Hearts clear out

What Naisy has in his favour is that the poets hate him and he gets in about them and could be a match winner against them. Downside is his injuries.

There is nobody at Hearts worth considering.
There players have left them at the bottom of the league.
We do want to win a league.
We lack winners as it is.

What Naisy has in his favour is that the poets hate him and he gets in about them and could be a match winner against them. Downside is his injuries.
So we have him for 4 games,and thats if he s not injured.
You might find he now retires or at the latest next summer.

Can't see them getting much as he is terrible. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen someone so out their depth as he was on numerous games v us.

He lives off that goal against Hibs. He's a youth player that is nowhere near ready for the first team. It's not just against us if you watch a lot of the goals Hearts have conceded he's been at fault for lots of them.

They were bottom of the league for a reason.

Other than maybe Hickey (and I’m not overly convinced by him) they have no one we should even consider. Injuries have caught up on Naismith - he’s done.

Souttar makes too many mistakes... been waiting for him to mature and cut them out of his game for far too long now. His errors were a large part of the reason Hearts are where they are. He'd get crucified for his rash mistakes if he was a rangers player.

Naismith - tin hat on - would be a job for us off the bench, and in certain circumstances where we needs a different option to alfie.

Hickey would cost a lot - probably not worth it right now, as he's development project.

Last edited:
Regardless of your personal opinion of Naismith his injuries have crippled him if he signed he would play a handful of games at best then be out the rest of the season with knee problems non starter

Hearts might only play one match before January - they don’t need players in that case.

They should sell everyone over 18.

Im not going to be popular but Naismith for one year would help our push. I don't care if he's a rat, he's a good player and would have something to prove.
Understand why you say that and definitely gets under there skin but I couldn’t stomach it. He would just be using us, the club mean nothing to him.

What if Naismith signed a pay as you play deal?

I'm not advocating it btw. It took me a long time to even be able to watch the Everton games on Match of the Day after he left.

He was like a man possessed v us though and could be useful off the bench in certain games.

hickey is 17 lol how much have you watched him?

Of course it’s a small sample size and the kid is young and could well go on to be a good player but anytime I’ve watched him play which would have been against us on a number of occasions last year and in some other games I haven’t been overly impressed.

Just not really seeing the hype around him yet is my point.

Just to be clear I do not know enough about Naismith's fitness (present or long term) to make a judgement on signing him. I suspect he is finished and it would be a backward step to bring him in.
However I will say that standing at Tynecastle at that wretched Saturday evening cup tie and comparing his constant cajoling and encouragement of his team mates - (and his constant protests against every unfavourable refereeing decision) - with our "captain's" disappearing act was nothing short of embarrassing.
Naismith's age, fitness and history may well make him unsuitable for us but by God we need a few of his ilk if we're going to win this league.

I'm not advocating it btw. It took me a long time to even be able to watch the Everton games on Match of the Day after he left.

He was like a man possessed v us though and could be useful off the bench in certain games.

That not the standard mentality of players at these clubs they raise their game against us?

If we were to be serious then where does he fit in to the style of play Gerrard likes to play? We have Hagi and Aribo for the number 10 spot so he doesn't fit in there. He has no pace now either so doesn't fill either side of the attacking positions to allow us to counter so it only leaves him with as another striking option.

The guy has done nothing in the last few years to be considered as a signing. Too many people will expect him to be the player he was before he left which he is nowhere near now. Throw in the injuries as well even as a pay as you play deal he shouldn't be given the opportunity to pull the jersey on again.

It's not the 70's. No player or agent is going to agree to a pay as you play deal in this day and age.

Some people have played too much football manager during this lockdown

Consider yourself shot down he was truly abysmal in the league game Vs us and I think was at fault for at least 2 of our goals...he would be in our youth setup and is nowhere near Tav at his worst (at this moment in time)

Our opinions differ ,I have no problem with that pal .

If hearts drop out do the scum get a bye or would we be reinstated? Doesnt seem like rules count anymore so why not lol

Back