Aberdeen face losing up to £5M and are "fighting for their future" as Coronavirus crisis deepens

Here's a thought.
Season NOT declared null and void.
Abersheep go burst.

Points won against them deducted cos their ( yes really ) deid.
Pretty sure the dhims have a full set against them. What about us....

I agree, but as per what I mentioned, I don’t see how it will majorly impact us as most of our cash is already provided via season tickets? Or are you worried about next season not happening?

We budget for season ticket monies coming in from late April/May onwards.

So we have the uncertainty regarding when or if we can sell season tickets, little other income, trade payables probably due and final payments to us being withheld by SPL AND UEFA until they know what is to happen with their competitions.

With a bank account heading to nearer £0, probably a lot sooner than most of us here think, and with a wage bill at £3m per month, you don't see how it need majorly impact us?

Here's a thought.
Abersheep go burst.

We would be -5, Papes -9

We budget for season ticket monies coming in from late April/May onwards.

So we have the uncertainty regarding when or if we can sell season tickets, little other income, trade payables probably due and final payments to us being withheld by SPL AND UEFA until they know what is to happen with their competitions.

With a bank account heading to nearer £0, probably a lot sooner than most of us here think, and with a wage bill at £3m per month, you don't see how it need majorly impact us?

If that’s the case the whole league goes under.

Does this mean that there is a better chance of the remaining games actually being played rather than just hand the lowlifes the league title?
If other clubs are desperate for an income they may vote for the games to be played rather than just vote for the season to end as is.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind these clubs suffering, but it could also be to our advantage.
They might get their games. Then shut the effin stands down to away support. You reap what you sew. And too many of them have been sewing in our direction for too long. Talk about short sighted. They are Donald Ducked

Look. I know this Covid-19 pandemic is genuinely serious and lives are truly at stake, but is it wrong of me to say?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaaaaa

They are the only club in the shitty of Aberdeen, so they will survive. Probably a bit of publicity before the claim the government for the £2,500 per month for salaries, which would probably cover their wage bill without any of them taking a pay cut.

Look. I know this Covid-19 pandemic is genuinely serious and lives are truly at stake, but is it wrong of me to say?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaaaaa

Not wrong at all mate!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaaaaa!:D

Like most (all) on here I don’t like Aberdeen. I don’t appreciate their bitter hatred of our club, their continual abuse of Durrant and their desire to see Rangers die. In fact I despise them. But that’s football rivalry and city rivalry. These are different times. Unprecedented times. We, Rangers, like other clubs, are going to struggle financially with this corona virus challenge. It will likely last months. We need to survive and we need other clubs to survive or we won’t have a league to play in. It’s that simple. So, much though one side of my brain would love to see the sheep dissolve and disappear, the other side of my brain (the more pragmatic one) does not want this. It’s self defeating. Perhaps carnage in football will see leagues restructured but honestly, if it gets like that it means other things have got far worse and I really can’t be cheering at that.

Much as I don’t like them, and might even a couple of weeks ago have shared the sentiment expressed by many on here, I confess that I take no pleasure in seeing anyone suffer at the moment. This Coronavirus is absolutely awful - for the health and lives of so many and for the jobs and prosperity of so many people in our country.

This confessing pish sounds a bit romanist.

Like most (all) on here I don’t like Aberdeen. I don’t appreciate their bitter hatred of our club, their continual abuse of Durrant and their desire to see Rangers die. In fact I despise them. But that’s football rivalry and city rivalry. These are different times. Unprecedented times. We, Rangers, like other clubs, are going to struggle financially with this corona virus challenge. It will likely last months. We need to survive and we need other clubs to survive or we won’t have a league to play in. It’s that simple. So, much though one side of my brain would love to see the sheep dissolve and disappear, the other side of my brain (the more pragmatic one) does not want this. It’s self defeating. Perhaps carnage in football will see leagues restructured but honestly, if it gets like that it means other things have got far worse and I really can’t be cheering at that.

I'm sorry I still want them to die. The sooner the better.

Here's a thought.
Abersheep go burst.

Aberdeen and Hearts and we'd be level with the filth :))

Surely the only hope these clubs have insurance if the league is declared null and void...
That's assuming there is an insurance company with finds left to pay them and there is no Act of God get out clause.

How much have they wasted on this new ground carry on over last 5 years. Should of just tidied up that mess they had maybe had bit more cash in bank.

No club in Scotland can go 3+ months like this and not feel the effects. It’s a hard time for everyone.

How much have they wasted on this new ground carry on over last 5 years. Should of just tidied up that mess they had maybe had bit more cash in bank.

You should have been in there with your sage advice and could have set their minds at rest.

Aberdeens new team bus arrives at Porkhead
giphy-downsized.gif

Oh well what a shame. Most if not all clubs in Scotland are going to struggle in the next few months, but I’m not going to be dishing out much sympathy to others after the crap we went through.

Once this is over, whenever that may be, there will be a whole new landscape in football as in other businesses, and probably society in general.

We have shown that we can rise again after a huge hit. I don’t believe that many other teams in Scotland will be able to do so, Aberdeen included. If this lasts a while there will be casualties also in England.

is it now that far fetched to think there may be a future where the ‘survivors’ in Scotland are able to join the English League ?

As far as Aberdeen are concerned, that club and their fans hate us so much that I fail to grasp how any on here can have even the slightest of sympathy for them at this moment in time. F*c* them.

Once this is over, whenever that may be, there will be a whole new landscape in football as in other businesses, and probably society in general.

We have shown that we can rise again after a huge hit. I don’t believe that many other teams in Scotland will be able to do so, Aberdeen included. If this lasts a while there will be casualties also in England.

is it now that far fetched to think there may be a future where the ‘survivors’ in Scotland are able to join the English League ?

As far as Aberdeen are concerned, that club and their fans hate us so much that I fail to grasp how any on here can have even the slightest of sympathy for them at this moment in time. F*c* them.

Yes and Robertson should be on the front foot by whenever possible willing to meet the FA and EFL and the PL

Scottish football is going to be interesting when all this is over.

38 games of Rangers v celtic as all the other clubs have gone to the wall. I can't wait.

I’ll laugh like hell when, and only when, we get through this unscathed.

In a business like football you win as long as you come out least scathed.

I’d happily see the club endure a bit of fiscal pain if it meant the scum ended up in the jobbíes.

It would ultimately strengthen Rangers hand (domestically ).

Scottish football is going to be interesting when all this is over.

38 games of Rangers v celtic as all the other clubs have gone to the wall. I can't wait.
As there is a precedent if sporting integrity has been observed, I'm sure they will be happy.

Back