Is Michael Beale over hyped

Yankeeger

Beale is apparently the best thing since slice bread on coaching he’s the go to man at Rangers for formations and tactics

here’s his CV which isn’t jumping out as someone who should be in such an important position at first team level

First Team Coach
Michael Beale joins Rangers having previously been at the LFC Academy as the head of coaching for their foundation phase since September 2017.

Beale had previously spent more than four years at the Reds’ youth base in Kirkby, latterly as the manager of the club’s under-23 team.

In December 2016, he decided to take on a new challenge and project as the assistant manager of Sao Paulo in Brazil but he returned to the LFC Academy nine months later.

Beale started his career at Chelsea, who hired him part-time in 2002, and after ten years rising through the Blues’ youth coaching ranks he moved to Liverpool, initially to manage their under-16 side.

I think we sometimes forget who we are playing against, the majority of teams in our league are pish we dont need 2 number 10s and 2 defensive midfielders, sometimes we need to get the ball forward quicker and get men in and around the opposition box
It's not always going to be pretty but against weaker teams we need to be more ruthless and pressure them because they cant cope
We don't have Liverpools squad

I think we sometimes forget who we are playing against, the majority of teams in our league are pish we dont need 2 number 10s and 2 defensive midfielders, sometimes we need to get the ball forward quicker and get men in and around the opposition box
It's not always going to be pretty but against weaker teams we need to be more ruthless and pressure them because they cant cope
Think this is part of the problem aswell..

When we play good teams ie Europe, we're normally set up perfectly.

Regardless someone who's supposed to be a master tactician should have a different tactic to beat 10 men behind the ball. Not only those who actually play attacking football.

It's as if we play to the opposition's stength, at least domestically. What are SPL teams good at? Generally, they are good at being organised and disciplined defensively. They lack for pace, because any player with pace is out of their transfer fee and wage bracket. So why do we play at walking pace with loads of sideway passes!?

You don't remember Warburton tactics then,flooding forward and then skelped on the counter that many times it was unreal.

You don't remember Warburton tactics then,flooding forward and then skelped on the counter that many times it was unreal.

We are just a Warburton team with a better defence. I know that today that wasn't true, but over the course it is.

False ten, and inverted wingers, are absolutely bullshit.

But it's categorically not too late for them to coach squad towards aiming to win THIS league we actually play in.

Everything and everyone is being questioned after our post break collapse. As it should be.

He’s as well as being the manager.

Gerrard sounds like a bit of a numbskull in interviews and today again was sitting with his hands in his pockets while Beale changed it up.

Gerrard is basically the face of what Beale implements.
So why didn't Beale make or suggest any changes ie Katic off at half time and whose brilliant idea was it to sub Alfie and Hagi just when we were getting on top of them mainly thanks to Kamberi

Cracking coach at youth level. Rangers aren't youth level though.

Doesn't have to over complicate roles as often as he does. We play in Scotland, not La Liga or in the English Premiership with a Champions League winning squad.

We are trying to build and operate a Ferrari to compete and win a stock car race.

It’s great in Europe, but limits us domestically.

Stop over complicating matches against SPL shite, take the shackles off and let the players loose.
Correct , at times play two up top, knock the ball direct and hem teams in and we will create chances.

The vast majority of people within the support won’t have any idea what Beale or the rest of the coaching staff do or how they implement their ideas.

He’ll have plenty of input but obviously Gerrard will have the final say.

It’s a bit of a redundant question imo.

The elation of Thursday is soon forgotten.

Because we've put in yet another shit performance, dropped more points and fallen further behind in the league whilst carrying out the same old pish time and time again.

We've barely kicked a ball since the 29th December. Performances in the last 10 games have been brutal bar 30 minutes against Braga, 30 minutes at home to Livingston and a spell in the 2nd half today.

The fans are frustrated and rightfully so.

Is Scottish football so unique?

Surely in most leagues, where one or two teams dominate, then the also rans will be full of low blocks as well as all sorts of dark arts.

They might not have our levels of corruption but there will still be plenty of obstacles.

Beale is clearly well regarded but the posters who accuse SG and Beale as being wedded to a philosophy are spot on.

Even Warburton changed it up to combat Hearts and the sheep at home.

Our coaches are a level above Warburton but perhaps equally as naive?

Some people seem to think he’s some sort of genius because that footballstewart account talks about him as if he’s the next big thing in world football

He’s also the same guy who thought Jason Naismith was the best RB in Scottish football and Greg Docherty was better than John McGinn

Think we need more fluidity of formations and shape. Sticking to a 4-3-3 relentlessly even though the opposition have checkmated your plan one is just plain stupid and naive. Since training during the season is more about rest and recovery rather than hitting the gym, shouldn't different formations, tactics be explored in the training ground.

We are trying to build and operate a Ferrari to compete and win a stock car race.

Stop over complicating matches against SPL shite, take the shackles off and let the players loose.

Wow what an analogy. You’re righ / we’re trying to play perfect football which is nearly impossible against these teams that sit in and on some of the shite pitches.

In theory you think it should work but it’s not as simple as that

I know he has a lot of input with the team . Anyway might be a bit old fashioned but to me just to much put into tactics. Yes must have a system and right type of players to fit the system. Making a change you see them with the iPad showing players what the want ffs they train all week and normally its one for one not changing the system. I realise some players not got a lot up top but come on . End of the day it’s 11 against 11.

The elation of Thursday is soon forgotten.
is that not the point - the recovery and elation
Think we need more fluidity of formations and shape. Sticking to a 4-3-3 relentlessly even though the opposition have checkmated your plan one is just plain stupid and naive. Since training during the season is more about rest and recovery rather than hitting the gym, shouldn't different formations, tactics be explored in the training ground.
THIS!!!

Here’s how I see it.

We are trying to be over technical in our league (this two Number 10s etc). We can make it more simple and probably win these games as well. This is why when we play in Europe and implement the same tactics we managed to at times beat teams that are our level or better.

I could be absolutely wrong here though.

I stated the same in a previous thread today. Couldn't agree more. Screw possession. Have a go. For 90 mins. If we lose the ball, go win it back.

No need for trying what we are trying in Scotland.

Reactions: cav
For all those who have decided they don't like 'this two number 10s' - I take it your alternative is get two out and out wingers and a big lump of a centre forward up top?
Then, just 'get it in the mixer ffs'?

Why spend a fortune on SG and Co anyway, I'm sure Alex Dyer would come for a fraction of the cost.

For all those who have decided they don't like 'this two number 10s' - I take it your alternative is get two out and out wingers and a big lump of a centre forward up top?
Then, just 'get it in the mixer ffs'?

Why spend a fortune on SG and Co anyway, I'm sure Alex Dyer would come for a fraction of the cost.

Actually, a bit of tactical flexibility wouldn't go amiss.

It's clearly the biggest difference between the two dugouts in Glasgow.

It's great to talk about "philosophy" when youre Barcelona or Liverpool. When you play in Scotland though, if you lack pragmatism you're not going to win anything. When our system has worked, it's worked well. But you have to change it when it doesn't.

He’s as well as being the manager.

Gerrard sounds like a bit of a numbskull in interviews and today again was sitting with his hands in his pockets while Beale changed it up.

Gerrard is basically the face of what Beale implements.
Absolute nonsense

Latest posts

Back