Former players speaking out.

Step forward Mr Boyd and Mr McCoist , now firstly hands up I have been critical of both in the past but credit where credit is due both have been quite vocal in defending our club and players in recent weeks.
More than anyone within the club seems to do , over to you Mr Robertson.

Robertson is a fcking Fraud.

He's absolutely hopeless.

Shouldn't be anywhere near the position he is in.

Are we looking for Boyd to become our very own Chris Sutton? I hope not. Boyd has come across brilliantly in recent weeks.

Boyd & Ally have been more vocal recently.

I suspect the club have had a word.

We’ve effectively got one of Boyle’s wingmen as our MD, they had / have numerous business ties outwith MFC.
If the guy is not acting in the best interests of the club or allowing external issues to prevent him from doing so then that should be dealt with.

Why would the club not speak out?

Surrogates are all well and good, but they’re water of a duck’s back when it comes to the governing bodies

I'm as baffled by our strategy as you mate.

But Boyd and McCoist both seemed to change their tunes at a similar point in time.

The surrogates are reminiscent of the way the club use c1872 though.

It could be a positive if only it was backed by a robust stance directly from the club.

robertson is good at restricting visiting fans and leaving empty seats.
oops, that was when he was at motherwell and it was rangers fans he restricted.

If the guy is not acting in the best interests of the club or allowing external issues to prevent him from doing so then that should be dealt with.

I wasn’t inferring that he was “ dodgy “ just want better for Rangers than somebody like Stewart Robertson, especially given the company that he - in a business sense - appears to have kept over the last couple of decades.

Last edited:
You see the difference with Sutton, Hartson, + Commons all singing from the same hymn sheet when Morelos is involved e.g. after the 29th Dec 2018 game and Morelos ' kicking' Brown.

I don't know if it's coordinated but it seems that way.

I wasn’t inferring that he was “ dodgy “ just want better for Rangers than somebody like Stewart Robertson, especially given the company that he - in a business sense - he appears to have kept over the last couple of decades.
No inference taken but without doubt a man in his position should be 100% behind Rangers and the interests of the club.
In fact any club employee should but he needs to lead the way.

I'm as baffled by our strategy as you mate.

But Boyd and McCoist both seemed to change their tunes at a similar point in time.

The surrogates are reminiscent of the way the club use c1872 though.

It could be a positive if only it was backed by a robust stance directly from the club.

The club’s silence is harrowing.

I’m disgusted with Robertson’s inaction.

He’s earned millions via salary and bonuses since coming to Rangers, publicly call a spade a spade, if he’s worried about peeing his Hapden colleagues off, do press release that been vetted by lawyers who could cross refer with SFA disciplinary procedures / judicial panel protocol (2020).

I honestly don't get why Gerrard wouldn't call it out

these events are at some point probably going to lead to him leaving the job or being sacked for not winning things - I'm not saying I want that to happen but does he want to lose his job? we need to start putting out statements about certain refs and saying all we are asking is for the games to be officiated in the correct manner with fairness for all, we are not asking for every decision to go to us because we are not that way inclined

at the moment, that is not happening and it's quite obvious the reason why

I honestly don't get why Gerrard wouldn't call it out

these events are at some point probably going to lead to him leaving the job or being sacked for not winning things - I'm not saying I want that to happen but does he want to lose his job? we need to start putting out statements about certain refs and saying all we are asking is for the games to be officiated in the correct manner with fairness for all, we are not asking for every decision to go to us because we are not that way inclined

at the moment, that is not happening and it's quite obvious the reason why
He did call out the ref in his first league game just as McGregor appeared to question the Compliance Office last season.
Reports suggested Robertson was asked to have a word with AM so it begs the question was SG silenced ?

In what sense?
1. Robertson is a numbers guy, an accountant, it's not his job to speak for us.
2. He possesses neither the skills, nous nor the personality to do it.
3. King has the most influence at board level, he could ensure we have someone with the skillset.

3. King has the most influence at board level, he could ensure we have someone with the skillset.

It is his job to ensure that Rangers are treated fairly.

It would be interesting to have a Ryan Jack or Greg Stewart opinion. I wonder if when they were at Aberdeen or Kilmarnock they felt or new that they were refereed differently v us than with the filth
Would be nice if true if they would comment on it

It is his job to ensure that Rangers are treated fairly.
Wish we could accept the reality, VH. Robertson demonstrably isn't there to speak for the club. If he was, if anyone was, they wouldn't be silent in the face of blatant corruption. Traynor is a lot of things but he's nowhere near as shit as our reputation risk management
The unacceptable truth, for some, is that we have no one. That's principally because of the main man, it's down to Dave King

Last edited:
Surely the Managing Director is paid to manage the business and if he does not possess the skill set to speak out then he employs someone to do so and manages them , either way he is culpable.

Surely the Managing Director is paid to manage the business and if he does not possess the skill set to speak out then he employs someone to do so and manages them , either way he is culpable.
Job titles and roles are flexible.
You think Robertson or King is the main man? We know it's King.
If he believes we need to speak out, it'll happen.
If he is unhappy with Robertson, he'll be replaced.
If you don't agree with the above then I think you're saying King is negligent because he sees action is required and won't take it.

Job titles and roles are flexible.
You think Robertson or King is the main man? We know it's King.
If he believes we need to speak out, it'll happen.
If he is unhappy with Robertson, he'll be replaced.
If you don't agree with the above then I think you're saying King is negligent because he sees action is required and won't take it.
In normal business a board will appoint an MD to deal with the day to day running of the business , if the MD is not performing his tasks then the board will remove him , IMO this is what needs to happen at the club.

He is actually fine in terms of a management position but for the job he is in with us he is out of his depth, spineless and his attitude seems to be bend over and take it.

however , it shouldn’t start with him, it should start with Gerrard, he is too quick to come out and play the nice guy, too quick to throw his players under the bus and say he has “no complaints”.

it has to start with Gerrard.

In normal business a board will appoint an MD to deal with the day to day running of the business , if the MD is not performing his tasks then the board will remove him , IMO this is what needs to happen at the club.
I agree with everything you say but it doesn't apply because it's not a normal board.

This is what we severely lack. They all stick together regardless and close ranks. With the exception of Boyd recently. We don’t have anyone fighting our corner in the media and calling them out for what they are/or are getting

This is what we severely lack. They all stick together regardless and close ranks. With the exception of Boyd recently. We don’t have anyone fighting our corner in the media and calling them out for what they are/or are getting
McCoist did a great job today and put Mutton in his place doing so.

Back