Are we going to hear from the club?

The angle that’s been missed by most (the media tries to avoid it completely) is that the rationale behind gifting Celtic a title would have applied if Rangers were only one point behind. The SPFL ripped up their own rule book. That Celtic had a significant led to related discussion being deflected and FF was as bad as anywhere else with posters who couldn’t see the wood for the trees.

It is likely that similar decisions will be faced next season unless a reliable vaccine is found for the coronavirus. We surely know that these decisions will be made to favour Celtic. We have to act to safeguard the future of the club.

The legal nature of the dossier compiled by the club certainly allowed the impression to develop that the EGM was merely a stepping stone on the route to court. Lawwell humiliated us at this meeting and there has as yet been no comeback.

Why do we have to wait on Hearts?

It’s as if the board has chickened out. I hope that’s not the case.

The clubs being shafted because the political climate in this country is stacked against us, that's down to us not the club. I doubt very much we would win in a court where the bottom line is, the decisions been voted through, wether we agree with it or not.

If Rangers go to court and say, we dont want them getting the title, then we'll be laughed out the building.

Hard to hear, but just a fact.
Yes the decision was voted thru...it failed
SPFL then decided to pretend to"lose" the vital Dundee vote and then applied huge pressurs on them to change their vote
This was never about the scum being awarded a tainted title it's about removing those who abuse their powers to benefit one club and one club only
If we dont challenge this now these c@nts will know they are untouchable and will do anything to facilitate 10 in a row ie compliance officer,pressurise referees and whither the help of the SHNP bring strict liability to ensure one team and one team only gets points deductions for"sectarian" singing

Hopefully just keeping our cards close to the chest and preparing for legal action. You would like to think we didnt take it all this way to suddenly drop it like a stone.

We have issued at least 16 statements since the last game of football was played, more than any other club. If this is a cards close to the chest strategy, well, it's not like us. I'd say it looks more like we are quietly just moving on after the bluster and getting ready for next season.

If theres not a 99.9% chance of winning in court then I dont want the club wasting money. Something we cant really be doing.

It could be a huge bill with us paying costs. My experience with lawyers, is to plead guilty when your playing a losing hand.

Disagree completely .

rangers could raise a civil action which would allow us to ask the SPFL board questions they would need to answer . We could explore all avenues including mclennans comments he made about the club .
We could ask questions of nelms and the Dundee vote and ask cormack of Aberdeen exactly what his exchange with Doncaster was .
We could rip the SPFL apart over their rule book . I’d argue a court action would give us more freedom to ask the questions we want answered Than an independent investigation would .

to do nothing after all our bluster would be a sign of weakness and if we opt for this route we better get used to playing second fiddle in a Celtic hegemony for year to come .

“we will not be bullied into silence” - we will see I suppose

The angle that’s been missed by most (the media tries to avoid it completely) is that the rationale behind gifting Celtic a title would have applied if Rangers were only one point behind. The SPFL ripped up their own rule book. That Celtic had a significant led to related discussion being deflected and FF was as bad as anywhere else with posters who couldn’t see the wood for the trees.

It is likely that similar decisions will be faced next season unless a reliable vaccine is found for the coronavirus. We surely know that these decisions will be made to favour Celtic. We have to act to safeguard the future of the club.

The legal nature of the dossier compiled by the club certainly allowed the impression to develop that the EGM was merely a stepping stone on the route to court. Lawwell humiliated us at this meeting and there has as yet been no comeback.

Why do we have to wait on Hearts?

Totally agree. How many points difference does it become acceptable to award the title on this basis ? 1 point, 5 points, 10 or 13 ? There is of course no answer to that question unless you are the SPFL and make up the rules as you go along.

For that reason, and the fact the governance around the vote was a joke, we should take this to the next level.

I would rather we kept the noise down and worked behind the scenes on this.

Something that has worked since King and T3B took the club back.

Our club are up against it here.

Perhaps there is just nothing more we can do legally? That doesn't mean we have to give in. We should be concentrating on the out and out cheating from referees in the last two years. If we don't we can expect the same next year. That being the case it will be impossible to get to 55. (This is just my opinion and I am not looking to upset . )
I think every department of the football authorities in this country has suspicion all over them and if the SPFL/SFA are anything to go by then certainly the refereeing committee should come under the same scrutiny.

It is looking more and more as if this is what is happening.
The companies act would surely have been breached by the refusal of the SPFL to accept Rangers alternative resolution, if they thought it "not competent" or "ineffective", this could have been easily rectifed, had they not been so obstructive.
The shenanigans over the Dundee vote could be exposed if the circumsfances were investigated.
Rangers have offered to pay for this investigation, so why why are the SPFL, refusing to allow this?
They are cheating in plain sight, and laughing at us.
If we fail to confront the authorities on this, Rangers will continue fed more of the same until they do.
Well and truly "Nailed to the floor" as the republical, alcoholic, sex pest said.

We are either holding something back/waiting to pull the trigger as soon as the next bit of bad news eminates from the SPFL,.......... or we've bottled it. Cant be sure which, time will tell.

If theres not a 99.9% chance of winning in court then I dont want the club wasting money. Something we cant really be doing.

It could be a huge bill with us paying costs. My experience with lawyers, is to plead guilty when your playing a losing hand.

Btw, I'm not saying Rangers are guilty of anything. Relegated clubs are the ones with a good chance in a court case. If they were to abandon the league, then current positions would go into europe, so financially we're losing nothing.
If I thought there was a way to get into the English leagues I'd say go for it,just to see the impact that would have on these ingrates. The corruption is blatant now and Rangers have a strong case,why they didn't say anything when Lawwell made his speech is beyond me. I think if they weren't going to pursue it,then we'd have heard by now,the fact that they're not happy with the status quo,says enough and I think we need to bide our time,difficult I know because I want justice to be done.

If we also took the SFA to court, would that stop teams entering European Competitions? If we lost a rigged court case, could we be sued by other teams in the league for lost European money? The reactions of Doncaster/Liewell seem to suggest they think they are untouchable.

You could see from the SPFL's reactions to the whistleblower statement that they were petrified as to what we might know. I'm sure there must be some prison sentences in there if we have evidence. It's looking like there will be more corrupt behaviour to come which will strengthen our case e.g. completing the Scottish Cup, starting the next season early.

Every day I wake up and check to see if we have announced a whistleblower and legal action. I still hope we're steps ahead and playing a blinder but as it has been all along I'll believe it when I see it.

It's not about the title though.
Clubs were threatened.
They declared a result of the vote then had a club go back and change their vote.
There is evidence of the Chief Exec phoning clubs about how the vote was going prior to the deadline.
There were 6 ways to end the season, they refused to allow clubs a vote on any other possibility.
They deliberately withheld information of a potential £10m liability.

I have never once stated we should do anything about them being given a league title.
I have said all along that their process of reaching that result is what we should be going after.

This league is gone, no matter what we do now.
Every title in future will be theirs too until we fight the corruption.
We're not playing in a competition we can win simply by being better at football.

It was at that point (as per the Partick QC opinion) that action should have been taken.

A lot of time has passed and a lot of paperwork has been filled in and words spoken.
And the SPFL have gone on their merry way, doing what they want, without any comeback to them nor to the staff responsible.

It's all very well to talk about us working behind the scenes -- how has that gone with the SPFL so far in the last few years ?

It's all very well to take about us "not showing our hand", but the problem is that we've got that hand of cards and the SPFL have opened another pack and started dealing from that.
A hand of cards is no good unless you use it, in the current game.

Some poster on another thread raised the question -- would you rather see us use a couple of million on a player this summer, or see it used to give the SPFL the biggest roasting in court that they've ever had ?
The player could be a duffer -- the court action could come to nothing.
The player could be a gem -- the court action could destroy the SPFL.

On balance, I think the potential of what we'd win with that money spent on a court action against the SPFL, is more than we'd get out of a player on the pitch at that end of the scale.

The world knows that the League was deliberately called early to guarantee the one Champions League spot to that mob, and the potential money therein. We were denied the chance to compete for that money and if we go down the legal route, it could be on that issue.

Do UEFA not have a meeting next week regarding how leagues should be finished,
if this is different to how SPFL called our league, then I think we will go legal.
it would confirm to most people why they wanted it called so quickly and why they had to rig the vote.

Regardless of our individual thoughts about our current board there are few if any who would consider them to be stupid. Following the vote, which saw a good measure of support of our resolution, a holding statement was issued. If they were going to draw a line they would have said so and they didn’t.

There is a longer term strategy at play here and we will win. The three stooges are damaged, in any other field of business they would be out the door already. What we have to be careful of is that the puppet master also knows this and will be laying his own plans regarding replacements.

Hearts and Thistle will get bought off with league reconstruction

Rangers will have to go it alone

If the QC advice is sound then I’d encourage the club to raise a civil action against the SPL board who are working to benefit one club

Let’s not wait any longer

If, as some seem to think, the board have chickened out where does that leave us next time something happens to us. The SPFL board will expect another statement or dossier then nothing!!!
Surely there must be other action planned? If only to support the whistleblower who came forward. How would he/she feel if it's all for nothing?
It won't encourage others to come forward in the future.

The vote was corrupt and the only way to prove it is an independent investigation against them.
If the dossier is true the fact in it Donkey, McKenzie and McLellan had failed in Governance practices under PLC law which in alone should see them gone.

Hearts and Thistle will get bought off with league reconstruction

Rangers will have to go it alone

If the QC advice is sound then I’d encourage the club to raise a civil action against the SPL board who are working to benefit one club

Let’s not wait any longer
100% - this has already been decided. No benefit now to not raising them a court case.

100% - this has already been decided. No benefit now to not raising them a court case.

If there is any scope to go legal on The SPFL Ltd. ( or individual directors / employee ) I’d love Rangers to go for it.

Anybody that’s concerned with cultivating friendships with other top flight clubs makes get want to consider reappraising what has transpired in the last few months.

We should have done/are doing one of two things on this.
Either do eff all and let them get on with it or take it all the way to court, as I said before winning a vote for an independent enquiry was a non starter, a blind man could see this.
If this is as far as we go on it we're as well packing it in, and we will be the laughing stock of the league for the foreseeable future and beyond.

It was at that point (as per the Partick QC opinion) that action should have been taken.

A lot of time has passed and a lot of paperwork has been filled in and words spoken.
And the SPFL have gone on their merry way, doing what they want, without any comeback to them nor to the staff responsible.

It's all very well to talk about us working behind the scenes -- how has that gone with the SPFL so far in the last few years ?

It's all very well to take about us "not showing our hand", but the problem is that we've got that hand of cards and the SPFL have opened another pack and started dealing from that.
A hand of cards is no good unless you use it, in the current game.

Some poster on another thread raised the question -- would you rather see us use a couple of million on a player this summer, or see it used to give the SPFL the biggest roasting in court that they've ever had ?
The player could be a duffer -- the court action could come to nothing.
The player could be a gem -- the court action could destroy the SPFL.

On balance, I think the potential of what we'd win with that money spent on a court action against the SPFL, is more than we'd get out of a player on the pitch at that end of the scale.
The thing that I'm holding out hope for is that it isn't as simple as saying "I'll see you in court".

I've got to believe that things are going on with us declaring that 'the status quo cannot hold' abd 'the board will not be found wanting'. It's incredibly foolish to say these things then not act on them.

I've said on this thread too that I'd much rather have a go at them through the courts than worry about costs.
There is £30m a year in potential Champions League revenue that we aren't allowed to compete for.
If we don't do anything we are accepting the gap can only widen.

I am reasonably confident that things are going on in the background no inside info just a feeling

I wish I had a pound for every time your sentiments have been uttered on here.

No doubt, we're keeping our powder dry too? Wait till you see the whites of their eyes and so forth.

There were two goons masquerading at the blue gates at Ibrox on Saturday with a yahoo flag.

With the knowledge of this and the certainty that the filth would be 'handed' a tainted title come Monday our board still did not have the wherewithal to step up security at the stadium for this week at least. And look at how that ended?

I hope you are right but I just don't see it.

The board might be good guys but I'd like less naivety and a bit more bite.

I don’t think we will have the club commenting on that lot getting the league as if they do it will be “look at them and their sour grapes”I think we’ll wait and see what hearts do in particular as they are the ones most effected by the decision on Monday.the league was gone the second the resolution vote past.

this!! The gutter press will be itching for us to release a statement and they would be all over it with the sour grapes talk

Dont ever forget. All that has snowballed since was the result of the SPFL saying Dundee's vote never mattered. It did. And any courtroom will know so. They are shit scared if a forensic audit is sanctioned. Hence why they will do anything to stop it.

I have said numerous times the clubs lawyers must work with Stranraer NOW as a shuffle of the leagues still sees them playing the dross next season in the bottom tier and is the same as relegation just a different league name.

If Dundee negotiates a bargain with big hitters, then we should do likewise with Stranraer for the good of the game and for the truth to be shown.

We must ACT NOW.

I don't want a statement. I want a report of our initial visit to court.

The board always seen to have a lot to say but never actually do anything. That needs to change

In saying that I don't know if CAS or normal courts are operating fast enough to accommodate us just now.

We have a prima fascia case against Doncaster as our dossier has said. And working with Stranraer we have a prima fascia case against corporate governance. Both can / will lead to a public forensic audit. This is what we must do. To do nothing is an acceptance. And they won't be so stupid next time. They slipped up due to pressure to deliver a tainted title. We must act now.

If Rangers dont act and do nothing, I wont forgive. Its now or never.

We don't need statement after statement, it's about action. And you don't need to show your hand until it's absolutely necessary

Why has statement after statement been made by the club then? A cynic might conclude they were trying to make a big show about it in public but take no action when push comes to shove as it has now.

As of this month we have the chair of one of rhe Co directors, surely it's our responsibility to take action, should we feel there is wrongdoing. Which there clearly was from the executives of the SPFL, so legally we are bound as to part of our fiduciary duties to report malpractice.

In saying that I don't know if CAS or normal courts are operating fast enough to accommodate us just now.

That's what I'm really hoping is the hitch here -- that in the current state the courts are operating under a stricter rule of what's necessary and what's not.

However ... if that was the case, the Club could have come out and said that.

The intention to go to court should have been stated clearly at least a week ago.
That would have headed off the "sour grapes" stuff and would have meant that the SPFL would have been handing out titles and relegations and pathways to big money on the basis of a faulty (if not corrupted) Resolution vote that they knew they were going to be pulled up on in court -- something that would have given them pause I suspect.

I fear it's too late.
I've actually lost count of the amount of times we've ALL thought that we had our opponents by the baws legally ... and done absolutely nothing.

imo, the worst of it is that THIS is the best opportunity that we've had.
The amount of things that they have done wrong in this matter, and the publicity that it has attracted even throughout the UK ....
How weak would we appear, and how weak would we have to be, to let this pass as well ??

Could the Club be in contact with UEFA and are awaiting some kind of guidance? The title is one thing - the potential of Champions League income another.

I can only hope we're preparing for action rather than accepting what has happened. Surely the behaviour at the final meeting would spur us into a response..

I wrote to the club last week expressing my feelings. I haven’t had a reply. Not even a stock, “thank you for your interest ...” response. I don’t know what to make of that. Granted I’m an insignificance in the grand scheme of things, but it can’t be down to resources as I continually get unsolicited emails from the club on other issues, and current marketing Strategy suggests you don’t ignore your customer base.

I’m clinging to the hope somethings going to happen.

Think the point everyone’s getting at and I hope the club know this from the support is

if there’s no legal way forward then either directly or indirectly through fan media tell us that. If things are going on in the background let us know Cos right know it looks like it’s the end of matter until the spfl make another mistake but that could be months away and by that time that lot could be half way till 10. We need to know whether all focus is on next season and signings etc or whether this has more to run

Can I have some clarification since I haven’t been fully following this farce.

Scottish football voted to consider the current league standings final. The vote may have had some dodgy activities surrounding it. We proposed to investigate, but the rest of Scottish football wasnt interested.

And the main motivation for declaring winners/losers of the unfinished 19/20 season was a financial one. It was simply in everyone’s best financial interests that we pretended the league had finished, as opposed to cancelling it.

Is that about right?

Remember Doncaster also said Douglas Park threatened him. Surely DP wants justice as much as anyone?

Scottish football voted to consider the current league standings final. The vote may have had some dodgy activities surrounding it. We proposed to investigate, but the rest of Scottish football wasnt interested.

And the main motivation for declaring winners/losers of the unfinished 19/20 season was a financial one. It was simply in everyone’s best financial interests that we pretended the league had finished, as opposed to cancelling it.

Is that about right?

Just bumping this post as haven’t had a response. I need my facts straight before pwning these bastards.

Is that about right?

I think you it about right mate. I would argue your final point about it a financial decision to call the league is a red herring as it turns out.

Basically the SPFL wanted Celtic as champions and worked backwards from there to the mess you see now.

I guess that's what an investigation would have been for to find out who is pushing this and why?

So even though Scottish football was’t interested in answering these questions, it stands to reason that at some point, the questions will be asked again.

There will absolutely be questions asked of the legitimacy of celtics 10iar claim next season. They won’t go away.

They didn’t get 9.
“But the SPFL says we did!”
But why are they saying you did? The league was never finished. It was suspended indefinitely.

So even though Scottish football was’t interested in answering these questions, it stands to reason that at some point, the questions will be asked again.

There will absolutely be questions asked of the legitimacy of celtics 10iar claim next season. They won’t go away.

They didn’t get 9.
“But the SPFL says we did!”
But why are they saying you did? The league was never finished. It was suspended indefinitely.
The league has been “concluded” not suspended indefinitely.

I honestly don't believe the club are going to pursue this any further.

IF we’re Done fighting the club need to let the Tangets support know, not asking for an official statement, however, if we’re done give the nod to
H & H or another trusted new media outlet.

Let them disseminate the news and let us know that we’ve parked it OR ideally let us know that Rangers are still on it.

Back