Match Thread Rangers 1 (Arfield) Livingston 0 FT

So pleased we got the result but I was having kittens near the end.
The offside goal being incorrectly ruled out made it a nervous few minutes
Lyndon Dykes was sharp. Three snap shots, the post and two on target as well as that header right near the end almost gave me heart failure....

It wasn’t pretty, it wasn’t exciting tbh a pretty shitty performance. Given the conditions I will take the three points. We are still misfiring very badly. Not looking forward to Thursday at all

If he is then I humbly and wholeheartedly apologise..

I thought same as you at first but he's talking about Refs.

Nice assist for Hagi, he really does have that bit of imagination we lack.
Thought Halliday played well.
McGregor was giving me the fear the last ten minutes thought he could have came out and collected a few balls from the defence but he left it to them.

Take the three points and run, those conditions were terrible.

In the last two games we have had two onside goals chalked off, another chalked off for a 'foul' that had no contact whatsoever and conceded a goal from an obvious handball in the build-up.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this is fucking ridiculous.

In the vast majority of games all the big wrong decisions in a game - are going against us. The vast majority - with also the vast majority of marginal decisions going against us also.

They are actively refusing to issue second yellows or straight reds to our opponents when it’s a 100% decision to do so. Their eyesight fails them for our opponents misdemeanours, but is razor sharp when it can harm us.

This is not a coincidence. This is a pattern of cheating, and bias.

Just back in, it was brutal, only a few can hold their heads up high. Some of our big players are letting the team don\win just now with their form.

More worryingly Gerrard can’t change the system

I'm thinking more of punishing the hammer throwers,For example the tackle on Goldson in the first half was as clear a straight red card as you'll see,I would have needed to have a better view of the off sides to be 100% one way or the other.
And the scything of young Hagi in the first half too.
Do you honestly think Morelos would have stayed on the park after either of these tackles?
That was a rhetorical question btw!

It wasn't the best we've played this season but given the conditions and how physical the opposition we're I'm happy with the three points. Hopefully we can go at Braga on thursday and cheer up some of the panty wetters on here.

3 points and we'll take it but just some context - we withdrew a £7,000,000 signing as he was ineffective and replaced him with a guy who wasnt always a starter at Hibernian - that's how poor some of our players are being at the moment!

And of course the obligatory big decisions wrong - the red card and goal chopped.

3 points today is all that matters.

This is it lads. 3 points are all that matter when our form has dived and our momentum has gone. It’ll return, we just need to keep trying to grind it ou til then. At some point the Tim’s will hit a bad spot and we need to be ready for that. The team need us with them just now.

- their player should've been sent off for his tackle on Goldson.
- other player should've had a second yellow for leaving one of Davis in the second half.
- potentially two goals disallowed that were actually onside.

Hard to contend with shit like that every other week.
'Hard to contend with shit like that every week.'

Fixed that for you.

Just back in from the game.Glad of the three points and yes it was another nervy ending.
With conditions as they were I don't think now's the time to be overly critical of the performance.

3 points and we'll take it but just some context - we withdrew a £7,000,000 signing as he was ineffective and replaced him with a guy who wasnt always a starter at Hibernian - that's how poor some of our players are being at the moment!

And of course the obligatory big decisions wrong - the red card and goal chopped.

Why on earth is Gerrard not at least highlighting some these decisions. Why the silence.

Why has our form dropped so drastically since the winter break? Has Gerrard lost the dressing room? From playing with lots of energy and exciting attacking football to pedestrian, nervous stuff, something's got to explain such a drop-off.

10 points behind with a game in hand.
2 games to play against the Donkeys.
Officially 1 point behind.
No problem!!!
They've got about 15-20 better goal difference which currently gives them another point.

We can't drop one point in the next 12 games.

Not one point can be dropped.

All I can see is "three points is all that matters" today and the last few weeks.

Apart from today they are romping it and scoring for fun.

Take off the blue specks

Just back in from the game.Glad of the three points and yes it was another nervy ending.
With conditions as they were I don't think now's the time to be overly critical of the performance.
I do think we can be critical, Livingston were playing in the same conditions an they mad us look ordinary, we almost blew it again. Too many players look as if they have chucked it. There is no mixing it up, subs are predictable and like for like.
Thought Kamberi did well when he came on and showed a bit.

They've got about 15-20 better goal difference which currently gives them another point.

We can't drop one point in the next 12 games.

Not one point can be dropped.

All I can see is "three points is all that matters" today and the last few weeks.

Apart from today they are romping it and scoring for fun.

Take off the blue specks
Celtic will drop points within the next 2 games guaranteed

That was a hard watch.Davis far too deep and Tav was piss poor.Kamberi done well when he come on.

Halliday is not a footballer, is a boy that got lucky to live the dream. in my day as a full back i would have been in before him. I did wipe out a certain Neil McCann in a few games

Flanagan had a poor game at Tynecastle, but now many games in Europe have you been disappointed with him?

Now post match and I’d have to say Halliday had a pretty decent game. Much as expected he got caught a couple of times defensively but he offered much, much more than Flanagan would have going forward. Unlucky not to score, superb save from the ‘keeper.

I re-iterate, neither are good enough but Halliday ahead of Flanagan was the correct choice today. You called it wrong.

Scary that Kamberi was far better than Kent

very worrying
I don`t care how bad Kent is playing you don`t take him off for a non core player I`d play him blindfolded first.

Here`s the deal,the team that starts if all players are fit and suspension free,is Greegsy,Tav,Goldson,Katic/Helander,Barisisc,Davis,Jack,Kamara,Hagi,Morelos and Kent

Deviate from that equates to throwing the towel in the league.

The team that were robbed by Celtic (and officials) in the cup final are still there.
The team that thumped Celtic and a referee last time are still there.
I see nothing to worry about other than treating lesser teams with respect and PROPERLY defending against them!

I do think we can be critical, Livingston were playing in the same conditions an they mad us look ordinary, we almost blew it again. Too many players look as if they have chucked it. There is no mixing it up, subs are predictable and like for like.
Thought Kamberi did well when he came on and showed a bit.

Your last two sentences make no sense.

Now post match and I’d have to say Halliday had a pretty decent game. Much as expected he got caught a couple of times defensively but he offered much, much more than Flanagan would have going forward. Unlucky not to score, superb save from the ‘keeper.

I re-iterate, neither are good enough but Halliday ahead of Flanagan was the correct choice today. You called it wrong.
You cannot say he was the correct decision mate. As Flanagan was never given the chance. For you to think he had a good game is your opinion. I reserve my thoughts on that. Halliday like the Morelos sitter made the goalkeeper look good.. Should have been two goals.. absolute sitters mate

You cannot say he was the correct decision mate. As Flanagan was never given the chance. For you to think he had a good game is your opinion. I reserve my thoughts on that. Halliday like the Morelos sitter made the goalkeeper look good.. Should have been two goals.. absolute sitters mate

You either need better glasses - or fewer beers mate.;):)

Substitutions were a joke - 83 and 87 minutes when changes were needed before.

We have zero width in the team since Gerard fell out with all our wide players. Our full backs have no one to play with. Kent is totally out of the little form he had.

Davies is getting deeper every game and as one of our few quality players that's a worry.

Greg Stewart showed more in 3 minutes than a few did in 90 minutes

Miss the one on 55??

I don`t care how bad Kent is playing you don`t take him off for a non core player I`d play him blindfolded first.

Here`s the deal,the team that starts if all players are fit and suspension free,is Greegsy,Tav,Goldson,Katic/Helander,Barisisc,Davis,Jack,Kamara,Hagi,Morelos and Kent

If a player is not playing well, especially an attacking one when we need a goal, then get him off regardless of who he is. Just because an "inferior" player replaces him is no guarantee he wont be able to provide something better.

Kent isn't quite in the category of players that are so good they can always produce something even during their worst games.

Substitutions were a joke - 83 and 87 minutes when changes were needed before.

We have zero width in the team since Gerard fell out with all our wide players. Our full backs have no one to play with. Kent is totally out of the little form he had.

Davies is getting deeper every game and as one of our few quality players that's a worry.

Greg Stewart showed more in 3 minutes than a few did in 90 minutes
Who has the manager fallen out with? Can you explain?

In other words, the team have shipped points for fun since the winter break. Fantastic idea. Kent needs dropped, he's been useless for weeks. He's not the only one. Kamberi and Stewart can offer more.

Back