If we qualify on Wednesday

CupGoalie

Can we win the Europa League?

I'll likely get peters for this but I don't see why not. Thursday showed that with Ibrox rocking and everyone pulling together, we can get a result against anyone. I know it's different times and different teams but if ba team with Broad foot, Dailly and McCulloch can reach a European final there's no reason why this team can't.

Please don't let this descend into player/manager bashing. If you don't think so, a simple no will suffice

I would say no . I would also say that as well ( we were amazing ) as we did to come back and win 3-2 Braga clearly couldn’t handle the pressure and surrendered . In my opinion if we qualify by some miracle the next round will be a severe lesson to us . To sum up not a chance will we win it

Can we win the Europa League?

I'll likely get peters for this but I don't see why not. Thursday showed that with Ibrox rocking and everyone pulling together, we can get a result against anyone. I know it's different times and different teams but if ba team with Broad foot, Dailly and McCulloch can reach a European final there's no reason why this team can't.

Please don't let this descend into player/manager bashing. If you don't think so, a simple no will suffice
But that takes the fun out of these threads.

No. I think we will more than likely go out on Wednesday. We are awful at the moment and a 20 minute collapse from a team that should have been about 6 up against us last week isn’t going to raise my expectation levels.

Can I say absolutely not and will be astonished if we get by wed despite the last 20 mins against them last week.

Think all Euro comps may be abandoned this year in next few weeks due to CoronaVirus - seriously.

If not then it’s possible with a massive slice of luck that we could win it - your comparison with 2008 is valid - but very unlikely.

If we get through, which is still a big ask, and got a favourable tie, I could see us making the last 8.

But with the likes of wolves, Roma, arsenal, inter and man u still in it, it'd be one hell of a task to make it much further than that.

None of the sides left in it are terrifying, that’s about the best you could say for our chances.

Inter Milan is probably one to avoid, don’t fancy our defence up against Lukaku and co.

The other big league teams are not having great seasons.

I admire the optimism but I don’t hold out hope. Would like to think we will get to the next round though. Hard to think that far ahead given our recent form though.

I think it’s very doable but the next round might be a step too far right enough.
I watched quite a bit of there game last night and despite making 8 changes from our game still played great football going forward and carved out many chances. They were still suspect from that ball over the top and Setubal scored that way and had one marginally ruled out by var. We will have to put away any chance we get because I'm sure they will get quite a few.

I do see the reason for optimism given who's left in it, but a lot of those teams are definitely another step above Braga and given how we're playing, I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet over there.

Its been a great run though again this season.

Tin hat on here...but I'm convinced some of these nonsensical threads..."calm doon - we can still win the league" and "can we win the Europa league?" are just mentally challengeds on the wind up.

It's salt in wounds stuff....

Tin hat right stuff right enough. Braga are a side good enough to win this competition, and in fact it's only a few years since they did. If we make it through on the back of Thursday I don't think a single team will want to come to Ibrox

In a nutshell no. Braga were probably the easiest draw we could have got.

They were seeded though, and they were probably the team we'd have wanted most from what we could have had, although that's not to say they're a shite team. After this round it's a free-for-all; we could end up with a tough draw, or someone much easier.

:rolleyes:

Aye a team who is storming up the Portuguese league and just beat Porto in a cup final. Much easier than the likes of espanyol who are currently rooted to the bottom of la liga

They were mid-table at the time of the draw and didn't look like going anywhere. It's since December that they've turned a corner and put some decent results together.

We have absolutely no chance of winning the Europa league. Back in 2008 we didn’t concede goals that how we kept qualifying . This team can’t keep clean sheets against the best teams

Tin hat right stuff right enough. Braga are a side good enough to win this competition, and in fact it's only a few years since they did. If we make it through on the back of Thursday I don't think a single team will want to come to Ibrox

You genuinely think it's not absurd to consider winning the Europa league?

This is manna from heaven for mentally challengeds stuff...this is the stuff that would have them laughing in the aisles.

And lets be honest, by the time we got to the last 8 or so, we'd certainly be the weakest team in it. And you're making out that us beating Braga sends shockwaves round Europe.

No chance will be astounded if we get through to the next round,

It would be unbelievable to win it but I just can't see it so much quality left in the competition

Not a chance.

We were howling against Braga for an hour and should have been dead and buried.

The comeback was stirring and one of the best European nights I’ve ever had watching Rangers, but a better side than Braga will make mincemeat out of us unless we suddenly rediscover our mojo.

It will be a lot harder than 2008 because of the Champions League place. Big clubs especially the English hardly bothered in the past but they do now.

Think all Euro comps may be abandoned this year in next few weeks due to CoronaVirus - seriously.

If not then it’s possible with a massive slice of luck that we could win it - your comparison with 2008 is valid - but very unlikely.

If they are going ahead with the Tokyo Olympics it seems unlikely European football competitions will be cancelled :)

They beat Wolves home and away even when they weren't doing well domestically, best attacking side I've seen at Ibrox for years.
They are a good team i'm not debating that, but the reactions to the draw were due to their form at the time which wasn't great. Polar opposite from us really who were doing much better then.

That's more of a poet scenario than ours.

After that shambles yesterday we have no chance of doing that

We will be lucky to get past Braga on Wednesday

The CB’s yesterday were pathetic and Katic should have been subbed at HT after his shocker of a 1st half. His head was gone and you could totally see it

Hahahahaha!

Not a hope in hell. We’ll more than likely get an absolute pumping on Wednesday but even assuming we don’t, there’s no chance we’re winning the Europa League.

After that shambles yesterday we have no chance of doing that

We will be lucky to get past Braga on Wednesday

The CB’s yesterday were pathetic and Katic should have been subbed at HT after his shocker of a 1st half. His head was gone and you could totally see it
We will not qualify.

No, we simply are nowhere near as good as a lot of the teams still in it

Yes we could, with a bit of luck and some effort we could. Many teams in the tourney have been blowing hot and cold.
focus one game at a time.

Back