Hearts clear out

The next phase is move the SC too the front of the list of priority at the same time as stoping the transfer window (wheels already in motion)

I feel for the players that are going to be let go at the end of their contracts but let’s be honest, none of them are going to walk into a Scottish Premiership first team. Any of their assets will command some sort of fee, and the highly rated ones like Souttar, Hickey and Cochrane wouldn’t strengthen our chances of winning the league. Souttar has had a number of injury lay offs throughout his career so far.

That not the standard mentality of players at these clubs they raise their game against us?

If we were to be serious then where does he fit in to the style of play Gerrard likes to play? We have Hagi and Aribo for the number 10 spot so he doesn't fit in there. He has no pace now either so doesn't fill either side of the attacking positions to allow us to counter so it only leaves him with as another striking option.

The guy has done nothing in the last few years to be considered as a signing. Too many people will expect him to be the player he was before he left which he is nowhere near now. Throw in the injuries as well even as a pay as you play deal he shouldn't be given the opportunity to pull the jersey on again.

I'm not advocating it as I said. Just a lot of people seemed to be saying he wouldn't last a season so, if that's the only reason, then I offered an alternative.

I'd rather crawl over broken bottles in the skud tbh

It’s sickening that so many are willing to drop our standards. Not only has he burned his bridges but he is nowhere near the level of player required.

If we signed Naismith I would genuinely consider chucking it. It would be a total slap on the face to fans that stood by the club.

Also, poster username is David Murray. Fancy that.

The only player Hearts have worth having in terms of a signing is Naismith. And although he done wrong he gives us without doubt a better chance in these games Gerrard can’t win domestically.

Our support would rather bite their nose of to spite their face though.

Soutter is horrendous defensively and Hickey is extremely overrated.

Cochrane May have a project in him but that’s not what we need right now.

For all those saying his injuries have finished him (which is partly true), Naismith bossed both Hearts victories against us this year.

I'm not advocating it as I said. Just a lot of people seemed to be saying he wouldn't last a season so, if that's the only reason, then I offered an alternative.

I know that. My point was on the whole for those who want him back where does he actually fit in and what does he offer cause for me he's done and he has been for 2-3 years now.

If hearts drop out do the scum get a bye or would we be reinstated? Doesnt seem like rules count anymore so why not lol

Only if we could prove, in retrospect, that they had fielded an ineligible player - now that's the sort of thing that would work for some teams ! :rolleyes:

Not even close imo mate. Tavs playing at Europa League level whereas Hickey has lost goals v us where he literally hasn't known where Morelos was.

He positional awareness is one of his poorest attributes imo. Certainly in the games against us.

He also go caught for a goal v us at Ibrox by dallying on the ball either last season or one before.

He's lucky to even be mentioned as playing the same sport as Tav.

He could develop but if you compare him to a Stevie Smith or an Alan Hutton as they broke through, he isn't the level required.
Based on 2 or 3 games against us? Wish i had your ability to spot a player.

Hickey is decent.

Part of a Hearts team that beat us twice and drew once at Tynecastle last season.

Would not look out of place at Ibrox.

We don't want any of them, especially if they want a fee. Their players would not improve our squad. They were bottom of the league for a reason.

The talk of Naismith is painful, the judas rat is not the player he was years ago before he f*cked us over, the last thing we need is a high earner who will be sitting on the sidelines half the season.

Hickey isn't worth the money on potential alone at his age to us.

The boy looks utterly out of his depth in first team football.

Asking to pay £2m+ on the basis he might be ready in 2/3 years time is a hell of a risk to us.
Correct he is all potential and has had howlers playing against us if we are paying more than a million for an SPFL based player they need to be ready to play for us when the sign not in a few years time

Hickey is decent.

Part of a Hearts team that beat us twice and drew once at Tynecastle last season.

Would not look out of place at Ibrox.

And part of a Hearts team that got ragdolled at Ibrox where he was at fault for at least 2 of the goals they conceded and Hampden where Kent ran him ragged all afternoon.

He didnt play in the league victory and in the first game where we drew he was out of position the full first half Barisic had the freedom of that entire side the full first half. He got moved to left back in the 2nd half.

The talk of Naismith is painful, the judas rat is not the player he was years ago before he f*cked us over, the last thing we need is a high earner who will be sitting on the sidelines half the season.
What we DO need is a Naismith type.

We don't have enough dig or will to win in the team - performances against Hearts and others proved that.

We need a moaner, a guy who gets in people's faces and won't accept lying down to the opposition.

Scottish Cup simply cannot continue if the season is officially ended and one of the remaining teams has literally just released all of their squad.

Only the most shameless would push for it to be continued...
The SFA said it will be played, even if it’s next year.

Naismith on a free and low wage would be a good back up signing IF his fitness could be guaranteed, which it cannot. A consumate pro and a winner that knows how to beat the filth.
Could've been the difference last season. We were bringing on Barker to try to turn games. I know who I'd rather have.
And of course I understand why some say never, but I personally think he made a mistake he deeply regrets. We all do that at some point in our lives.

What we DO need is a Naismith type.

We don't have enough dig or will to win in the team - performances against Hearts and others proved that.

We need a moaner, a guy who gets in people's faces and won't accept lying down to the opposition.
Like Lewis Ferguson? I have read the criticisms of him on here about how he kicked McGregor etc. I watched Colin Stein put a right hook on Alex Ferguson’s chin in front of the old Shed and nearly caused a riot. Exactly 12 months later he was ‘one of us’ and became a legend. I saw Ian Ferguson kick lumps out of Souness at Love Street. Again 12 months later he was ours and became one of our most decorated players. Lewis is at the same stage of his career as the other two.

Looking at that squad, it’s no wonder they were bottom, it was a total embarrassment to lose to them twice, and there’s not one I would take.

It's absolutely mental that people are saying they'd take Naismith but a promising 18 year old isn't Rangers class.

Like Lewis Ferguson? I have read the criticisms of him on here about how he kicked McGregor etc. I watched Colin Stein put a right hook on Alex Ferguson’s chin in front of the old Shed and nearly caused a riot. Exactly 12 months later he was ‘one of us’ and became a legend. I saw Ian Ferguson kick lumps out of Souness at Love Street. Again 12 months later he was ours and became one of our most decorated players. Lewis is at the same stage of his career as the other two.
Yeah I’m starting to warm to L Ferguson. Seen a rumour on twitter that we have put feelers out for Kenny McLean as well. I would be happy with either

Hickey looked decent when he broke into the Hearts team. but burned out due to over use.

Hearts will want plenty so I'm out.

Back