Your first game at Ibrox, against who and score?

Was buzzing to see my hero Andy Goram but when team was announced Colin Scott was in goals, he also miss my second game due to injury.

23 March 1996FalkirkH3–246,014Andersen (2)Gascoigne

My 1st trip was against Dortmund in UEFA cup in September 1982. We won 2-0 with goals by Coops and DJ. I missed the 1st goal as my dad sent me down for the pies

Maybe older bears can help me out here. My dad took me to 2 games but can't remember which was first.
Friendly v bordeuax and v Motherwell.
I think coisty scored v bordeuax.
Was goalless v well and we left to avoid traffic, thankfully missed well winner.
At a guess would've been in 85

If the Motherwell game I'm thinking about it came about circa Nov 1986 (Souness' first season) we bombarded them all game only for Ray Farthingham? to score with two minutes to go.

In the second Ibrox fixture against them in March 87, it was almost deja blue, with us attacking all game but it took a last minute goal from Ally McCoist to win us the points.

Was a Rangers v Celtic reserve game, I think. Sure it finished 2-2. Gattuso scored in it.

circa 1998.

If the Motherwell game I'm thinking about it came about circa Nov 1986 (Souness' first season) we bombarded them all game only for Ray Farthingham? to score with two minutes to go.

In the second Ibrox fixture against them in March 87, it was almost deja blue, with us attacking all game but it took a last minute goal from Ally McCoist to win us the points.
Cheers bud, would tie in with late winner, also November sounds right as it was dark and i think rainy when we left.

Me,
22 September 1984Greenock MortonH2–016,995McCoist, Fraser
I remember my Aunt who was looking after me that day protesting that I didn't go :D
I can't recollect anything about the game other than we won, I was in the West Enclosure.
Still a wean, what about you?
4th April 1958 5-0 v Aberdeen Max Murray hat trick and Ralph Brand the other 2.

Cheers bud, would tie in with late winner, also November sounds right as it was dark and i think rainy when we left.

I think Souness in particular kicked up a stink about M'Well's tactics that day.

But they invited us to bombard them and couldn't take advantage. They go up the park one time and score.

I hated that goal, but all teams suffer the positive and negative of that scenario.

1st March 1986 beat Hibs 3-1 with Mccoist hat trick begged my Dad to take me for my birthday I turned 7 on the 2nd.

Still vivid in my memory is the sea of red white and blue everywhere heading towards the stadium, even now I still get that wee buzz walking up to and inside stadium, even tho I have been 100s times it never leaves you.

Noticed a lot of games since then that people say was first game they were at and games I attended.

What a special club and support we have.

6-0 vs St Johnstone 1991/92 season. Mo Johnston scored a penalty on the 21st minute. Played them again on the opening day of the season 92/93 and expected to tank them again. Won 1-0.

I'm sure M'well took the lead that night in two mins or so (McCabe?) John Fallon, bitter yahoo, let a trundler in to get us back in the game, I'm sure.

Think you're right.

I might be wrong but I'm sure Tam Forsyth had a great game for them in midfield that night.

WATP

17th April v Partick Thistle won 4-1 Davy Wilson(4).

It was from then on I started following Rangers and although Wilson scored a lot more the one I remember most was V Third Lanark whe due to a large crowd many of us were sitting on the pitch behind the goals and Davy ran into me when he scored.

18th Feb, 1989.

Rangers 8v0 Stranraer.

Drinkell, McCoist, Brown scores doubles. Walters and Fergie the others. McCoist missed a penalty.

Sept 93 was 8 year old. Beat Hibs 2-1 at Ibrox, Hately and Trevor Steven scored. A think Michael ONeil scored a peach for Hibs and remember Trevor Steven scored a great goal for us and big mark with a header.

Rangers v Steaua Bucharest pre season friendly 1995. No idea the score but know Gazza scored and done a certain celebration.

Cologne, October 1982, my dads mate took me, sadly passed last year

Won 2-1 Johnstone and Mclelland scored. Got pumped 5-0 in 2nd leg

November 1988, Hamilton Accies at Ibrox. Gers won 3-1, after Accies took the lead if I recall.
I was at that game, was 15, I remember being in the Govan that day, singing the BB at the top of my voice and an older guy a few rows in front of me glaring at me, no idea why tbh.

1974 Rangers 3 - 1 Dundee United our first ever game on a Sunday ( I think) We we’re beat the week before 0-3 with Dundee in the Scottish cup with an attendance of over 64.000

Last edited:
22 January 1977Heart of MidlothianH3–220,966MacDonald (2), Johnstone

When I was 6 Derek Parlane donated a bunch of tickets to my primary school in Rhu and we got it as a school trip! :D I just remember it being freezing.

Rangers v Chelsea. We won 3-2. Valentines Day in 1986. My old man obviously had his priorities right, and I’ve been in love ever since!

28th April 1973 Rangers v East Fife 2-0 Young & Conn coming from West Lothian I had seen the Gers at Tynecastle plus my dad knew Wilson Wood who moved from Rangers to Hearts so tickets were no problem

January 1973, main stand with my Dad

Rangers 1 Ajax 3

Saw Cryuff, the Cup Winners Cup, the European Cup and the World Club championship trophy on parade before the game

March 10th 1956 beat Falkirk 4-0. I actually got lost and ended up watching most of the game in the small room above the tunnel. Always remember my dad walking round the track to collect me. Outside the main door he told me don’t tell your mother of course I blabbed I was only 6. Must have been barred after that the next memories of being back at Ibrox with him were 1959.

Back