The pitch tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are far more than 3 or 4 heat lamps. I posted a picture with 21 earlier in the thread. I am in there once or twice a week and they are always on through the winter months.

For what its worth the two 18 yard boxes look far better than the rest of the pitch. Whatever they changed when they dug it up and reseeded the rest in May has not worked. Its as poor as I had seen it in years. Strangely enough I thought the pitch looked superb close up in May before they removed the grass.

With regards to today drainage is only good if the water has somewhere to go. The last couple of days every drain within 10 miles of Ibrox has been full to capacity so the water can't shift at the rate we need it to. I will be amazed if 24 hours makes any difference. I can see a 10:30 call off tomorrow.
If they are constantly on, does that not tell you they aren't working if you look at the state of the grass. Where do they store these 21 rows of lights ? I've only ever seen them against a wall behind the Broomloan and was about 4 rows of them.

im sure we strip The turf and plant seed and new top soil at the end of every season. They usually release time lapse videos showing the progress
Do u mean they strip turf from Hummel training centre and then it is repaired?
Doubt it?
It has nothing to do with it being lifted at the end of the season. Can we please stop saying it was relaid as well! The pitch is never relaid. It's seeded!!!!

No it's not. You're so wrong. How long do you think it would take for seed to establish? It's big rolls turf 40mm thick.

The hybrid was never installed.

The full hybrid is the plan but the cost is a high factor. The club need to accept it and put the money in.

This turf has nothing to do with the playing surface. You will notice that this turf is now in place of the astroturf (1m width) on the mainstand side. Basically the linesman line that they run up.

It was asked to get done by the players.

Whoever said its turf rather than seed..... You're very wrong. I'm not guessing here. I know for a fact and can even tell you what seed it is, where they get it, the day its put in the ground, how it germinates so quickly..... but hey you know best

What's the seed then?

Anaerobic soil conditions.

So you expect a newly laid turf surface to remain intact..... this sums up your knowledge on the subject.

Do let me know when this new turf will be arriving please, as all the turf farms that prduce it require months in advance notice but wait, you would know this right?

I'll stop replying to you. you have no clue what you're talking about. you remind me of all ther golfers who think they're greenkeepers after cutting the lawn.

One last thing though, can you explain to me what's went wrong with the pitch? What has happened to the grass coverage and why its drainage rate can't be improved..... I'll be waiting patiently
Soil compaction
Lack of air movement around pitch
Shade, (yes we have UV lights)
Level of water table compared to level of pitch makes it really hard for groundsmen.
If seed was used I'd guess dwarf rye grass, comes with shade tolerance and high wear tolerance, you could also use SSMG

Dwarf rye into a football pitch.... interesting..... What cultivars would this be....

Anaerobic soil conditions and compaction on a surface that has remained open for the past 6 weeks at several depths......

stay off google.
Don't understand, remained open past six weeks at several depths? Why can't a
Perhaps it’s getting a wee bit petty now .

I think for what it’s worth the poster is ITK and worth listening to .
Yes I agree. But I don't agree with everything they say. If the poster is one of our groundsmen then cap doffed, respect. It's a challenging environment at Ibrox, much more than other stadiums.

Don't understand, remained open past six weeks at several depths? Why can't a

Yes I agree. But I don't agree with everything they say. If the poster is one of our groundsmen then cap doffed, respect. It's a challenging environment at Ibrox, much more than other stadiums.
He means the pitch has remained open as in its been spiked probably several times in the last 6 weeks , aeration work done to aid drainage

So you expect a newly laid turf surface to remain intact..... this sums up your knowledge on the subject.

Do let me know when this new turf will be arriving please, as all the turf farms that prduce it require months in advance notice but wait, you would know this right?

I'll stop replying to you. you have no clue what you're talking about. you remind me of all ther golfers who think they're greenkeepers after cutting the lawn.

One last thing though, can you explain to me what's went wrong with the pitch? What has happened to the grass coverage and why its drainage rate can't be improved..... I'll be waiting patiently
Ffs, you want to calm down mate.

If they are constantly on, does that not tell you they aren't working if you look at the state of the grass. Where do they store these 21 rows of lights ? I've only ever seen them against a wall behind the Broomloan and was about 4 rows of them.

The lights seem to work fine up to this season. Maybe indicates the problem this time lies in the grass.

The lights are kept behind the Broomloan as you know. Maybe the pic of the 21 lights and all of the others showing multiple rigs on google have all been photoshopped.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/1a/93/3a/18/Ibrox-stadium.jpg
DoOK5C6XUAEdxw_.jpg

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/09/9f/6b/FF/Ibrox-stadium.jpg

Went out the back door there and the rain seems to have given way to wind , quite a warm wind for this time of year .

If it remains windy and the rain stays off , I’m more hopeful the game could be on

A timelapse of sand at beginning of video, grass growing throughout video, beautiful pitch at end of video. This was at the start of the season, I think. Small chance I'm wrong. Small.
You're correct, good video too, thanks for sharing.
Overseeing of already established turf is standard practice, especially in high wear areas.

Soil compaction
Lack of air movement around pitch
Shade, (yes we have UV lights)
Level of water table compared to level of pitch makes it really hard for groundsmen.
If seed was used I'd guess dwarf rye grass, comes with shade tolerance and high wear tolerance, you could also use SSMG

At you Michael Stewart?

Live relatively near the stadium and its all dried out outside my house with the wind overnight. I reckon if it stays like this over the next hour or so there's a good chance the game is on.

Live relatively near the stadium and its all dried out outside my house with the wind overnight. I reckon if it stays like this over the next hour or so there's a good chance the game is on.
Same im fairly confident game will be on today. No rain currently but still windy.

Perhaps it’s getting a wee bit petty now .

I think for what it’s worth the poster is ITK and worth listening to .
If you've 2 people arguing a point.
One says he can prove it, then makes a piss poor excuse.
He's told us he knows what seed we use, so how would telling us out himself?

Weather is to be better than forecasted yesterday, far less rain and more wind. Game should be fine to go ahead. The grass in my garden has dried out significantly. I'd like to think the pitch will have drained also.

Weather is to be better than forecasted yesterday, far less rain and more wind. Game should be fine to go ahead. The grass in my garden has dried out significantly. I'd like to think the pitch will have drained also.

Just walked on my own back grass , but spongey but has drained well since yesterday also .

Just let the dogs out and put my old football boots on to check the water on the grass in the bag garden, defo playable today were as yesterday tt wasn’t.

Game will defo be on at Ibrox today 100%.

There was a load of turf during the week at the side of the pitch, not anywhere near enough to relay the pitch, but perhaps being used to patch up the worst bits,Have said for years that there should be a part of the training ground used to grow decent quality grass and nobody allowed to play on it.
Like a nursery for our own pitch and when our pitch requires serious attention like now, it would only be a matter of lifting the turf into rolls and relaying the pitch at no cost,rather than buy the grass in.
You can get jailed for that

The pitch hasn't looked right all season.If you remember the 1st game on it in Europa qualifier back in July it was cutting up that night.
Sure it will be sorted as I've said on this thread we've had 1 of the best surfaces in Scotland for years especially in winter months sure the ground staff will get it sorted for next season.

Can't get my head around the "if required" part. If it goes ahead there has to surely be some kind of check.

Exactly.
24hrs after the pitch was unplayable surely it needs officially confirmed as ok before fans travel again.

I never noticed until the Aberdeen game how bad the pitch was this season. Hopefully it's on because trying to re-arrange this will be a bit of a nightmare with the St Johnstone game already being re-scheduled

Gutted I'll now not be able to go to the game as I always had plans for today. The Mrs will be raging as I watch on my phone on Rangers TV instead now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back