Morelos was brilliant tonight

Think that comeback has clouded some people’s vision of the performances tonight...

Don’t think any player was Brilliant tonight despite the 20 minute blitz after Hagi’s first

Yet another pointless booking for petulance and missed 2 sitters

Worked hard , gave them a torrid time, but low on confidence when shooting , over thinking ..,.. Stupid booking , and FFS stop the diving. Still love him tho. ...What a game

Wonder if Kamberi will get a start at the weekend if he is going to play in the away game next Wednesday.

One bit of luck and he’s back in the game
Cannot fault his effort
He gets the rough end of the stick almost every game he plays

He worked very hard tonight but things just didn’t fall his way.
A couple of goals will set him back on track and massively boost his confidence.

Wonder if Kamberi will get a start at the weekend if he is going to play in the away game next Wednesday.
I don't think he will - we can't take the chance of him getting injured and going to Portugal next week without a recognised striker.

Always works hard but clearly not his night. We will miss him in Portugal though. He's perfect for away performances.

It was Hagi's night!

Was a strange performance, thought he done very well other than getting the goal, had the chances but between good goalkeeping and maybe lack of confidence in his own finishing just didn't seem to happen. Would probably be a 9 if one of his chances went in but maybe only a 7 because they didn't. Hopefully he just needs one to go in to get him back to previous goalscoring forn

Thought he was really poor. Missed at least 3 good chances, failed to convert 2 opportunities into chances. Mostly in first half.
Booked for shouting directly at the ref.
Needs to up his game.
Needs to learn to chip an oncoming keeper, instead of just lashing it.
Couple of dives tonight, I wasn’t impressed with either. No wonder the pitch is buggered.

Needs to learn to chip an oncoming keeper, instead of just lashing it.
Couple of dives tonight, I wasn’t impressed with either. No wonder the pitch is buggered.

His composure when 1 on 1 is surprisingly poor for a striker who scores as many goals as he does.

Very often makes the wrong decision.

Absolutely honking first half. Very good second half, worked his arse off despite things not going for him in front of goal and what’s important is he always kept the defenders on their toes. His yellow card however was infuriating and to be honest he deserves to be reprimanded for it. I know it’s not going for him in front of goal but that’s just now him letting his temperament go backwards again.

I do think one or two posters are just a little bit too eager to tear him down now, the groaning at the end when he lost the ball? I’ll tell you right now if Morelos and Kamberi switched roles there Morelos would be getting dogs abuse for being a “greedy selfish bastard”, unfortunately he still copped the blame despite it being Kamberi’s fault for prioritising a goal for himself over rolling the ball to Morelos for a chance at a close range finish. Irony being one of the chief culprits is a self proclaimed expert on football.

Needs to find form again fast although not was highly encouraging to see Hagi do what few of the rest of them will do, step up and take responsibility. But but guys like Kamara and Kent have A LOT to answer for, especially Kent, I’ve forgotten what it’s like to see him beat a man, apparently Katic is a more adept dribbler now.

I thought he looked sharper, his movement and strength were good. His link play was good considering he was playing with scraps for the first half

His finishing was that of a guy who was short of confidence - solid strikes but he was just focused on hitting it on target rather than showing the composure to slot it in the corner.

That said I thought he was a little unlucky with the one second half where he's so close to the keeper it's really just luck if he saves it or it goes through him.

I think the off field stuff has effected him and it’s been showing recently but the wee man before the winter break has been outstanding I think we should be playing 2 up top every game now it will help him.

Thought he put in a decent shift, he should be scoring from 2 yards, reminded me of the old firm where he hit the post with an open goal.

A few late, I won't say dives, but going down easy, risking a second yellow

Rubbish. He was so close to the keeper it would have been impossible for him to score first time. His legs got fankled when the ball broke out and he couldn't reach it. I never saw anything that could have been construed as a dive or him going down easily.

Very unlucky tonight with his chances ( keeper made some good saves) maybe kamberi as lone striker drawing defenders could work aswell

Wouldn't say he was brilliant and as a striker you might have expected him to take at least one of the chances in the first half. Having said that he's still a presence up front and shoe on the other foot if he hadn't been playing I think we'd definitely have missed him.

Rubbish. He was so close to the keeper it would have been impossible for him to score first time. His legs got fankled when the ball broke out and he couldn't reach it. I never saw anything that could have been construed as a dive or him going down easily.
There were two

I'm sorry but no he was not. Our main striker needs to put at least 1 of those chances away. And again a cheap suspension.

I said on another thread that I saw Jim Forrest, yes that Jim Forrest the record holder before Ally, miss chance after chance when put through in European games. Sometimes you have to give the keeper credit for making the saves.

I don't think he deserved to be booked but that's not what I want this thread to be about. But of course we will miss him next week.

Yes, he didn't score tonight and he had a few chances, but on other nights those will go in. He's back on form for me.

That aside, he bossed their back line, took up great positions, pulled them all over the place and put in a great shift.

Agree? Disagree?
I agree he was great, but his booking was deserved imo. You simply just can’t show any dissent in this day and age and especially with these European refs. They are all turning up to games blind to each individual players tendencies and applying the laws of the game in black and white in hopes of getting advanced by UEFA.

Disagree.
He needs a boot in the balls. Not been himself for months now.

I agree with him not being himself...

However he did score 3 goals in 3 games recently. Its not his fault the ref chopped off two.

3 in 3 is a good return.

But still agree with your point.

Thought he worked his arse off tonight, needs a goal and he’ll be flying again
He certainly ran himself into the ground.
It was a daft booking and he really has to cut this out, but anyone who thinks we won't miss him over there is nuts.
He was the very essence of an out ball tonight, and quite honestly Alfie now has a player in Hagi who can spot his movement in the dark.

He's working hard and causing problems but it's just not clicking for him. He will get through this spell and get back to what he does best soon.

It's not just about sniffing between the goals as much as getting past the keeper...that's how you know the way to a goal. One on one you aim to just get b y the keeper and that's it. Alfredo hit everything towards the keeper and could have conceivably scored 3 goals. The one on the line looked a bit shocking mind you but the keeper got extremely lucky there.

I said on another thread that I saw Jim Forrest, yes that Jim Forrest the record holder before Ally, miss chance after chance when put through in European games. Sometimes you have to give the keeper credit for making the saves.
Yeah sometimes but when your 2 yards our you've got to score add that to missing two one v ones not going to get on Alfie's back but that is not my definition of outstanding.

I think we need to differentiate between being brilliant and working hard..
He certainly did the latter but he is still a long way off from being brilliant as he was last year.
Hopefully not far away though.

Alfie put in another tireless shift. He was chasing and harrying when some of his team mates weren’t in that first half.

He was getting balls launched up to him in a hit and hope fashion, so his supply was piss poor.

Should have buried his one on one though. But his supporting players stepped up at the end though which is what we have been crying for. If Alfie isn’t banging the goals in, then the midfield is.

He did ok. But he looks a bit overweight to me. Hes also bang out of confidence infront of goal.

Thought he was good but he is lacking confidence. A confident Alfie would have put those chances away.

As for his yellow card. Technically by the rules but very rarely see that in Euro football. If that had been a bigger team the ref would have been getting pelters. Very harsh and puts him out of the next game. Still, I think we'll be OK up front with perhaps Kamberi stepping in for him - regardless of that Kamberi deserves a start. Should replace Kent on Sunday perhaps?

A shadow of the player who was tearing it up before New Year. Booking was madness and he should be fined for that.

I’m sorry mate I’m absolutely euphoric right now but he was shocking tonight missed 3 great chances and blew two chances to get Kent in. His hold up play was non existent got a booking for dissent resulting in a suspension he was lucky not to be taken off.

He got a chance near the end got the ball stuck under his feet and just chucked it another player who was five yards further away chased the ball down and he just stood there he is frustrating the life out me and everyone I know just now.

Back