SPFL Statement - As at 5pm, the SPFL had received 39 responses, 85% of which have been in favour

Only one club in the SPL voted against? I don't get this, did Hearts vote to relegate themselves?
Looks that way, budge shat the bed, they've clearly been told they'll stay up with reconstruction.
Sporting integrity and all indeed eh

EVQSU1YWoAAZWoh

We were never going to defeat this in the Premier League. That wasn’t the battleground. The battleground was always going to be the Championship. As it stands the SPFL haven’t got the necessary 8 votes so the proposal should be f*cked.

Now, let’s get Rangers proposal on the table.

We need another no in the championship.

If they've abstained we've lost.

That Premiership vite is a headf*ck.

What happened to Hearts?

Now I don't know BUT Budge could not negotiate anything that would only benefit Hearts it certainly appears our set up is like no other.

Why all the bollocks about league reconstruction being promised? Nobody can promise that, it has to be voted on and will require 11 of the 12 Premier clubs to vote for it. It’s not happening. All they can promise is ‘talks’ - which will lead to nothing.
Who would vote against league reconstruction other than us ?

Why all the bollocks about league reconstruction being promised? Nobody can promise that, it has to be voted on and will require 11 of the 12 Premier clubs to vote for it. It’s not happening. All they can promise is ‘talks’ - which will lead to nothing.
Why only we would vote against it

Who would vote against league reconstruction other than us ?

There is no groundswell of support for reconstruction amongst the clubs. There isn’t even an agreed proposal as to how such reconstruction would work because nobody has been talking about it. Yet we are to believe they will agree a format that will get 90% support in the Premier League. Bear in mind more clubs also means the money is spread a bit more thinly as well.

I find it bizarre that Hearts did not vote, think we can safely say they will be doing nothing to fight this

How have we lost if they've abstained?

They need 8 positive votes and only have 7 in the champ. An abstain has the same effect as a no.
I think you could be right.
How have we lost if they've abstained?

They need 8 positive votes and only have 7 in the champ. An abstain has the same effect as a no.
I think you're right.

The figure of 3 was stuck in my head.

Back