Barry the tim apologist

I don't disagee with him about the faux outrage, and that its been cranked up levels to to Rangers
re-surgence. But FFS, we didn't start the fire here!

Also contradicts himself massively below, what chance you got?

But, in the heat of the moment, he reacted by doing something he shouldn’t have done. I’m not going to hammer Leigh for doing that when I’ve done it a hundred times myself.

I’ve been there. You’re tired, you’re legs are killing you and there’s some guy spewing abuse at you, giving you an absolute earful as if you’ve just run over his cat.

Sometimes it’s hard not to give a little back. I’d be lying if I said I’ve never done it.

“Haw Ferguson, get tae f***you dirty wee b******!”

“Naw, you f*** off! Get it right up ye!”

Granted, I never actually threw anything at them which is where Leigh overstepped the mark. But if you have ever felt the tape players put on their socks then you’ll know it’s as light as a feather. It would have been different if it was a boot he had chucked!

Again, he's not talking about one-sided media - it's not an article about one-sided media. It's about the reaction of people to the incidents.

Do you honestly think Griffiths doesn't get a shit-tonne of verbal abuse in games? I hate the guy, but let's not kid on he gets a free and easy ride and Alfie is the only one in Scotland getting verbals throughout matches.

Both incidents are ultimately not a big deal for anyone with any common sense. However, common sense doesn't exist in this fishbowl. It's perpetual victimhood, paranoia and desperation to paint any slight misdemeanour by players of the other team as a crime against humanity.

When I got home the other night and saw the thread titles about Griffiths throwing something at the crowd, I thought "here we go, he should be in big trouble here" - saw the video clip and was utterly disappointed. It's a nothing incident, Alfie and Kent's were nothing incidents.

But that doesn't suit over here.

Barry's point is simply that there's a lack of common sense in the discussion around these things and it's largely driven by folk's allegiances. He's right. As much as many want him to come out guns blazing with a pro-Rangers/Anti-Celtic agenda (but call it "just stating the truth").

Yes I know and the reaction has been Griffiths the victim even though he threw an object into the crowd but, Alfie's a villain for making a Colombian gesture and they are still lying stating its a cut throat gesture he made.

Its double standards and the gestures are not the same. Boyd quoted facts about Griffiths, he didn't make the facts up and state them because he supports us. He gave an opinion as a pundit based on facts, that's the difference by what Boyd said and how the Celtic supporting pundits/media treat Alfie and the gesture he made..

Double standards!

I disagree. What punishment is Morelos getting for the "gesture" they've all been bleating about for 3 weeks? None.

We'll see what happens with Griffiths but let's be honest, if nothing happens it's probably because it's a nothing incident.
The difference in reaction is huge to Morelos games finished action and a player actually throwing something at someone in a crowd especially when it’s rife the now the thrown incidents.
So do You think if Morelos throws something into the crowd it gets treated with the same
Nothing to see here.
it wasn’t a nothing incident it maybe wouldn’t have caused injury but it was meant to incite fans.
we ve saw Morelos get booked n sent off for celebrating,booked and sent off for diving, booked and sent of for wee kicks when others continue to get away with it that effects the team and could cost us points.
Because the stir and panto made of Morelos in the media effects him and us.

If you're going to argue that when Sutton or Hartson have a go at our players it's because they're biased dhims, then when an ex-Rangers player has a go at a dhim player it's just entirely neutral - while also bemoaning our ex-players not doing more to defend our club, then your argument starts to look a bit messy to say the least.

WTF? Messy? - you have first prize.

Yes I know and the reaction has been Griffiths the victim even though he threw an object into the crowd but, Alfie's a villain for making a Colombian gesture and they are still lying stating its a cut throat gesture he made.

Its double standards and the gestures are not the same. Boyd quoted facts about Griffiths, he didn't make the facts up and state them because he supports us. He gave an opinion as a pundit based on facts, that's the difference by what Boyd said and how the Celtic supporting pundits/media treat Alfie and the gesture he made..

Double standards!

I'm away to take advantage of my houses exterior. You just cannot fathom some of the people!

Fs OP, knew folk would be champing at the bit to have a go as soon as his next column wasn’t to their liking but untwist your knickers ffs he’s right in what he’s saying.

He has a point, however what he should have done is call out teh one sided argument here and go on to say that there is a party line to get Morelos sanctioned for the slightest thing and a bandwagon of bullsh8t coming from the poet media

This header for this thread is pathetic.

Unless I've read this wrong, and granted only skimmed the article, he seems to be pointing out the hysteria surrounding incidents that are, by and large, f*ck all of note. Hysteria generated by those who fear Rangers winning the League. Hysteria so far that is a one way street.

That said, throwing things in to the crowd, what ever that may be is wrong, and the SFA cannot ignore this.

Nothing in the OP suggests "apologist" of any kind.

It's the timing. It's all about defending the thumb and turning the heat up on Boydy at present. That's what's being pushed over the last couple of days and that's what this article adds weight to. Barry thinks he's writing about the whole thing. He thinks he's defending Alfie and getting at Sutton and Hartson. But his paymasters know it's all about the timing and the tone of the article. Today is all about defending the thumb and shutting down Boydy and Jackson and his paper just used an ex Rangers captain to subtly feed into that narrative. Barry is being used by them. To call that out does not make you less staunch. It doesn't mean you stop seeing BF as a Rangers legend. Barry clearly loves Rangers, but he is in bed with people that clearly hate our club and they are a lot smarter than him.

This header for this thread is pathetic.

Unless I've read this wrong, and granted only skimmed the article, he seems to be pointing out the hysteria surrounding incidents that are, by and large, f*ck all of note. Hysteria generated by those who fear Rangers winning the League. Hysteria so far that is a one way street.

That said, throwing things in to the crowd, what ever that may be is wrong, and the SFA cannot ignore this.

Nothing in the OP suggests "apologist" of any kind.

Just 'skimmed' your post - utter bollox.

Missing the point Barry. Nobody on here is saying the tape throwing itself should be such a big issue, it's the clear inconsistency in how these type of incidents are reported.

I'm not a fan at all of Ferguson's punditry work but I agree with most of what he said. He's looking at the bigger picture of his idiot colleagues losing the plot over things that are wholly insignificant because they can't handle the fact we are challenging again, rather than behaving hysterically just like they are.

No-one should give a fuck about what Morelos or thumb heid did. It's a pathetic state of affairs the outcry that has been caused by nothing incidents.

His whole article is pretty much all about this point... he's saying all the commentary around these incidents has been driven by folk blinded to reality by their allegiance to their club, rather than actual common sense.
Common sense is totally fine if everybody is treated with common sense and that just isn’t happening

Have I missed something? did Alfie get done for making the gesture? I thought his penalty points gave him 2 games plus the Scottish cup was the 3rd game. Where are we getting this Alfie was done for a gesture argument.

Certain parts of the article he’s spot on but I think he’s missing the bigger picture. It’s not being hypocrite to expect consistency. I don’t think literally anyone is genuinely offended by Morelos’ gesture nor Griffiths throwing a rolled up bit of tape (anyone that is should seek help) but if people are to condemn one act for weeks on end then be consistent.

I’m in the same as boat as Barry in terms of not giving a shit about either incident but if the hunks who are foaming at the mouth at one incident aren’t doing the same for the other, why not? FWIW, I think Boyd has been daft bringing up Griffiths’ stats as he’s given them every chance they need to help him play the victim when the pressure would’ve been on.

It’s not what Griffiths did or how we have reacted about the incident, Barry.

It’s all about the blatant DOUBLE STANDARDS and CORRUPT OFFICIALS within the Scottish game.

Griffiths and the rest of that lot can do what the hell they want - as long as they are punished properly for it.

I disagree. What punishment is Morelos getting for the "gesture" they've all been bleating about for 3 weeks? None.

We'll see what happens with Griffiths but let's be honest, if nothing happens it's probably because it's a nothing incident.

You can't throw something into the crowd, regardless of what it is or what force there was behind it.

Fans have been jailed for throwing things on to the pitch ffs.

Wake up.

There's every chance thumbheed would react that way to supporters and pundits whether Boyd had commented on his career and recent performances or not ,given his track record

Sorry Barry, but your timing couldn’t be worse in light of the filth sending a letter to sky in regard to Kris Boyds comments in regard to this vile little rodent of a human being. It makes you look cowed, guilty of towing the party line to keep the cash flowing, affording the filth domain over your relevance.

Perhaps what you should have been saying is; Why are the filth exposing a supposed mentally unfit employee to the pressures of Scotland’s highest professional football competition. Surely if he is so mentally unstable and incapable of controlling himself he should be nowhere near the limelight.

Lets be honest here Barry; The mentally ill narrative is being trotted out to offset what the filth know to have been an incident whic had one of the Killie players thrown their skanky discarded tape at filth supporters all hell would have let loose. Filth fans, football authorities, the bought and paid for media would have been baying for the most severe sanctions possible.

That Alfie is persecuted daily by those who clearly portray the mental illness of unhealthy, compulsive, obsessives and keeps it in check to the extent he does, should see him lauded. A decent young man with a burgeoning social conscience, a winning smile and fabulous football talent reduced to the level of public enemy number one.

All of the above, not because it is just and fair, this hateful witch-hunt is precipitated by the jersey he wears and the club he represents. Alfie, Boyd, Gerrard all represent a threat to the filths entirely contrived and manufactured domination of Scottish football, nay Scottish society.

With all due respect Barry they do not require your snivelling, lord haw, haw tribute act to so do. You are a Rangers man Barry, for f*cks sake like Boydy, start acting like one and tell it like it actually is. Griffiths is a little dysfunctional ned with a rap sheet the length of your arm and most of the misery he endured is entirely self inflicted. (And imagine Alfie had thrown his sock tape at opposing fans goading him)

At first reading it just looks like a naive attempt at being reasonable.
And sadly that's what it ends up being.
Naive.

He actually mentions : "Granted, I never actually threw anything at them which is where Leigh overstepped the mark."
So ... Griffiths overstepped the mark.
Which means he should be punished or at least criticised ??

And again the question arises -- if it's OK to throw a light ball of sock tape at a paying fan, is it OK to throw a sock? That's light too.
Or maybe a pair of socks, or a shinpad, or just one boot, or the two boots ?
Just what IS the "acceptable" limit to things that a player can throw at a fan without being criticised or punished ?

Frankly, that is exactly the question that Kilmarnock FC should be officially and publicly asking the SFA.

As for the watching the Celtic game with one eye and just keeping the other eye on his mobile for the Rangers score ... from an ex-Rangers captain ?? wtf ?
Totally agree. Best post until now.

Sorry Barry but you've omitted the one thing every fan wants and every football player..... CONSISTENCY

when we have that then we can listen

Fs, ferguson is only saying something that im in total agreement with. This faux outrage at the slightest thing is utterly ridiculous. Like a primary school playground these days, why am i getting into trouble and he isn't for doing the same thing as me,its not fair boo hoo.

What a society we've become. Trying to lose people their jobs because of the slightest things that would have been laughed at years back. I remember when if an opposition player gave a bit back, the punters would actually give him a bit of respect, these days it's a full blown meltdown.

The saying sticks and stones may break my bones, will need to be confined to history.

And dont give me, they started it. Just sounds like another playground tantrum and we shouldn't be playing their game. I though we were above that, but seemingly not.

Offended or not, and I wasnt, is up to the individual. But you cant slaughter players for hand gestures on one hand and ignore throwing something, even a piece of tape , on the other. Ferguson, as usual missing the point. Also, did he really have to describe the fan as Uncle Albert? The fan done nothing wrong and as far as I'm aware he hasn't made an issue if it, all Ferguson has done is ridicule him with that line.
As others have pointed out ,he has missed the whole point.
Double standards are the issue,It's not that difficult.

I always find it a bit strange when bears say these guys are just thick.....

That article is an example of an ex Rangers player, a very good player, that knows exactly whats expected of him from the daily record and that awful tv tim show he does with bitter. Its about media work more money being the cuddly ex Ger that respects the provos. I also thought he was Boyds mate ?

There is no way anyone that loves the title race as Barry suggests, follows the post match debate and is part of the press wouldnt know exactly what is happening to the club/players/support. They way everything is spun and twisted the amount of lies and double standards. The bent referees cheating on the pitch, the bans.... Barry knows the score but its a subject hes isnt interested in cos the truth would cost him his nice wee career and £££.

Next week Barry explains how difficult it is to referee up here and how we have no game without them.

Once upon a time football pundits were there to offer expert analysis. Give the viewer an expert view of things about the game that an ordinary fan isn't trained to see. There are still some who try to do that but, in the main, the TV, radio or newspaper pundit is there to try and provoke a reaction. To be outspoken and controversial in an effort to play on the emotions of the viewer. Yes, even Kris Boyd, as much as he has now spoken up for Rangers and Alfie to an extent, is trying to initiate a reaction from people. It's worked as well, with a petition online now to get him fired from BT sports and another calling for him not to be fired. That's what football punditry is about now generally.

Fs, ferguson is only saying something that im in total agreement with. This faux outrage at the slightest thing is utterly ridiculous. Like a primary school playground these days, why am i getting into trouble and he isn't for doing the same thing as me,its not fair boo hoo.

What a society we've become. Trying to lose people their jobs because of the slightest things that would have been laughed at years back. I remember when if an opposition player gave a bit back, the punters would actually give him a bit of respect, these days it's a full blown meltdown.

The saying sticks and stones may break my bones, will need to be confined to history.

And dont give me, they started it. Just sounds like another playground tantrum and we shouldn't be playing their game. I though we were above that, but seemingly not.

Well I'm going to give you it - they started it and the one-sided nature of what’s taken place over the past couple of decades renders everything you say complete drivel.

In other instances I would agree with you mate - however what sticks in our throats is 'not why am i getting it and they arent' - its why do we ALWAYS get it and that mob get away scot free.

We do need to highlight the inconsistancies and its not tit for tat - we are constantly shat on from a great height and past players/captains/legends should really be fighting our corner more in the bears eyes.

Barry, there is no point trying to be the reasonable person in this, that ship sailed along time ago.

The first half of your article should have been written last week.
Barry shouldn’t be sticking up for him he should be tipping him apart Barry is scared he will lose his tv job pure stinks

Does he actually write this crap or is it written for him?

Don‘t think there are many players in Scotland who are capable of writing a newspaper article. Many of them struggle to string two sentences together when talking so that should answer your question.

Back