Match Thread Rangers 1 (Arfield) Livingston 0 FT

Monsoon conditions in Sunny Dennistoun just now, at 17:21 but the pitch will be okay tomorrow, SPFL says the game will be played, so that's okay then.

we should have kicked up a stink when the tims game was re arranged

that game was called off middle of September, we still don’t have a date for it, that’s not acceptable.
Again go back and look at available midweeks - there were none regardless of when we had complained

I just drive from Stepps to Newtonmearns, its brutal outside. How can they even think the game will be on tomorrow is beyond me.

As an aside - have the club put measures in place like covers, extra drainage facilities etc or are they just going to turn up tomorrow, knowing full well the forecast, and just hope for the best?

If the game is on then safe travels to all bears attending heard it's meant to be more of the same weather wise tomorrow.

I actually think it will go ahead, the forecast has cleared up compared to what it was earlier.

Still some showers but hopefully it will dry up enough to get the pitch cleared

Rain is off in the city centre and the forecast is just light showers with strong winds. Surprised that the game was rescheduled for tomorrow, but no issues for me. Not good for fans that have travelled from further afield today and others that have plans for tomorrow and can't make it.

I know tomorrow is more to do with the wind than rain but at least they have made an attempt to play it quicker given what could happen further down the season

Not ideal for everyone I admit

HPutdx.jpg
That doesn't look that bad. I thought you'd been hit by a freak snowstorm over there by the reaction. Game off for a bit of rain? Come on...

Where's the thread about playing football in a quagmire during the 70s gone?

8 and 1/2 hours driving today and just shy of a five hundred mile round trip.
Inspection tomorrow at 1030. Why wasn’t that the case today?
Will probably head up again tomorrow but have to leave earlier than 1030 to make kick off.
More consideration has to be given to our support and arrange early inspections. Everyone knew the game today was at risk quite why an early inspection wasn’t arranged I’ve no idea.
Safe trip to all heading tomorrow. Roads were dangerous today, Beattock and Shap areas both particularly dangerous.

If this goes ahead it’s going to be a battle tomorrow, we need to be up for it and have the sleeves rolled up from the start.

My thinking about it being rescheduled for tomorrow, and I may be way off, is if the pitch isnt playable, they will go for Monday.

If they rescheduled for Monday, and Sunday was playable and a freak storm put the game off on Monday, people would be shouting from the rooftops calling it a shambles, disgrace, horrendous decision etc etc.

Will probably head up again tomorrow but have to leave earlier than 1030 to make kick off.
More consideration has to be given to our support and arrange early inspections. Everyone knew the game today was at risk quite why an early inspection wasn’t arranged I’ve no idea.
Safe trip to all heading tomorrow. Roads were dangerous today, Beattock and Shap areas both particularly dangerous.
TOTAL RESPECT. Hats off to a true warrior.

My thinking about it being rescheduled for tomorrow, and I may be way off, is if the pitch isnt playable, they will go for Monday.

If they rescheduled for Monday, and Sunday was playable and a freak storm put the game off on Monday, people would be shouting from the rooftops calling it a shambles, disgrace, horrendous decision etc etc.
Don’t see it being moved to Monday when we have a big game Thursday

Don’t see it being moved to Monday when we have a big game Thursday

No different to Saturday -Tuesday or Sunday- Wednesday

But it would leave the SPFL in awkward position after the fact Livingston asked for Monday night

The fact is we don't have much room to play it if we progress against Braga

Its a very difficult situation for the club. I feel sorry fans who have travelled or lost out.
The authorities are at fault. Too many games, too little time. Bad planning

Outstanding Walterego, wish all Bears showed your commitment. Drive safe mate

Not that it has any effect on me, but seeing the guys who were posting about those in Hospitality today, I'm assuming they got a fair go at it today, do they still have valid tickets for tomorrow and therefore get a double go at the hospitality?

As an aside - have the club put measures in place like covers, extra drainage facilities etc or are they just going to turn up tomorrow, knowing full well the forecast, and just hope for the best?
Sorry don't have an answer but would like to know as well.

Is it just a case of crossing our fingers or is there a cunning plan?

Not that it has any effect on me, but seeing the guys who were posting about those in Hospitality today, I'm assuming they got a fair go at it today, do they still have valid tickets for tomorrow and therefore get a double go at the hospitality?

Yes mate. All tickets (including hospitality) are valid for the rescheduled fixture in the event of a postponement.

Can’t get on the club website looks like it has crashed. Is the inspection at 10am or 10.30am? Anyone know why they did an inspection today at 12.30 but took over 20 minutes to announce the game was off?

Back