Your first game at Ibrox, against who and score?

top_cat

Official Ticketer
Me,
22 September 1984Greenock MortonH2–016,995McCoist, Fraser
I remember my Aunt who was looking after me that day protesting that I didn't go :D
I can't recollect anything about the game other than we won, I was in the West Enclosure.
Still a wean, what about you?

Mine was actually for Scotland v Germany 1993 which we lost 1 - 0 and Voller scored the winner.

I think my first Rangers match was the 1 - 1 draw with Feyenoord

Earliest memory is of sitting on my dad’s shoulders on the terracing but I can’t recall anything else about it. Earliest memory of a particular game is March 1975, versus St. Johnstone at Ibrox. It was Colin Stein’s first game after resigning from Coventry. We won 1-0 (Cutty Young) and the attendance was 45,000.

Dunfermline 1967, lost 0-1. I had to wait to the following week to see Rangers win beating Stirling Albion 1-0 at Annfield.

Rangers 1 Hibs 0 December 1997. Negri penalty saved and put in the rebound. That first time Ibrox came in to view will live with me forever

Not the greatest of debuts for me unfortunately.

22 March 1997KilmarnockH1–250,036Durie

We had just beaten Celt*c 1-0 at the Piggery the week before aswell.

Sadly I do not remember mine :-( for years I also thought my first ever Rangers game was v the scum in the League Cup Final in 1982. I always remember thinking my second ever game as Scottish Cup Semi Final v Forfar. As I found out Forfar was about 8 months earlier.

Rangers v Aberdeen 1980/81 we lost 1-0 steve archibald goal in 86th minute...gutted does not begin to describe my feelings as a kid lol

1 March 1961. Scottish Cup Replay. I was one of 90,000 at Ibrox for:

Rangers 2 Motherwell 5

I was only 5 and it would be another 8 years before I became a regular attender at Rangers games.

I remember getting a team photo and getting hit on the head by a pie thrown from the back of the Copland Road end. :oops: I was down at the wall by the old scoreboard bit. Not much else.

Last edited:
January 1982. Around my 12th birthday.

Beat Dundee Utd 2 nil.

Goals from Davie Cooper and Gordon Dalziel :eek: .

It's funny, I remember it like yesterday, going to Ibrox with my mates, I just don't really remember the game itself.

Cannot remember :( but do remember my Dad's "bit" of Ibrox was the West Enclosure and recall being sat on the white wall about half way down ,then later sitting on red crash barrier.

It was 1995 or 96, it was against Motherwell and i'm sure we won 4 or 5-0 maybe someone can tell me what game this may have been? Was 100% one of those 2 years.

Against East Fife. 70s. Aged about 7. Big Brother took me there. Probably without my da’s knowledge. Loved it in the Derry.

v Hibs at Ibrox in 1971. 1-1.

John Greig scored for us in the first half and Joe Baker equalised for Hibs in the second half.

Disappointing result but I loved every minute.

I have programmes from 1984 but I don't know if any of them were my first game. I'd need to ask my dad. I would've been 7/8 and I just can't remember.

I think it was around 1987, a 2-0 win over Dundee. I was 8 years old and dont remember anything about the game other than the final score and sitting on the wall in the east enclosure

Beat Hibs 2-1 Stevens Hateley 93.Was two obviously can’t remember anything bar watching 9IAR DVDs 100x

Cant remember 1st game but do remember visiting my sister who lives in Middleton Street the day after Souness arrived . As we passed the front door he was coming out his car and I got a great photo with him which I got framed. Wish I still had it.

Saturday 1st October 1994, Vs Dundee United. My Dad took me and as a young Bear of 5 going to Ibrox for the first time was exciting but also daunting with the large crowds. We won 2-0 Hateley and Laudrup scored the goals, Also Mark Hateley missed a penalty.That was the very start of me attending Ibrox and I’ve never looked back.

Think it was 1969. Rangers beat Queens Park 2-0. Gerry Neef had to go off. Someone stood on his hand. Colin Stein took over in goal. Denis Setterington scored one of the goals. Glasgow Cup tie

scottish cup replay against Stjohnstone, after Ian Redford R.I.P. had eaqualised in the last minute at Muirton park when Super Ally scored twice against us in Perth 1981 3-3
we won comfartably at Ibrox

Ayr United 0-0. First game. Aged 7. Loved the whole day with my Dad. John Greig was immense. Loved the stadium, atmosphere and the fans. Never looked back and never in doubt I would follow in the foot steps

Back