The SLO

See reading this guys twitter, how much would you need paid to do his job?
All joking aside I am not sure 100k per annum would make me want it.
He gets the blame of everything from lack of away tickets, car parking, travel club issues, quality of pies, Woolworth's shutting and storm Dennis.

Best thing he can do is come of twitter
It’s full of absalute plums

Greg has always been decent and helpful any time I’ve dealt with him.
I simply would not take his job,folk seem to think he works 24/7 and he gets
abuse much of which is unnecessary.

The amount of ticketing queries @Greg Marshall receives is unreal.

The Club need to up their game and have an official ticket office social media account to deal with these queries, I’m sure Greg agrees with me on that?

Hardly going to make a difference when there’s only 3/4 ticket office staff who have any idea what’s going on; they’re hardly going to have time to be replying on twitter on a daily basis.

I would imagine his Twitter feed is like being on here..
Full of fans of rasellik trying to cause annoyance and trouble.
Never had to deal with the gentleman in question, but those I know who have, say he has been polite and helpful.

I'm not sure what actually qualified him for the position other than his dad owning a Rangers pub. That being said, he seems good at it.

A really decent guy been helpful whenever I’ve spoken to him, he gave me and a few pals a lift back from forthbank when rangers youth played Falkirk in the irn bru cup last year.

Any time i’ve contacted him on social media he usually doesn’t reply or takes days to reply

So he has replied to you then?

That would make him better at replying than a brick wall I would say.

Have you never considered the thousands and thousands of notifications he must get through Twitter, and how it may be very easy to miss the odd couple of notifications?

I don't think it would take too much understanding to see that answering people's tweets alone would be a full time job for a couple of people at least.

I have seen people tweet him wanting answers about things on Christmas Day ffs.

Seen the SLO helping guys getting their flag into hampden when the stewards were being knobs. Hard shift pleasing everyone.

See reading this guys twitter, how much would you need paid to do his job?
All joking aside I am not sure 100k per annum would make me want it.
He gets the blame of everything from lack of away tickets, car parking, travel club issues, quality of pies, Woolworth's shutting and storm Dennis.

Hi Greg

So he has replied to you then?

That would make him better at replying than a brick wall I would say.

Have you never considered the thousands and thousands of notifications he must get through Twitter, and how it may be very easy to miss the odd couple of notifications?

I don't think it would take too much understanding to see that answering people's tweets alone would be a full time job for a couple of people at least.

I have seen people tweet him wanting answers about things on Christmas Day ffs.
Well done columbo

I'm not sure what actually qualified him for the position other than his dad owning a Rangers pub. That being said, he seems good at it.

I think someone more experienced was the first pick and for some reason he pulled out could be wrong but that's what I was told.

Alot of people think he should be available 24/7. His wages are nowhere near 100k a year either. Take 35 to 40 k of that.

There is a high proportion of our support that are absolute wallopers who complain about everything and anyone! Fair play to the SLO putting up with that s**t! I even read people complaining about Arfield the other day ffs and he is in great form! Absolute mentalists, those Rangers facebook pages make this place look sensible ffs!!

Same all over social media for any customer service accounts. Full of self entitled roasters who go mental when their problem isn’t resolved immediately and are abusive. A thankless task. Internet providers seem to attract the worst.

I am actually the complete opposite, I would hate to work for the club. It is my release away from work and something that makes me forget everything, something I treasure with my boy and would hate work to get in the way of that.
Too much of a mix, and depending what kind of level you worked at you may face making decisions that require to be made by the head as opposed to the heart. End of the day it's a business and hard decisions need made.

I personally would jump at the chance to work within Rangers in an interesting role, but can completely see where you are coming from too.

If things didn’t go well or you didnt agree with things you could end up scunnered and resentful against something that has brought so many positive and happiness.

Its a poisoned chalice, jim hannah got some amount of a use on here also and greig will be no differant.. you just cannot please everyone..
I do think there should be more interaction between the club and fans tbh.

Last edited:
Can i add, i think the job should have been retired when mr hannah retired, a bit like the commissioner was when he retired...
I would love to know the slo job description.. thats not a dig, its just ive heard from many that there is no middle man between fans and the club.. think there a lot the slo cant discuss

I like Greg

He’s been helpful and fair in any dealings I’ve had with him

Also on a hiding to nothing, we have what? 46,000 season ticket holders, One SLO - his work load must be massive :eek:

When people don’t get their own way / their desired outcome some of them are way too quick to shoot the messenger.

An SLO is supposed to communicate the concerns of the supporters to the Board. We’ve been waiting nearly 3 years for news about Safe Standing and there’s still no “update”...

I don't think there has been a single employee in the history of Rangers that hasn't had abuse or criticism from the supporters at one point. Apart from maybe Jimmy Bell.

Goes with the territory I suppose.

same with anyone that works in the travel club or ticket office they are just trying to do a job to the best of there ability. any time I have had any dealings with any of the above they are excellent.

Greg is a really nice guy, I worked with him on the RF project for many months and I found him, genuine guy. I can see why RFC hired him. During my time with RF he always came across as someone who looked at peoples point of view from both sides.

Back