Bar72 Renewals Out

This is what loyalty gets you.

As a fanbase we've steered the club through the last decade with the £££££ we've generated through ST ticket sales etc.

We're in an unprecedented period of time where the majority of fans will be struggling financially so the club crack on and increase the prices by 35%.

Cant wait to see how much I've been shafted by in the Govan Front.

We don't even know how many games we'll be playing next season fu.ck sake.

I pay about £500 for my season ticket . What does the extra £1000 get me ?

potentially another 10 games so around 30 in total in a prime seat and complimentary pint, pie and programme. Works out at £50 a game if there was 30 home games in total

This is what loyalty gets you.

As a fanbase we've steered the club through the last decade with the £££££ we've generated through ST ticket sales etc.

We're in an unprecedented period of time where the majority of fans will be struggling financially so the club crack on and increase the prices by 35%.

Cant wait to see how much I've been shafted by in the Govan Front.

We don't even know how many games we'll be playing next season fu.ck sake.

Read the thread instead of being a hysterical wee bitch

Renamed as "Club 72"

Both new lounges will be available initially to the existing corporate clients of Argyle House Suite and the Bar 72 season ticket holders in the form of Founding Member packages and will thereafter open for general enquiries later in the year."

potentially another 10 games so around 30 in total in a prime seat and complimentary pint, pie and programme. Works out at £50 a game if there was 30 home games in total
My seat is main stand so seat is good at the moment . So really nothing extra but only works out worth while if we go far in Europe etc

Can anyone provide a comparison between say a season ticket for Copland stand and all friendly, europa and domestic games paid for on top of season ticket and give total money paid for games versus the total £1060 paid in bar 72 that includes all home games

Copland front season ticket £485*
europa group stage 3 game package £ 115*
Just need to add all qualifiers and Leverkusen
Plus pre season friendly games

There’s about 900 seats in Bar72 I’m sure you enter by the small door next to Argyle House then when you reach the entrance you can either go in East or West section the 2 bars are completely the same though
Thats quite a lot, a million pounds in Revenue if thats the numbers.
Plus the profits for alcohol etc

The Argyll looks superb when transformed. For anyone who went hospitality over in Austria at Vienna last year looks very similar to their set up which was awesome.

The only thing that is a draw back to the Argyll, is no outdoor seating. They should have that facility with the back row seats in the Govan. Similar to Twickenham with the sliding doors if anyone has been.

Ultimately the club can point to supply v demand and in Bar 72 demand far outweighs supply so they will see this as a justifiable increase but in the current climate with many Bears now out of work or on reduced wages and with the current season having no chance of being played out in front of fans who are unlikely to get any sort of ticket refunds, I think a 35% rise is a bit on the greedy side.

Can anyone provide a comparison between say a season ticket for Copland stand and all friendly, europa and domestic games paid for on top of season ticket and give total money paid for games versus the total £1060 paid in bar 72 that includes all home games

Copland front season ticket £485*
europa group stage 3 game package £ 115*
Just need to add all qualifiers and Leverkusen
Plus pre season friendly games
£1075 Club deck

About £1000 CD5 but I would happily have paid the extra for bar 72 for past few years.

truth be told I’ve a decent end row seat and good guys around me so I’ll probably not try and move now

Looks like I'll be giving up my Bar72 ticket this year then. It's unfortunate as I love my seat, it's great for taunting the away fans, but I can't justify it for something that I generally don't get much benefit from.

I sit in GR3 and paid more than £1060 this season to attend every home game.

Bar72 has been far too cheap the last few seasons.

Admittedly it is gamble based on our progression in Europe.

Not sure why they offer every home game as part of the deal tbh?

But where's the evidence that the ST holders in Bar 72 are that target market though ?

It looks like they've had an MC and ex players chucked into their £400 price hike whether they wanted it or not.

The point is those that are happy with the ‘upgrade’ in service & increased price will pay for it and those that aren’t will not.

You fall in to the latter category so therefore are not the target market.

Bar72 renewals out, increase in the region of 35% as it is being upgraded to more of a 'Hospitality' area. My seat, increased from £1,060 to £1,440. Summary of changes:-

MC Host & Live entertainment
Upgraded LED screens
Ex-player visits & Q&A on all match days
Complimentary drink on arrival
Complimentary programme
Complimentary pie at half-time
Personalised membership card & lanyard
Dedicated Account Manager
You could say a hike in the region of 25% to 35% really because best those are the facts. But either way, it is a substantial raise. But do the changes merit such an increase or has it been too cheap in previous seasons?

Personally, I do not want a host or live entertainment.
Could not give a shit for led screens.
Dave Smith, on our bus every week, I doubt any ex player in a Barca 72 themed bar will add anything.
Complimentary drink I could make a point of getting, but I am seldom in the actual bar area.
A programme I will take to give away.
Half time pie would be a plus, could be picked up when going to a clean, non-smokey bog at ht lol.
We already have a smartcard.
The ticket shed staff already do an excellent job.

But front row GR, padded seat, opposite the tunnel and looking across at our magnificent main stand, access to every game for whoever uses it and no hassle with cccs / activation etc, just turn up and go in. So whilst I cannot make all games, I will renew the seats because they are good value imo. And you don't get a dress circle view from the bottom corner of the stalls either.

Currently £1,099 for all games so next season just below a 25% increase to £1,368 for a single payment which luckily I can do. I have been in Bar72 since it opened with the 3 year plan and on average it has been well worth it.

Likely to average around £50 a game with wriggle room both ways. Not the worst for what you get imo. It will be interesting to see how it compares to main stand centre and GR3/4/5 when you look at bare bones ST prices.

The ex player one is an odd one. Because I bet most folk just want a pie and a pint instead of shaking the hands of Mark Hateley who they’ve met about a dozen times before.

Read the thread instead of being a hysterical wee bitch

I've read the thread fanny baws.

The fact is thats a big increase for some new TVs and the odd legend kicking about.

We dont know if this season will finish and we don't know how many games we'll have next season.. the fact renewals are out is a joke.

Just asked the question about away tickets and it looks like we will have a separate ballot for these and not in the usual away scheme so that will be a bonus

That is a massive hike in all honesty and for what extra ?

A free pie and pint and an ex player to tell the same stories you've heard a million times before.

Maybe they can do what the scums ex players do and write some new stories

Just asked the question about away tickets and it looks like we will have a separate ballot for these and not in the usual away scheme so that will be a bonus
Didn’t see that mate. It’s certainly a bonus but overall I think asking for as big an increase at this time is
crassly insensitive. While the seats have been good value over the last couple of years some forget that most of us were paying a grand to watch us in the lower leagues

Didn’t see that mate. It’s certainly a bonus but overall I think asking for as big an increase at this time is
crassly insensitive. While the seats have been good value over the last couple of years some forget that most of us were paying a grand to watch us in the lower leagues

yeah I emailed the address on the email and to be fair the response was very swift

I sit in GR3 and paid more than £1060 this season to attend every home game.

Bar72 has been far too cheap the last few seasons.

Admittedly it is gamble based on our progression in Europe.

Not sure why they offer every home game as part of the deal tbh?
Serious question . If for example it was about the same . What benefit would you have got for bar 72 as it currently stands bearing in mind you have to pay for all food and drink

It’s all a bit disappointing. As others have said, no mention that we’ve missed 5 games this season, so probably works out at £50-60 a ticket for this season.

They also then state that they wanted to make it into a sports bar but can’t due to corona virus preventing renovation, yet they look to be charging for these improved facilities.

They know that plenty will take the seats, but they really should have positioned it better than they have done.

I’m not raging, but disappointed.

It's still reasonable value, given that we now get a free drink on arrival (£3.50 for peroni), free programme £3.50, and free pie at HT - that's the best part of a tenner. Over a season c. 200 paid extra. So all in all real term increase is about 10%. I'll pay it.

We need to see past the hysteria of a 30% increase and break it down.

Going by the numbers in the bar since I've been there people really do pick and choose which games they go to - hopefully this means we get more folk in - even if we do need to wait a little bit longer at the bar :D

Sensible thinking but even 10% is pushing it IMHO.

Like others have said though, it's not as if the place will be empty so people are obviously happy to pay it.

Serious question . If for example it was about the same . What benefit would you have got for bar 72 as it currently stands bearing in mind you have to pay for all food and drink

Mate you’ve attempted to make the same point about 3 times now.

I think it’s looking doubtful that the response of “a full pre-match body massage by several nubile Swedish women and a tactical discussion with Lauders” is going to materialise.

Sensible thinking but even 10% is pushing it IMHO.

Like others have said though, it's not as if the place will be empty so people are obviously happy to pay it.

That's the bottom line right there. The Club have a duty to maximise income. If they can garner sufficient interest to sell-out these seats then its the right thing to do. If folk don't want to pay the new rate/can't afford to pay the new rate then they have other choices. In the current climate I doubt it will be as difficult as hitherto to obtain a season ticket.

At the end of the day, the money is going into our Club. It's not going to the Fat C*nt Ashley, or Amazon, or BT, or Sky - it's not lining some spivs pockets. It's going to our Club. To make our Club better for all of us (hopefully).

Mate you’ve attempted to make the same point about 3 times now.

I think it’s looking doubtful that the response of “a full pre-match body massage by several nubile Swedish women and a tactical discussion with Lauders” is going to materialise.
Mate the point is there is no value in it unless we make the semis of Europe and lots of home domestic cup draws . Anyone saying it makes sense in value is pushing it . Hospitality is slightly dirreeent but is even worse value for money

We have both ends of the spectrum here

CCCS comes out. You get the Bar72 folk having a chuckle ‘another match I dont need to pay for’

The current pricing of Bar72 given the number of matches the club is now likely to play, is cheap, very cheap for what it is.

The club wish to make it dearer as the average outlay every single CCCS person has to make per season is now up a few hundred quid.

A padded seat at the front of the govan rear and the ability to have a pint in the stadium pre and post match if I fancy.

Hope my long wait will be up,.... how would this work if so? At what point do they fulfill the bar72 seats from the waiting list?

Would I need to renew my GF4 seat then await the end of the ST renewals and then they contact potential new bar72 members?

Looks like I'll be giving up my Bar72 ticket this year then. It's unfortunate as I love my seat, it's great for taunting the away fans, but I can't justify it for something that I generally don't get much benefit from.
You must be near me bud, I can see all their bald patches and nits

Having looked at the renovations on the official website, the improvements to bar 72 don’t look to be very evident at all. Doesn’t look any better than it does currently, in fact I’d go as far as saying it looks worse. There’s also a serious lack of booze behind that bar.

Blue Sky lounge does look good.

Hope my long wait will be up,.... how would this work if so? At what point do they fulfill the bar72 seats from the waiting list?

Would I need to renew my GF4 seat then await the end of the ST renewals and then they contact potential new bar72 members?
Yes mate need to renew before a seat transfer then once it’s confirmed prices will be amended

Back