The pitch tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pitch is already a mess. If they game goes ahead tomorrow then it's going to be a massive mess by the end of it. Really isn't going to be in good nick for the midweek game.

I can't go into specficis mate but I can assure you things will be fixed. The weather has really not helped on that front but give it time.

You seem to be ITK re the pitch , and have confirmed mistakes have been made but will be sorted .

I don’t suppose at this stage we can ask much more .

It’s just mistake after mistake at the moment at all levels of our club , on and off the park . A difficult period shall we say . The quicker it ends the better .

Considering how the rain has been all day and if it continues through the night I can’t see the game going ahead. Difficult to see that pitch coping.

It has nothing to do with it being lifted at the end of the season. Can we please stop saying it was relaid as well! The pitch is never relaid. It's seeded!!!!

The hybrid was never installed.

The full hybrid is the plan but the cost is a high factor. The club need to accept it and put the money in.

This turf has nothing to do with the playing surface. You will notice that this turf is now in place of the astroturf (1m width) on the mainstand side. Basically the linesman line that they run up.

It was asked to get done by the players.
The players don't run up and down the same line the linesman runs along, hybrid was done last season around the goal areas. In order to reseed the pitch the turf has to be lifted and there has ben times where we have relaid the pitch using turf brought in.

With all the constant rain that's forecast for tomorrow, will the pitch hold up? Its looked a bit patchy recently. Just hope it allows us to play football and not become a leveller.
It needs to be fixed, looks awful, I don’t know how they’ve managed to let it get into that state. Gerrard must be raging.

Is it really that simple how thick would u have to cut the turf so it doesn’t lift up and injure someone ? How much haulage would be required to then transport thick turf from auchenhowie to Ibrox and machinery then needed to lay it. Getting turf would never be an issue it’s the practicality of doing it.
If we produced our own turf then it cuts out the cost of having to pay for it, no ?

Being a wee bit weird about the Ibrox pitch I asked the grounds boys up at Hummel during the Glasgow cup game about what was going on and they said they literally couldn't get the grass to grow as it is sodden. Now you think how much watering that parks took before games and stuff. Take out of that what you like. I know nothing about growing football pitches

I don't see the sense in trying to play this tomorrow, the pitch is an embarrassment, haven't seen it as bad since the 2006-07 season. I remember us beating Dundee Utd 5-0 on something which resembled a ploughed field. Walter's first game back.

I'm not going to say why it is, so get off the high horse and accept that sometimes things don't go as planned but im sure at your job, you get everything 100 bang on all the time.....

Go dry your eyes and give it a break. For weeks you've been banging on about shit you know nothing about wanting someone to blame.

Go do some research, get some facts, go see all the pitches you've mentioned above. get the rate they drain at, the type of sand used etc and come back to me.

Not every park is the same.

I have a mate in the trade and his words are that no way should out pitch be in the condition it is , we apparently laid a hybrid at the HTC and it wasn't a success, why was that? Surely our heads groundsman has to answer that... And the state of Ibrox... It simply isn't acceptable

I just feel that scheduling for tomorrow is a massive gamble. Fixtures-wise, yes get it played. But weather and pitch-wise I don’t understand.

Then again, it’s sunny and warm here so what do I know?

If we produced our own turf then it cuts out the cost of having to pay for it, no ?
Not really when u add the transport costs and machinery needed to lay it having a turf nursery isn’t exactly a new idea or a problem solver , what about the upkeep of the pitch that you have to maintain in great nick not to be used but just in case you may need some turf. Let’s wait and see what the club say is the Actual problem with the park before everyone goes bananas and wants heads to roll.

With all the constant rain that's forecast for tomorrow, will the pitch hold up? Its looked a bit patchy recently. Just hope it allows us to play football and not become a leveller.

Of course it can be a leveller but on a good Ibrox surface the last time we played them we were in some bother wi their forward dykes causing most of it.

So we better get the act together tomorrow and get the 3 points.

I'm not an expert, but I'd hazard a guess that our pitch isn't draining as it should. I play a lot of golf and even on the same course, the location of certain greens can make them really difficult to maintain. Our pitch is 'low' (think about how much higer the surrounds are). The infamous 'water table', as we are close to the clyde, may play a part as well. To help grass to grow you need feed, light, heat and water (not too much). Clearly 1 of the elements is off. The natural light is very poor at Ibrox as well.

The pitch is draining excatly as it should. the drainage rates have not changed any. It can't drain quicker than it is, It's literally impossible.

The water table hasn't helped with it this morning and hopefully thats sorted in the near future.
What's the main issue mate? Understand if you can't say.

If the game does go ahead real chance whats left of the pitch gets totally destroyed.

Take the call off.

I can't say mate but it's certainly not down to a lack of trying from the guys who look after it. Lets just remember that its the same lads that look after the training ground and the pitches there are in mint condition.
Do you even know what your talking about. Go have a look at the video of the players training where it gives the view using a drone, It's right above the desso pitch which was installed and come back and tell me it's in mint condition.

The Ibrox pitch is absolutely dreadful and the worst it's been in years, drainage systems are pointless if you have really heavy constant rain, they can only cope with so much water and then the water starts coming to the top of the pitch and what's happened today is a result of that.

Heat lamps are a waste of time if you only have three or four, In order to get the pitch better you would need the heat lamps covering the whole pitch,grass doesn't grow in the winter and the light isn't an issue, my grass in the garden gets plenty of light and sunlight and still doesn't grow in the winter.

If the rain continues it will just turn into a mudbath, desso pitches are only as good as the pitches they are sewn into, if the grass fails then your left with nothing more than artificial plastic stands of grass, no amount of groundwork will bring the pitch back to life, it's ruined and the club have a decision to make, I can see it being ripped up and re-turfed pretty soon.

For the third time today, this wouldn't be a problem with the way it is designed going forward

And for the umpteenth time squire , the pitch can’t be lowered any further than it is or people in the club deck won’t be able to see the touch line at all . This has been checked and re checked .

I've known Roxy for years and more often than not the pitch at Ibrox is the best in the country but bad years do happen. Looks like this is one if those bad ones unfortunately.

Do you even know what your talking about. Go have a look at the video of the players training where it gives the view using a drone, It's right above the desso pitch which was installed and come back and tell me it's in mint condition.

The Ibrox pitch is absolutely dreadful and the worst it's been in years, drainage systems are pointless if you have really heavy constant rain, they can only cope with so much water and then the water starts coming to the top of the pitch and what's happened today is a result of that.

Heat lamps are a waste of time if you only have three or four, In order to get the pitch better you would need the heat lamps covering the whole pitch,grass doesn't grow in the winter and the light isn't an issue, my grass in the garden gets plenty of light and sunlight and still doesn't grow in the winter.

If the rain continues it will just turn into a mudbath, desso pitches are only as good as the pitches they are sewn into, if the grass fails then your left with nothing more than artificial plastic stands of grass, no amount of groundwork will bring the pitch back to life, it's ruined and the club have a decision to make, I can see it being ripped up and re-turfed pretty soon.

There are far more than 3 or 4 heat lamps. I posted a picture with 21 earlier in the thread. I am in there once or twice a week and they are always on through the winter months.

For what its worth the two 18 yard boxes look far better than the rest of the pitch. Whatever they changed when they dug it up and reseeded the rest in May has not worked. Its as poor as I had seen it in years. Strangely enough I thought the pitch looked superb close up in May before they removed the grass.

With regards to today drainage is only good if the water has somewhere to go. The last couple of days every drain within 10 miles of Ibrox has been full to capacity so the water can't shift at the rate we need it to. I will be amazed if 24 hours makes any difference. I can see a 10:30 call off tomorrow.

And for the umpteenth time squire , the pitch can’t be lowered any further than it is or people in the club deck won’t be able to see the touch line at all . This has been checked and re checked .

The touchlines can move in and as if by magic you can see the full pitch from the club deck. ;)

We will wait and ssee :)

We won’t mate because it cannot be done . The view is poor enough up there , lowering the pitch would make it completely restricted .

You genuinely think the club will risk lowering the pitch again given the massive costs involved and having to discount club deck season tickets ?

You do realise the pitch isn't sewn right??? only the 18 yard boxes were done.....

I've seen situtions way worse than this and it comes back fine with the right work and products ;)
Yes i already told you that a few posts ago, i posted pictures on here of it being done. The pitch is ruined and if you think it will come back fine given all the weather just now and all the games that have to be played on it it won't recover. It would take weeks of not playing on it and freak warm sunshine, the pitch will get ripped up because it's so bad and new turf will be brought in and relaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back