What’s happening to our country

No one like us, we.... care quite a lot.

I think to an extent it's because how shite we have been over the last few years - they could never touch us because we were far better than them all for years. That changed for 5/6 years and the smaller teams went to town.

I've lived in Edinburgh for the past 10 years or so and have never really had any issues - have a bit of back and forth but it's almost always in good humour.

Since I started following Rangers as a kid in the late 90s I learned very quickly that there was a deep hatred from other clubs towards us however, this seemed to be kept to stadiums and pub chat amongst rival fans with a bit of banter.

This season in particular with the clear media bias and the general feeling that Rangers as a club and us as supporters are easy game for anyone that wants to take a pop. We’ve even heard people justifying racism against Morelos with claims that he brings it on himself... in a country that claims to be the most inclusive with in our island!

Then I read the other day about “loyalist supporters” that are planning to protest against an IRA march... surely right minded people don’t want murder being glorified on our streets??
In the same article it puts the OO and the organisers of the march in the same bracket as “sectarian organisations”
How can an organisation that is Christian based and have no history of its members in scotland being involved in sectarian offences when on parade be openly likened to thugs who are marching for the Real IRA (that murdered a young journalist within the last year btw) without anyone in the media actually saying well wait a minute, these are two completely different types of organisations...

Since the SNP got into power and began their decisive agenda, this country has got more bitter every year. I dread to think what kind of country my son is going to grow up in as a Unionist Rangers supporter?

There seems no stopping it as well... the worse they perform on important issues, the more power they seem to get!?!
This only happens because we are stable people the scum are not they never have been you are correct on the issue I think at the end of the day we will god ballistic if they ever got independence but we should be careful as so many of our supporters actually support snp it’s so strange one thing I know am of if we ever get independence I have family in England

That is a shame mate.
I haven't lived in Scotland for a long time, but I really become quite upset when people like yourself become despondent.
I really hope that the Unionists can recover the country and make it a great place again.
I believe that they can do this because Scotland is worth saving.

Unionists are the majority in Scotland - I don't think there is anything to recover.

There are groups who support Independance but don't mistake the loud minority for the majority.

Most normal people are getting on with their lives. This website is an angry echo chamber (at times) that people who will post things like this will then rant about existing in other places.
You perhaps have a point, this is an echo chamber, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the UK has become oblivious to the toxic manipulations of the SNP, indeed it is actually the opposite.
People down in England are quickly becoming pissed off with Scotland, and what they perceive to be the non-stop whining Scots.
In my time in England, Scots have gone from being the darling much-loved cousins of most English people to the annoying bstrds next door.
Perhaps this is a device being used by the SNP to piss the English off, but believe me, it is working.
And some!

I can’t get my heid round Scottish politics. The referendum showed that there is a unionist majority and even if that wee nyaff got her second referendum I’m sure she’d get told the same.

Why then do the SNP win all the seats? I know that in the Scottish Parliament they need the support of the Greens (sic) but do you seriously think they’ll get damaged in 2021?

When you look what happened in the previous UK Parliament over Brexit, it became an absolute farce. How nice would it be if Hollyrood got fecked up to the same extent. Get enough Tories & Labour in there and even with the Greens/Lib Dems they could struggle. The unionist community needs to come together here. Under favourable circumstances they could end that lot.

I say this more in hope than expectation.

Unionists are the majority in Scotland - I don't think there is anything to recover.

There are groups who support Independance but don't mistake the loud minority for the majority.
I agree, but they don't have a voice that is being heard anywhere that matters.
Meanwhile, the only people that have a say are the SNP, the only people who are being heard are the SNP, the only Scottish people that are being quoted are the SNP, the only Scots who have a voice in England that makes a difference to perceptions of English people are the SNP.
There is your reality, there is your problem and there is why your bold post is mostly in need of some tender loving care.

Meanwhile, the only people that have a say are the SNP, the only people who are being heard are the SNP, the only Scottish people that are being quoted are the SNP, the only Scots who have a voice in England that makes a difference to perceptions of English people are the SNP.
There is your reality, there is your problem and there is why your bold post is mostly in need of some tender loving care.

The voice was heard where it mattered most - in the referendum.

The fact that the SNP are the ones being heard is because Unionist parties are a total shambles - the Tories know they don't need Scotland to win an election and Labour got so complacent in Scotland they seem to have forgotten how to campaign here.

It says something when a country, that by most polls don't support Independence are voting in a party who support Independence because people felt there is no credible alternative.

If Scotland get Independence any time soon it's not because of the looneys on social media or the SNP - it will be due to sucessive UK governments that are unpopular in Scotland, a clear and obvious disconnect between Scottish voters and voters from the rest of the UK and a preference to be part of the EU than the UK.

I get your point - however I still think it's the Unionists game to lose, despite the noisy minority.

Last edited:
this is the problem that will not go away unless we stand up to them
we need some politician to do that,
but who?
there in lies the problem

We need to be smarter and challenge them - their grievances can only go so far but they have a way to go yet. They will be in power for the next 10 years IMO before the hordes released things don't get any better by constantly just complaining about things that are in your own control.

Since I started following Rangers as a kid in the late 90s I learned very quickly that there was a deep hatred from other clubs towards us however, this seemed to be kept to stadiums and pub chat amongst rival fans with a bit of banter.

This season in particular with the clear media bias and the general feeling that Rangers as a club and us as supporters are easy game for anyone that wants to take a pop. We’ve even heard people justifying racism against Morelos with claims that he brings it on himself... in a country that claims to be the most inclusive with in our island!

Then I read the other day about “loyalist supporters” that are planning to protest against an IRA march... surely right minded people don’t want murder being glorified on our streets??
In the same article it puts the OO and the organisers of the march in the same bracket as “sectarian organisations”
How can an organisation that is Christian based and have no history of its members in scotland being involved in sectarian offences when on parade be openly likened to thugs who are marching for the Real IRA (that murdered a young journalist within the last year btw) without anyone in the media actually saying well wait a minute, these are two completely different types of organisations...

Since the SNP got into power and began their decisive agenda, this country has got more bitter every year. I dread to think what kind of country my son is going to grow up in as a Unionist Rangers supporter?

There seems no stopping it as well... the worse they perform on important issues, the more power they seem to get!?!
The SNP ( The axis of evil )

We need to be smarter and challenge them - their grievances can only go so far but they have a way to go yet. They will be in power for the next 10 years IMO before the hordes released things don't get any better by constantly just complaining about things that are in your own control.
another 10 years of snp sounds very very depressing

The U.K. needs to deal with the SNP the same way Spain did with Catolonia

I wish I studied economics when I had the chance. I'm fairly certain that the economic output of Edinburgh is higher than the economic output of Glasgow despite the relative disparity in size. I think that Barcelona as an economic centre outperforms Madrid in the same way. In that sense (alone) the situation in Barcelona and Catalonia is entirely incomparable to the situation in Scotland and the UK. The size and strength of London alone makes it completely incomparable.

not just that but what have snp done outwith shouting they want independence for years nothing you would think this country would be sick of nothing else getting done yet they still vote them

not just that but what have snp done outwith shouting they want independence for years nothing you would think this country would be sick of nothing else getting done yet they still vote them
Their message resonates with the “hard done by” its that simple

The voice was heard where it mattered most - in the referendum.

The fact that the SNP are the ones being heard is because Unionist parties are a total shambles - the Tories know they don't need Scotland to win an election and Labour got so complacent in Scotland they seem to have forgotten how to campaign here.

It says something when a country, that by most polls don't support Independence are voting in a party who support Independence because people felt there is no credible alternative.

If Scotland get Independence any time soon it's not because of the looneys on social media or the SNP - it will be due to sucessive UK governments that are unpopular in Scotland, a clear and obvious disconnect between Scottish voters and voters from the rest of the UK and a preference to be part of the EU than the UK.

I get your point - however I still think it's the Unionists game to lose, despite the noisy minority.
The EU thing is confusing.
London also voted to remain, it also eschewed the Tories in the last election and yet where is the political connection between London and Scotland?

Still, I can see your point about the Unionist majority, however, it is a majority that needs a voice and it needs to be heard rapidly.

A rapist?
Certainly not, but theres no doubt he's the one who got the nats to where they are today.

He played the ordinary man in the street well. Liking the football and enjoying a punt at the races, but people bought into it and now they dont need him anymore.

People over here ask me all the time if I miss Scotland. They assume its all friendly people and rolling hills. I soon put them right to the point they probably wish they didn't ask. All I miss are the gers and family. I hate what the SNP have done to Scotland.

I was a kid in the 60's and to be honest the vast majority of folk that supported smaller clubs had a soft spot for us, and then it changed over time. I'll be honest and say that we really were the establishment club, quintessentially Scottish. There is no doubt Nationalism has changed Scotland, but I will remain British until the day I die.

People over here ask me all the time if I miss Scotland. They assume its all friendly people and rolling hills. I soon put them right to the point they probably wish they didn't ask. All I miss are the gers and family. I hate what the SNP have done to Scotland.
a don't get why so many people in Scotland think there the best nicest people ever its a myth its bullshit yet I think many in this country genuinely believe it

weird comment
Why is it? The nats would be nowhere near what they are now if he hadn't come along. Dont think for a minute I like this guy, but he has managed to bring many along with him. I really hope he goes down, but what I want more than anything is the truth of when and how this was covered up by them, especially as it happened not long before the referendum.

Sturgeon and many others know what went on here and I believe that part of keeping it quiet was him standing down.

Certainly not, but theres no doubt he's the one who got the nats to where they are today.

He played the ordinary man in the street well. Liking the football and enjoying a punt at the races, but people bought into it and now they dont need him anymore.

I've always thought that if I grew up in Linlithgow, I'd have had an idealistic view of life in Scotland as well. Anyone that's grown up in affluence, studied at St. Andrews and become an economist for the nation's bank, whilst at the same time, masquerading as a man of the people, should set off alarm bells.

Why is it? The nats would be nowhere near what they are now if he hadn't come along. Dont think for a minute I like this guy, but he has managed to bring many along with him. I really hope he goes down, but what I want more than anything is the truth of when and how this was covered up by them, especially as it happened not long before the referendum.

Sturgeon and many others know what went on here and I believe that part of keeping it quiet was him standing down.
well it really should be a case that he destroys the party that he made so big because of the shit that he has done but as we already know scum buckets will still support that party if they think there's another chance of a referendum

What ? Not sure if serious.

I'm not meaning him and his poison. Just wish we had someone who could be popular on the unionist side of things and right now we have nobody. I dont care wether they're labour tory or lib dem.

I would like to think some of the media would dig deep into what went on within the snp after this trial is over, but I wont hold my breath.

The SNP are poison. They have divided families and friends and Scotland is a poorer place because of their existence. Given the abject failure of the SNP to govern properly, and the statistics proving their incompetence in all areas such as finance, health and education why do the Scottish people keep voting for them? I just don’t get it.

I've always thought that if I grew up in Linlithgow, I'd have had an idealistic view of life in Scotland as well. Anyone that's grown up in affluence, studied at St. Andrews and become an economist for the nation's bank, whilst at the same time, masquerading as a man of the people, should set off alarm bells.
I agree with you, but that's the game he played and many bought into it. Adolf Hitler done the same mind you. Played the way Germany was treated after the war with grievance politics, exactly what herr salmond done.

The SNP are poison. They have divided families and friends and Scotland is a poorer place because of their existence. Given the abject failure of the SNP to govern properly, and the statistics proving their incompetence in all areas such as finance, health and education why do the Scottish people keep voting for them? I just don’t get it.
because there is many people in this country who don't care about any other political thing other then independence

Reactions: VGM
Trying to have simple football discussions about talking points with other teams fans has turned into hate filled arguments for me.
I honestly don't care about fans hating us f them that is fine, but what they are saying comes from the media and above, they parrot the same shit over and over again our voice has been lost but we are finding it again and it will be heard loud and clear when 55 comes home

Trying to have simple football discussions about talking points with other teams fans has turned into hate filled arguments for me.
I honestly don't care about fans hating us f them that is fine, but what they are saying comes from the media and above, they parrot the same shit over and over again our voice has been lost but we are finding it again and it will be heard loud and clear when 55 comes home
55 will be one of the finest days of my life

The EU thing is confusing.
London also voted to remain, it also eschewed the Tories in the last election and yet where is the political connection between London and Scotland?

Still, I can see your point about the Unionist majority, however, it is a majority that needs a voice and it needs to be heard rapidly.

I don't think it is particularly confusing - one of the things that Better Together campaigned on was that if Scotland left the UK they wouldn't be able to remain a member of the EU (how important a detail that was in the Indyref is up for debate).

Geographically, Scotland as a nation voted with a large majority to remain party of the EU and were outvoted by the rest of the UK as a result we are leaving.

I think for anyone to think that this will not have a bearing (I don't think it's enough on it's own) on attitudes towards Scotland leaving the UK is allowing their own political bias to cloud their judgement.

I don't think it is particularly confusing - one of the things that Better Together campaigned on was that if Scotland left the UK they wouldn't be able to remain a member of the EU (how important a detail that was in the Indyref is up for debate).

Geographically, Scotland as a nation voted with a large majority to remain party of the EU and were outvoted by the rest of the UK as a result we are leaving.

I think for anyone to think that this will not have a bearing (I don't think it's enough on it's own) on attitudes towards Scotland leaving the UK is allowing their own political bias to cloud their judgement.
Scotland knew there was gonna be a referendum on leaving the eu before the Scottish referendum and knew there was a chance that people might vote to leave the eu so what am saying is Scotland voted to stay knowing leave might win eu referendum so I don't know how they can use it as an argument for another Scottish referendum

I agree with you, but that's the game he played and many bought into it. Adolf Hitler done the same mind you. Played the way Germany was treated after the war with grievance politics, exactly what herr salmond done.

I honestly think you are giving them too much credit. It wasn’t some master manipulation that got them in. Labour under Henry McLeish and Jack McConnell were stinking of corruption and self serving in the extreme.

If you were on here at the time a fair amount of people were happy to see the back of Labour at the time.

The Tories at that time in Scotland were still toxic - there was nowhere else for Scottish voters to turn.

Once they got power they implemented policies that were largely popular and were the only substantial party to attack austerity (while being confident they would never have to come up with any answers themselves).

Opened this thread thinking it might have been about the power cut that's just woken my whole house because it set the alarm off! There is a metaphor in there somewhere

Scotland knew there was gonna be a referendum on leaving the eu before the Scottish referendum and knew there was a chance that people might vote to leave the eu so what am saying is Scotland voted to stay knowing leave might win eu referendum so I don't know how they can use it as an argument for another Scottish referendum

The Indyref was in 2014 and the EU ref was part of Cameron’s 2015 manifesto and the vote happened in 2016.

I can’t really remember if there was chat of it at the time - however im pretty sure it wasn’t in place before the Indyref.

The Indyref was in 2014 and the EU ref was part of Cameron’s 2015 manifesto and the vote happened in 2016.

I can’t really remember if there was chat of it at the time - however im pretty sure it wasn’t in place before the Indyref.
Cameron promised a vote on leaving the EU a long time before that. We knew it was happening, we just didn't know when for a long time.

I'll be honest. I voted to leave. Then again where I live in England the vast majority voted to leave.

It was a democratic vote. Scotland needs to abide by it. How it would effect another IndyRef I've no idea.

most of the english boys i work with expect me to be an snp supporter (dont know why)but are taken aback in my venom against the wee jimmy and her pals and its all to do piss the english off to get rid

Back