people saying it's a nothing incident.
Alf is accused of nothing I haven't seen before.
I've genuinely never seen a player walk over at throw something at a fan.
It's certainly far less common than the deadly petulant flick kick.

Back