Media creaming themselves over 7k sheep at Murrayfield

Embra Bear

Great support, biggest away support in Scotland etc blah blah blah. Led by the one and only Tom Irish of course.

They ain't seen nothing yet though as they say.

I was curious to see what the attendance was today. In English's report he waffles on about a bumper crowd. I checked further down to find out there was 24000-odd.
Aye, nae bother Tom.

I was told that we are getting 14k.

Probably a 14k initial allocation I would have thought. We could easily sell way more than that. I reckon we could easily sell 25k with Edinburgh only being a hour away. Given Hearts money worries they'd be really silly not to cash in.

I understand those reluctant to bankroll Hearts next month.

I also think it would be tremendous if we could take over Murrayfield. Given how we struggled at Tynecastle last season, this could almost be like a bonus hit for us, an extra home game.

Great support, biggest away support in Scotland etc blah blah blah. Led by the one and only Tom Irish of course.

They ain't seen nothing yet though as they say.

Did you hear BBC news when talking about this game, Hearts v Aberdeen at the 67k capacity murrayfield.

While this is true, the impression it gives is there was going to be that amount in it.

but 7k? really? We've probably taken 7k to games that cant get into the game!!

There were thousands of bears in Barcelona when we played in CL, thousands wouldn't have got in to the game.

My first reaction was take the 800 we would have got for Tynecastle,then I remembered all the years when I went to every game home or away.so could never deny a bear going to watch the Rangers

don't be fooled he knows exactly what he is doing.

he is goading gers fans so they turn up n pay for their new stand. he will be chuckling to himself if gers turn up in numbers to beat sheeps attendance and help that mob pay for their stand.

don't be fooled!

There will not be a peep from the media about their attendance vrs us at Murrayfield, it's just the way it is. We Are The People and they fu&ken hate it.

Taking 7,000 to a humdrum league game is pretty impressive for a provincial club like Aberdeen, to be honest.

It's not really given their catchment area in the North East which is a huge area. Aberdeen has a a population of about 235,000 and they are only top division club in the north east. Even in the central belt they have a lot of supporters. For instance they have more supporters clubs in Edinburgh than Rangers do.

he is goading gers fans so they turn up n pay for their new stand. he will be chuckling to himself if gers turn up in numbers to beat sheeps attendance and help that mob pay for their stand.

don't be fooled!

Exactly what I was talking about.

don't be fooled!

I know someone at a searching company who have had a request from Hearts about the ownership of land that part of the new stand has been built. Turns out they have built on land that they don't own. No idea of the implications but it may end up costing them a pretty penny.

I have not heard the one about it being limited to the bottom tier for football but I know few guys who are ITK regarding Hearts so I'll ask them next week. It's possible though as Hearts contract with the SRU may be a discounted one if they only open the bottom tiers of the stands.

It's not limited to bottom tier
The game is on BBC alba right now, just flicked over and both tiers are being used by both sets of fans. At least the bits I can see are

It's not limited to bottom tier
The game is on BBC alba right now, just flicked over and both tiers are being used by both sets of fans. At least the bits I can see are

Yeah just saw just now Hearts fans in the upper tier so no reason why we can't get as many tickets as we want.

It looks like there is more open space between the goals and the stands at either end than there is at Hampden and given the size of the pitch there if you are not in the stands at either side of the pitch it might difficult to see the full pitch.

Under 30000, it was a damp squid, but the media are playing it up like it was the second coming.
Nothing to see here folks, least till the Bears visit

Was Jamie ' I'm a disappointed Ranger in a Hearts Jersey' Walker playing. Did he continue to coast it and avoid injury?

We took far more to Killie for a midweek game. Don't get me wrong, 7k is decent, it's hardly headline stuff though.

We could take 30000 there and the Scottish Mhedia wouldn't report anything along those lines.

Back