Are we going to hear from the club?

We should have taken legal action earlier.
That's not even hindsight on what occured -- it's what we knew was going to happen.

Partick's QC assessment of the grounds for them to complain was actually pretty good -- I know Partick themselves may not have wanted to go down that road, but when they puiblished the details of it ... Rangers could quite easily have said: "Good points -- let us have a look at this."

The points in our Resolution -- well, we all KNEW it was going to be doomed.
If we had really been serious about this, we would have gone into that virtual meeting prominently holding a thick letter in our hands, with big lettering: "For the attention of [Rangers' lawyers]".

And as soon as reasonably possible after our complaints were laughed out, we should have conflated (there's that word again ...) our own points and those of Partick and gone to court to get an injunction to stop the league being called, and any titles awarded.

That would have happened before the SPFL gave CFC it.
We've had plenty of time, and we've allowed ourselves now to appear wrong / weak / bullied / mocked, plus allowing the SPFL plenty of time to award the league title (something that would have been very difficult for them to do if they were being pulled up in court about an initial fixed vote).

I know this is rather damning of what our Club has done recently, but I just look at what information we had, the reasonable chance of a legal result for us (on at least one point), and the backing from fans who were promising to put money in to a legal challenge.

I think we've made a bit of a mess of it all.

I really dont see a way out of this. If around 30 clubs are willing to sit back and allow lies amd corruption to go on then how do we go on from here. What action is open to us?
I do think the club at lease need to come out and tell the fans that they are ether going to accept it or are they going to fight this down another route.
unfortunatly for our Directors they have inherrited a 20 year problem caused by SDm and his chums where by they stood back and kept a dignified silence while they loaded their placemen into positions of power.
Breaking this web down will not be easy and be done overnight.
Court action will be our best bet. Not saying that's what will happen but I think it's our best chance of sorting all this out.

Given the events over the last month we are all desperate to see what our next move is.

Make no mistake about it - if we don’t take this further we will be accepting years of continued corruption, something which our fans will not tolerate as the SPFL & SFA will ensure they get 10, 11, 12+ in a row at all cost (let that sink in for a minute and it doesn’t matter that they are tainted).

The cheating will continue on and off the park.

So what’s our next move ?

Out last statement reads like a concluding summary, thanking supporting clubs, shining a light on SPFL governance etc and would suggest that we are done with this process, until you get to the very last sentence...

Our parting statement is that the “Status Quo cannot hold” which for me means we at all costs WILL take further action, if we don’t then we are accepting the current state of affairs.

As a club will we really sit back and accept the Chief Executive of our biggest rivals calling our evidence “embarrassing” when the facts clearly indicate that’s it’s the conduct of the SPFL that is embarrassing.

Rangers have played this well so far and it would be catastrophic if we now bowed out as we will never get a better chance to take the fight to the SPFL.

Its now or never Rangers, please don’t let us down.

Given the events over the last month we are all desperate to see what our next move is.

Make no mistake about it - if we don’t take this further we will be accepting years of continued corruption, something which our fans will not tolerate as the SPFL & SFA will ensure they get 10, 11, 12+ in a row at all cost (let that sink in for a minute and it doesn’t matter that they are tainted).

Out last statement reads like a concluding summary, thanking supporting clubs, shining a light on SPFL governance etc and would suggest that we are done with this process, until you get to the very last sentence...

Our parting statement is that the “Status Quo cannot hold” which for me means we at all costs WILL take further action, if we don’t then we are accepting the current state of affairs.

As a club will we really sit back and accept the Chief Executive of our biggest rivals calling our evidence “embarrassing” when the facts clearly indicate that’s it’s the conduct of the SPFL that is embarrassing.

Rangers have played this well so far and it would be catastrophic if we now bowed out as we will never get a better chance to take the fight to the SPFL.

Rangers have done all we can by publicly demanding the SPFL be investigated. The member clubs, shamefully, rejected it. Our nuclear option is to now go it alone and take legal action.

Rangers have done all we can by publicly demanding the SPFL be investigated. The member clubs, shamefully, rejected it. Our nuclear option is to now go it alone and take legal action.
I agree we have done everything publicly we can and I guess my point is the next step is we must go nuclear - if we don’t then we accept the Status quo which is contradictory to our parting line.

Based on that, it has to be a matter of time before we raise it to the next level.

We raised our voice. Made a lot of noise.
The majority of club's don't give a fvck.
What more can be done. We were never taking legal action.

Totally Agree with you mate.

I think it would be unacceptable from our board if the filth get their title and Hearts get to stay up. We would have to challenge that all the way otherwise we become, in effect, a club who can either be intimidated or lied to.

I’m content to give them until the end of this week to launch court action challenging the mentally challengeds tainted title or im going to start losing faith. Surely we have to do something or we’ll deservedly be seen as full of hot air.

Is there a possibility that the SFA asked us off the record to stop agitating and we agreed, the carrot for us being that the SFA formally dropped the Resolution 12 investigation?

See if the club weren`t going to go any further, they`d have told us by now.

See if they are, then it`ll come out in due course.

It`s really quite simple.

But remember, we were never trying to stop anyone get the title. That`s not what our case is about.

I agree we have done everything publicly we can and I guess my point is the next step is we must go nuclear - if we don’t then we accept the Status quo which is contradictory to our parting line.

Based on that, it has to be a matter of time before we raise it to the next level.

If Hearts are allowed to stay up due the SPFL again changing their own rules, then we may have no option but to take the legal route. If the SPFL declare winners of the season, then relegation must also be part of that package.

I don’t think we will have the club commenting on that lot getting the league as if they do it will be “look at them and their sour grapes”I think we’ll wait and see what hearts do in particular as they are the ones most effected by the decision on Monday.the league was gone the second the resolution vote past.

exactly.

we can 100% go after the legitimacy of the vote.

and, if nobody else does, i believe we will

Seems to me that the only option is to go for Doncaster's (let's be charitable & call it -) incompetence as a Director in line with the legal opinion in our report.

We can't achieve anything via the governing body so where else for us to go?

If we don't go legal we've licked our wounds and retired from the battlefield for now IMO.

As I said on another thread all the years of it being a 2 horse race have brought this.

Other clubs don't care about winning anything. Teams are happy with a semi-final or just a round against us in a cup.

The board said the status quo is no longer acceptable and the status quo is Celtic winning and no other team giving a shit.

Seems to me that the only option is to go for Doncaster's (let's be charitable & call it -) incompetence as a Director in line with the legal opinion in our report.

We can't achieve anything via the governing body so where else for us to go?

If we don't go legal we've licked our wounds and retired from the battlefield for now IMO.
Doncaster going won’t be enough

I am reasonably confident that things are going on in the background no inside info just a feeling
I think they might be sitting and waiting and watching, Way I see it SPFL have called the league because of current situation, but by declaring season over should mean it is done completely not to try to cram in 3 games to finish cup and giving that lot a treble.
One of the main things that was being said for calling the league is that teams would not have players to complete season because loan signings going back to parent clubs, well that should also be applicable to Scottish cup because these teams would be at a disadvantage with their loan signings returning to parent clubs, everything reeks of trying to get a treble to that manky mob.
I also think if 3 games can be crammed in before a new season starts I think Brora and Kelty should get their playoffs because not fair teams like Hearts, Stranraer and Thistle go down, and Brechin remain in the league while finishing bottom of 42 teams. I think that's what Rangers will be monitoring because you cannot say you are calling season where people lose out but try to complete a cup competition to appease one team.

Not sure we will hear anything soon if at all.

Doncaster and co are untouchable at this moment not really much that can be done unless we have something going on in the background. I doubt we have and this will be forgotten about.

I think this battle was well and truly lost. The war rages on. How that pans out is anyone's guess.

The board will come in for criticism and rightly so, you can't come out and demand people be suspended and make other comments about 'not being found wanting' if you can't follow it through.

Hopefully we can get rid of these guys in the future but cant see that happening anytime soon.

The battles %^*& all lost.

What makes you doubt nothing’s going on in the background?

If there’s nothing going on in the background then fine (not really fine for me but I’m sure there is a legal reason for not carrying on legally). Let us know. They don’t have to use the official web site. It let us know through club 1872, Heart and Hand, 4lads etc. Its not like the SPFL lawyers wouldn’t know anyway. Either with official contact or just through the grapevine that something was coming.

Equally. If it’s not over and things are going on in the background, use the same channels. Don’t have to say what it is. Just that it’s not over.

There’s no way Doncaster is sitting just now thinking he’s ok. Thats the only thing I can think of that the club are doing that they can’t let us know. Let the clown make the next move. Let him do something. You seen the mess he made in the two weeks before the EGM. That vote would have been much better for him if he just shut up.

After typing all that. I now don’t know what I want. Keep quiet. Let them stew or come out blazing with statements every two days!!

Last statement was that the status quo was not an option so we must be working away in the background. Can’t see us just accepting this with the amount of blatant corruption involved but wary that things might take time and we can’t just release pointless statements to keep everyone happy.

I don’t think we will till Hertz make their play or not

Said a few weeks ago that after much nashing of teeth and faux rage it will be business as usual next season ( when ever next season starts ).

If theres not a 99.9% chance of winning in court then I dont want the club wasting money. Something we cant really be doing.

It could be a huge bill with us paying costs. My experience with lawyers, is to plead guilty when your playing a losing hand.

Btw, I'm not saying rangers are guilty of anything. Relegated clubs are the ones with a good chance in a court case. If they were to abandon the league, then current positions would go into europe, so financially we're losing nothing.

If theres not a 99.9% chance of winning in court then I dont want the club wasting money. Something we cant really be doing.

It could be a huge bill with us paying costs. My experience with lawyers, is to plead guilty when your playing a losing hand.

Btw, I'm not saying Rangers are guilty of anything. Relegated clubs are the ones with a good chance in a court case. If they were to abandon the league, then current positions would go into europe, so financially we're losing nothing.
How much money are we missing out on by doing nothing?

Until these rats are removed, we simply cannot compete.

I'd rather we had a go at them through the courts, it's better than accepting we're never allowed to play in the Champions League again.

How much money are we missing out on by doing nothing?

Until these rats are removed, we simply cannot compete.

I'd rather we had a go at them through the courts, it's better than accepting we're never allowed to play in the Champions League again.

The clubs being shafted because the political climate in this country is stacked against us, that's down to us not the club. I doubt very much we would win in a court where the bottom line is, the decisions been voted through, wether we agree with it or not.

If rangers go to court and say, we dont want them getting the title, then we'll be laughed out the building.

Hard to hear, but just a fact.

The clubs being shafted because the political climate in this country is stacked against us, that's down to us not the club. I doubt very much we would win in a court where the bottom line is, the decisions been voted through, wether we agree with it or not.

If Rangers go to court and say, we dont want them getting the title, then we'll be laughed out the building.

Hard to hear, but just a fact.
It's not about the title though.
Clubs were threatened.
They declared a result of the vote then had a club go back and change their vote.
There is evidence of the Chief Exec phoning clubs about how the vote was going prior to the deadline.
There were 6 ways to end the season, they refused to allow clubs a vote on any other possibility.
They deliberately withheld information of a potential £10m liability.

I have never once stated we should do anything about them being given a league title.
I have said all along that their process of reaching that result is what we should be going after.

This league is gone, no matter what we do now.
Every title in future will be theirs too until we fight the corruption.
We're not playing in a competition we can win simply by being better at football.

Btw, I'm not saying Rangers are guilty of anything. Relegated clubs are the ones with a good chance in a court case. If they were to abandon the league, then current positions would go into europe, so financially we're losing nothing.
But we don’t have a losing hand - with all the evidence in our report there is enough there to demonstrate incompetence and the fact that good corporate governance was not adhered to.

Its not about what club lost the most or them getting the title. It’s about who has got the strength and power to take on the SPFL and bring them down.

There is only one club big enough for that and we must do it or accept years of this continued corruption.

It's not about the title though.
Clubs were threatened.
They declared a result of the vote then had a club go back and change their vote.
There is evidence of the Chief Exec phoning clubs about how the vote was going prior to the deadline.
There were 6 ways to end the season, they refused to allow clubs a vote on any other possibility.
They deliberately withheld information of a potential £10m liability.

I have never once stated we should do anything about them being given a league title.
I have said all along that their process of reaching that result is what we should be going after.

This league is gone, no matter what we do now.
Every title in future will be theirs too until we fight the corruption.
We're not playing in a competition we can win simply by being better at football.
I agree with you. I dont think others are the same mind as yourself. Sorry if I picked you up wrong. Yes, I'm happy to go along with that

I really dont see a way out of this. If around 30 clubs are willing to sit back and allow lies amd corruption to go on then how do we go on from here. What action is open to us?
I do think the club at lease need to come out and tell the fans that they are ether going to accept it or are they going to fight this down another route.
unfortunatly for our Directors they have inherrited a 20 year problem caused by SDm and his chums where by they stood back and kept a dignified silence while they loaded their placemen into positions of power.
Breaking this web down will not be easy and be done overnight.
Your second sentence is what I am still bewildered with. Over half our clubs have just witnessed a rigged vote and shrugged their shoulders. The media have also buried it very very quickly. How the SPFL rabble all still have jobs is astonishing. I am not one for conspiracy stuff but this has I admit opened my eyes big time. Still unsure as to what we can do about it. Hearts and Patrick and Stranrearare the ones will the immediate issue. Ours is more the long term cleaning of our governing body. BIt if they have just walked away without so much as a bloody nose from the recent debacle I am not sure what we can do legal or otherwise!

I agree with you. I dont think others are the same mind as yourself. Sorry if I picked you up wrong. Yes, I'm happy to go along with that
Not at all mate.
There's far too much focus on their 8 and a vote, which is exactly how they want it to be.

The filth and their media whores have sought a narrative since day one that it's Rangers v The SPFL, an attempt to deny the gift of a title, sour grapes from us.

It's pure deflection in an attempt to avoid anyone looking under the bonnet.

I can't see anything happening right now. But the club have made it clear (to me anyway) that they are standing up to the SPFL and the SFA, are watching their every move and are taking no more shit.

We have the put the big floodlights on them and they know it. I think that the board are waiting to see what happens over the next few weeks.

I would not be surprised if Doncaster is thrown under the bus soon by his own cronies to take the heat without Rangers having to do much.

New opportunities, thank him for his service blah de blah. Mibbe Lawwell will give him a job at Septic Park as he is too busy trying to get his nose into UEFA.

After we asked for the independant investigation the club rightly sat back and watched the spfl and member corrupt clubs squirm and blame each other. They panicked because they aren't used to Rangers standing up for ourselves.

The footballing authorities will be sh*tting themselves the longer we say nothing.

There is no chance of us showing our hand and we will be working away behind the scenes to do the right thing.

We've been shafted for the last 10 years so if we are in this fight for the long haul then so be it , so let's get behind the club instead of booting them in the balls when we don't know what's happening.

I don't know how the courts are working for now but I expect it's at a greatly reduced capacity. I'm still hopeful we haven't gave up. We need to be fighting off the field as well as on it for fairness.

Back