When larsson was poor

The european final the earlier poster wrote about when he changed the game against arsenal, sticks in my mind.

Had arsenal down to win 1-0 and it was looking good till he came on. Remember thinking that this feckers still haunting me. Nearly got to the paranoid state of thinking it was personal.
[/QUOTE
Lehmann got sent off early didn’t he?

he was a great player, the fact that he came on as a sub for Barcelona and turned around a final against a good arsenal side confirms that.

He also scored one of the best headers i have seen in Euro 2004 against Bulgaria:

that was a peach of a goal.

I’m not one of these fans scared to admit he was a phenomenal player, but really? I wouldn’t say that header was anything too special personally.

Never scored in the 2002scf, 2003 lcf, 1998 scsf, 99 scf anymore, ???

He did score in the 2003 League Cup final.

He also put us out the League Cup in 2001 with a double and put us out the Scottish Cup in his final season.

Think its you that's had a stinker here OP :))

Larsson scored plenty against us.

The Martian was an excellent player , especially in the air for his size

Had a poor cup final that’s true - but wish we’d signed him

He'd have looked even better in that Rangers side.

The one footballer in what was otherwise a team of cloggers playing for set pieces.

Had he been playing in that Rangers team we'd have been a genuine force to fear in Europe.
Exactly right, I've always said that

He was a diving cûnt but he was a top player and gave us a hard time on plenty of occasions.

Also one of the few in MONs team who wasn’t a big horrible dirty bastard on the pitch.

It's weird but luck plays a huge part in football. Barnes was unlucky. Larsson broke his leg. ICT happened and Barnes was sacked. O'Neill took over and Larsson came back firing on all cylinders. Inheriting Larsson and Moravcic made Wibbles managerial career.

He stunk the place out, not just in the 2002 scf but in other games against us apart from the 6-2 game he never did anything against us to merit his overblown hype, always seemed to struggle against us, unless my memory is on the slide.
Your memory is in the slide.

Henry described as over rated
Larsson not that good and poor

I swear some people on here must have never seen a game of football in their life

It is just getting ridiculous now I expect Gazza and Laudrup to be described as duds now.

Never scored in the 2002scf, 2003 lcf, 1998 scsf, 99 scf anymore, ???

You’re at it now. He scored against us in the 2003 LCF, just after coming back from a jaw break. He also put us to the sword the season before in the LCSF by scoring twice. He also scored many goals for them at crucial times in old firm games that either levelled them or put them in the lead.

I’m now away to bathe in bleach for defending the Martian.

Think its you that's had a stinker here OP :))

Larsson scored plenty against us.

I think he’s realising he’s made a tit of himself and is now posting more absurd guff to make it seem like it was a joke all along. Got to admire the valiant effort to, but we see right through it.

Clear to me that when we were celebrating the 2002 cup final win he was celebrating progressing to the big boys potty!

Reactions: SSR
Probably just a combination of my memory and the fact he played for them so I wouldn't be taking much notice of him but I dont recall him ever ragdolling us and being sensational. His scoring record was excellent but I've noticed in the of games morelos doing really well despite not scoring giving their defenders a tough time I dont ever recall Larrson standing out.

He was a very good striker. Left the tims when he was getting on a bit and still managed to play for Man U and Barca.

Larsson was a dirty player now? Nae bother, I get that you don’t like or rate him but I that’s not how I remember him. He was however a diving cheat who also had zero personality.
I'm sure he broke Gus McPherson's jaw with an elbow. He was a sleekit wee bastard, but all great strikers are; they have to be.

He stunk the place out, not just in the 2002 scf but in other games against us apart from the 6-2 game he never did anything against us to merit his overblown hype, always seemed to struggle against us, unless my memory is on the slide.

Jesus f#cking Christ...:oops::oops:

I'm sure he broke Gus McPherson's jaw with an elbow. He was a sleekit wee bastard, but all great strikers are; they have to be.

He went over the top of the ball and split MacPherson's knee wide open with his studs.

IIRC Provan defended him by saying he was only protecting himself, which was absolute crap.

Didn't stop him diving whenever a Rangers player went near him.At least dallas knew what a cheating ugly bastard he was and played a lot on.Still a terrible referee right enough

I can't believe what i read on here sometimes

Septic player or not he was a great player and we may never get to see players of that quality again unless in this league

Watching that last night was a reminder how far the standard has dipped

Whatever you think about them, he was a tremendous player.

O’Neil was lucky he had Larssom in that squad. Without him carrying that team he’d have been out on his arse in a season.

Agreed he was poor in that final but come on.
He scored 11 league goals against us. Which I am sure is a record.

I may be in line for abuse here but he was a great player it must be said.
Folk won’t admit it. It’s the same with Celtic fans with the likes of Laudrup.

In all honesty, he's probably the only Celtic player that I was genuinely jealous that he played for them and not us - pre 2012 anyway. I can't think of anyone else, even Di Canio and Van Hooijdonk were excellent players but we had a better team at the time so their threat was usually nullified.

Watching that game last night I was astonished how poor he was. But let's not rewrite history, Larsson, Gazza and Laudrup are the top three players to have played in Scotland in the past 30 years.

After he left the scum he went to Barcelona and single handedly turned around the CL final against arsenal.

He was utterly sensational and anyone who says otherwise is in denial.

I'm not having that. Larsson's goalscoring record at previous clubs was poor. Add the fact he got away with absolute murder up here with countless dives for penalties and offside goals. Larsson is one of the worst cheats I've ever seen in Scottish football.

he was some player, no getting away from it ...............strangely seemed to fit in with oneills long ball tactics, although thats probably because he was so good he could adapt.........you don't get a chance to play for Manu and Barca during that era if you are not a very good footballer

We are not like them. We admit when players are good whomever they play for and don't try to pretend they're rubbish due to an inferiority complex and/or fear.

Can't believe they booed him aswell. Psychos.

Back