Updated Rangers Statement - SPFL’s legal adviser deems Rangers' Members Resolution as incompetent, other clubs being bullied

According to the spfl statement there's still 1 club left to vote in the championship and they need 1 more yes to pass? Unless I'm mistaken.

WHAT THE %^*&?

Claiming all clubs haven’t voted now? Something stinks here.

So, 1 vote to come from each of the voting blocks. Doesn’t matter in the Premier League, doesn’t matter in League 1/2.

Only matters in the Championship, and if a club chooses not to vote then that should be up to them. The SPFL don’t have the necessary votes in favour (8) in the Championship so it’s f*cked. Surely.

Liewell busy sending brown envelopes up to Inverness as we speak. Despicable.

Because they are corrupt and are trying to change the narrative and sway teams that are 50/50.
Surely that can be challenged in a court. Imagine Biden gets in after the votes are counted, and Trump suddenly asks the voters who didn’t vote by the deadline to quickly get their votes in as he’s 100 short of retaining his presidency???

I have no issue with a restructured league. But if there are no ‘losers’ there cannot be any ’winners’ and that should be the case across all the leagues. I’ve said many times I’m not going to get too upset whatever the outcome as there will be upsides to any decision. That said I would love this to hugely embarrassing / corruption shown from the board And heads to roll! Doncaster I’m looking at you!!!

and this is the crux of it - even if you don't relegate anyone how can you decide who gets "promoted" into the new leagues? The team in place X 1 point behind the team in place Y might miss out despite having a game in hand.

Its all bullshit and without null & voiding it there are going to be teams who miss out through no fault of their own.

This is ridiculous and again corrupt. If there was a deadline to vote there was a deadline, end of. They didn’t vote.

If it was Inverness then the reconstructed league text makes sense now, sadly this is a stay of execution.

With three clubs yet to vote, the SPFL will issue further updates in due course.

A spokesman said: “It is very important that clubs consider carefully the resolution and we are grateful to those clubs who have voted already.

the sinister overtones in that sentence

Scottish football has been thrown into further crisis after clubs dramatically FAILED to agree on a way forward amid the coronavirus shutdown.

The SPFL had proposed ending the season immediately in the Championship, League One and League Two.

Premiership clubs were also asked to transfer the power to call the season at a later date if football cannot restart.

That would likely have to be ratified by UEFA too, with the European governing body warning that it expects top flight leagues to be played to completion.

Clubs had until 5pm on Friday to either pass or reject the motion to end the season early, but on a day of high drama no agreement was reached.

The SPFL gave clubs two days to respond as an urgent request, but the rules state that they have 28 days to respond to any such request.

As a result three clubs simply refused to comply with the request, meaning that the proposals could not be passed.

That essentially forces another four weeks before any decision is made - but there are fears some already struggling clubs could go out of business by then.

One reason for ending the season early was to pay out prize money to clubs already hit hard by the shutdown.

But that now cannot happen after no decision was taken, and it's not clear what the way forward will be.

So did Hearts just see what way the wind was blowing and decide they were abstaining?

Back