Scott McKenna to Celtic “Probable”

I know most people disagree, but I reckon there's a lot to work with when it comes to McKenna. Naturally left footed and decent on the ball, which instantly raises the price of a centre half these days. Strong in the air, a threat at set pieces, physically big.

He might not improve much, in which case he'd be a waste of money for that lot, but they're in a position where they can take a risk that way. I don't think he's ever going to be brilliant as such, but I don't agree that he's the utter diddy many make out.

Hopefully everyone else is right and they spend a fortune on him and he fails.

McKenna is big, slow, one-footed. Aberdeen will be lucky to get a lot for him. They should have grabbed Villa’s offer of £6M two years ago. His hamstrings are dodgy. I do hope he goes to Celtic. He makes Steve McManus look like Beckenbauer.

He'll be good for them for set-pieces but on the ball and his footwork in general is awful which is ideal. He reminds me of Goian in that he always looks off-balance. Terrible signing.

That’s the biggest example of why continuing the Cup is inane.
He has to play for the sheep, he doesn’t play well, he makes the critical mistake, he’ll forever have the question hanging over him.
He plays well for the sheep and wins the cup, he’ll be hated by them.
Even Charlie Nicholas was slated when he scored the penalty in the game before his move.
He cannot play for septic in this game as he’s cup tied.

he won’t play at all. He would just be left out the sheep squad. They will be happy to sign McKenna, hickey etc if it means they weaken the other teams so much it guarentees the treble run continues and now we are out the cup they can pretty much buy the cup . The other 3 teams have much bigger worries than winning the cup. they will win it . Aberdeen will accept 2 million for McKenna now they need the money and hearts will be lucky to get 500k for hickey if they get demoted. 2.5 million to win a treble . That’s what lawell will call a great deal

They're going to fall apart this summer.

Edouard, Ajer and Ntcham will be off, they won't be able to afford to keep Forster or Elyounoussi either. McKenna and Hickey in at best.

So far we've brought in Hagi and we don't look like losing anyone. And our business has just got started.

Bring on 2020/21.

eduord is going nowhere this summer unless they get stupid money. Let’s not kid ourselves

They're going to fall apart this summer.

Edouard, Ajer and Ntcham will be off, they won't be able to afford to keep Forster or Elyounoussi either. McKenna and Hickey in at best.

So far we've brought in Hagi and we don't look like losing anyone. And our business has just got started.

Bring on 2020/21.

To be fair man we said all this last summer and they were ridiculously consistent all season.

Hiring Lennon then the nonsense with Turnbull made them a laughing stock as well as selling Tierney had us all thinking they were going to fall to pieces.

It didn't happen last season and I can't see it happening next season either unfortunately.

McKenna is big, slow, one-footed. Aberdeen will be lucky to get a lot for him. They should have grabbed Villa’s offer of £6M two years ago. His hamstrings are dodgy. I do hope he goes to Celtic. He makes Steve McManus look like Beckenbauer.

He's not that slow and better than made out on here.

I certainly wouldn't swap Helander or Goldson for him, but he's definitely a better and more aggressive central defender than Ajer.

I know most people disagree, but I reckon there's a lot to work with when it comes to McKenna. Naturally left footed and decent on the ball, which instantly raises the price of a centre half these days. Strong in the air, a threat at set pieces, physically big.

He might not improve much, in which case he'd be a waste of money for that lot, but they're in a position where they can take a risk that way. I don't think he's ever going to be brilliant as such, but I don't agree that he's the utter diddy many make out.

While i agree he has some decent attributes I would say hes far from 'decent on the ball'.

To be fair man we said all this last summer and they were ridiculously consistent all season.

Hiring Lennon then the nonsense with Turnbull made them a laughing stock as well as selling Tierney had us all thinking they were going to fall to pieces.

It didn't happen last season and I can't see it happening next season either unfortunately.

Our assumption should be that they will be even stronger than this season.

If they're not, that's a bonus, but the management team and players should have that target as the one to meet (and I imagine that's how they're looking at it).

No matter how shite McKenna is, his thuggery will just now be more obvious with the obligatory free pass from intimidated refs, guaranteed.

I’d be delighted if they signed McKenna and Hickey. Turnbull would be another that would struggle to improve them in my view. Hopefully that’s what’s happening!

While i agree he has some decent attributes I would say hes far from 'decent on the ball'.

I think he's decent that way. One issue at Aberdeen is that he's only ever asked to launch a long ball out wide right to Cosgrove or Main peeling off onto the full back.

I'm not saying great, just decent.

What's annoying is they will get him cheaper as Aberdeen have already stated they have high monthly costs that their directors or whoever else are plugging.
That’s the biggest example of why continuing the Cup is inane.
He has to play for the sheep, he doesn’t play well, he makes the critical mistake, he’ll forever have the question hanging over him.
He plays well for the sheep and wins the cup, he’ll be hated by them.
Even Charlie Nicholas was slated when he scored the penalty in the game before his move.
He cannot play for septic in this game as he’s cup tied.
Hmm as if he would.
consummate professional and all that.

He's not all that good but equally he's not the Efe Ambrose some are making him out to be, if he was then it hardly says a lot about us, considering how often we've struggled against Aberdeen.

I won't be too upset if he goes there.

Turnbull though, we should definitely be rivalling them for. Far better player than Lewis Ferguson. The boy looks a player.

He's not all that good but equally he's not the Efe Ambrose some are making him out to be, if he was then it hardly says a lot about us, considering how often we've struggled against Aberdeen.

I won't be too upset if he goes there.

Turnbull though, we should definitely be rivalling them for. Far better player than Lewis Ferguson. The boy looks a player.

I certainly don't want us to sign Lewis Ferguson.

But I don't think Turnbull is that great either. He scored some cracking goals, but the rest of his game wasn't that good. I don't think Gerrard would particularly take to him, in a similar way to Docherty.

I certainly don't want us to sign Lewis Ferguson.

But I don't think Turnbull is that great either. He scored some cracking goals, but the rest of his game wasn't that good. I don't think Gerrard would particularly take to him, in a similar way to Docherty.

He's a better player than Docherty, he has the same energy but an end product to it.

At a young age he's already shown a knack for scoring goals and that's something we lack from midfield. A few years under Gerrard could see him take his game on to the next level.

Think he’s very poor on the ball tbh.

I met him in a restaurant last year it took me ages to work out who he was he is no where near the unit he looks on tv.

a downgrade on their current options but let’s not kid ourselves Against the Livi and motherwells he’s ideal.

now i have to confess i don't see much of Celtics game unless on TV or playing us ... but surely Simonovic who they have just let go is better than McKenna?

anytime i have seen McKenna he looks like a throw back to a 1980s defender - and not a good one at that.

hopefully they pay the guts of 7m for him :)

now i have to confess i don't see much of Celtics game unless on TV or playing us ... but surely Simonovic who they have just let go is better than McKenna?

anytime i have seen McKenna he looks like a throw back to a 1980s defender - and not a good one at that.

hopefully they pay the guts of 7m for him :)

Simonovic never seems to be fit though.

The sheep will give them McKenna at a cut price fee now unfortunately. Not a chance they’ll get near the £7 million that was initially offered by Aston Villa. Bet they are kicking themselves now. Oh what a shame.

He's a better player than Docherty, he has the same energy but an end product to it.

At a young age he's already shown a knack for scoring goals being injured and that's something we lack from midfield. A few years under Gerrard could see him take his game on to the next level.
Fixed that for you.

Hope so, he’s muck.
Suited to camping on the 18 yard line not bringing the ball forward.
But, he won’t be penalised as often playing for them.

why do you think that mate ?

First and foremost they're a better team than us, but generally they find it easier to accommodate other Scottish players from smaller clubs into their team because they have guys around them who have course and distance form in title campaigns and cup runs. We don't, which is why we're lagging behind and guys like *deep breath* Jones, Barker, Kamara, Stewart, Hastie and Docherty have been either good to okay, average or just plain awful.

Back