Premier league players to wear black lives matters on back of shirts as season resumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd put that down to it being 1am after a Friday beer, be a bit more balanced tomorrow. I don't see how it advances the debate...what does 3 letters actually mean to the global audience who will see it. Great opportunity to highlight the racism faced by black players, the likes of Regis, Fashanu, Chamberlain, Walters paving the way. How much society has improved and football has improved and we are going to do X y z to help...nah 3 letters on a shirt. It's lazy and only got Corporate intentions and pound notes at heart
It's obvious corporate virtue signalling, yes.

That doesn't mean the message itself isn't important.

I'm not being unbalanced at all and I haven't had a drop, don't be so pompous mate.

When people are blatantly feeding into it, how can we not be on some level?
You're a fùcking troll.

We have a black captain.
We have the most racially abused player in Scotland right now who is idolised by our support.
We had the most racially abused player in Scottish football history, and our fans love the guy.
The filth have an actual convicted racist as their poster bhoy.

Again, we are not the problem.
I don't give a fùck what your mentally challenged pals think, any bit of actual evidence shows who has the problem with racism.
If people are too thick to see that, it's hardly our fault.

It shouldn't be one side or the other, that's the entire point.

If all lives matter, why do you take issue with "black lives matter" in response to an issue that faces black people specifically.

I'm not trying to patronise you but it really is that simple, there is no valid reason to be upset over this. It's the people that respond with all lives matter who heighten the tensions.

We need to defuse the situation.

Look at what will likely happen over the weekend, more protests, more vandalism, more cops being injured because they won't be in riot gear so as not to appear inflammatory.

Now if the above happens, how can any self respecting football fan up and down the country accept Black Live Matter being put on their shirts (whichever club they support) but they are seeing their Town or City smashed up by these same protesters that their club are supposed to be supporting.

You're a fùcking troll.

We have a black captain.
We have the most racially abused player in Scotland right now who is idolised by our support.
We had the most racially abused player in Scottish football history, and our fans love the guy.
The filth have an actual convicted racist as their poster bhoy.

Again, we are not the problem.
I don't give a fùck what your mentally challenged pals think, any bit of actual evidence shows who has the problem with racism.
If people are too thick to see that, it's hardly our fault.
Yet despite all of that here people are getting offended over black lives matter.

If you can't see how it's something for people to point at I have no idea what to say to you.

We need to defuse the situation.

Look at what will likely happen over the weekend, more protests, more vandalism, more cops being injured because they won't be in riot gear so as not to appear inflammatory.

Now if the above happens, how can any self respecting football fan up and down the country accept Black Live Matter being put on their shirts (whichever club they support) but they are seeing their Town or City smashed up by these same protesters that their club are supposed to be supporting.
This is a fair point but we're not going to diffuse the situation by disparaging the core message which is an undeniably good one. Riots wouldn't be happening right now if that wasn't going on.

I really don't feel strongly either way about it being on the back of shirts, it's quite annoying seeing people say some of the things that they are though.

Yet despite all of that here people are getting offended over black lives matter.

If you can't see how it's something for people to point at I have no idea what to say to you.
Nobody is offended.

As soon as you start to lie your argument is gone.

If all lives matter, why do you take issue with "black lives matter" in response to an issue that faces black people specifically.

I'm not trying to patronise you but it really is that simple, there is no valid reason to be upset over this. It's the people that respond with all lives matter who heighten the tensions.

When someone dies, like George Floyd or numerous white folk, why should it be defined as 'Black lives Matter'?

Why is it not described as 'All Lives Matter'? Why should it only be highlighted as Black?

It's obvious corporate virtue signalling, yes.

That doesn't mean the message itself isn't important.

I'm not being unbalanced at all and I haven't had a drop, don't be so pompous mate.
Haha steady I was on your side there
Have a re-read

What a non response that is.

You just don't want to put yourself in their shoes because it makes you uncomfortable.
Whit are you on about .
Do you know me ?
Are you making assumptions about Me ?
You gave an opinion .I acknowledged that .
Now you are trying to abuse other posters for having a differing opinion .
I'll give you a wee insight mate .I'm an older bear .I have DJ-d all over europe with Reggae Bands in the 1970s and 1980s . I D-J-d at the f Nottinghill Carnival in the late 1970s
I DJ-d and manned the sound systems for most of the ANL gigs in the early 1980s
I am well known in the Reggae and Soul scene .I am very much into civil rights and equality .
I have been very much involved in the Windrush events in Scotland .
I think the BLM is hijacked by Marxists .
You think your opinion on a faceless chatboard should be heard above others.
Zoomer .

QUOTE="Necro, post: 6234914, member: 5757"]

[/QUOTE]

Actually their is. BLM is a Marxist organization. It's like putting 'BNP' on the back of the shirt.

If you doubt it, take a wee gander at the BLM UK website.

Whit are you on about .
Do you know me ?
I'll give you a wee insight mate .I'm an older bear .I have DJ-d all over europe with Reggae Bands in the 1970s and 1980s . I D-J-d at the first Nottinghill Carnival
I am well known in the Reggae and Soul scene .I am very much into civil rights and equality .
Zoomer .
Not just hijacked. It's fundamentally Marxist.

This is a fair point but we're not going to diffuse the situation by disparaging the core message which is an undeniably good one. Riots wouldn't be happening right now if that wasn't going on.

I really don't feel strongly either way about it being on the back of shirts, it's quite annoying seeing people say some of the things that they are though.

Nobody has said anything remotely offensive on this thread. What I see is people like myself just seeing the next TV programme to be taken off Netflix or a statue being taken down for frivolous means in attempting to be non-offensive. and just asking - where does it end? It's complete nonsense.

If the protests last week had been peaceful, as is anybody's right in this country then fine. But it's the violence and vandalism that is being excused and we are likely to see more over this weekend. If we see more violence, then what happens?

Last edited:
Actually their is. BLM is a Marxist organization. It's like putting 'BNP' on the back of the shirt.

If you doubt it, take a wee gander at the BLM UK website.
I'm not going to disagree with you, the organisation is indeed politically motivated in many ways and I despise intersectionality.

The thing is, the only way it can exist is if the message itself is needed. Things need to change, people need to start being better in general. We will achieve nothing by taking issue with the message rather than an organisation specifically.

Whit are you on about .
Do you know me ?
I'll give you a wee insight mate .I'm an older bear .I have DJ-d all over europe with Reggae Bands in the 1970s and 1980s . I D-J-d at the f Nottinghill Carnival in the late 1970s
Zoomer .
"In your opinion" is typically perceived as "you're wrong but I can't be bothered to tell you why"

I'll apologise for the assumption but I still feel like you need to think about how people will interpret what you're saying in response to a protest.

You can dislike the political entity all you want, I do too. The message it's trying to hijack is still important

"All lives matter" can be construed as offensive in response to a protest on police brutality towards black people.

If you can't see why, it's best not to say anything at all.
Sorry mate but that's a complete attempt at silencing another's opinion. It's akin to saying "if you don't see my point of view you're a bad person"

The problem I think most people including myself have with this is

A) it's vacuous virtue signalling and pandering similar to politicians going to a brick factory and pretending to be interested in concrete whilst on the campaign trail.

B) the whole BLM movement is political not what it progresses to be for. Even these riots are born out of a false narrative. All the social media companies like insta, twitter, Facebook etc have been banning pictures of official DoJ and CDC figures showing unarmed shootings per per year by race etc and classifying them as hate speech.

It's Orwellian behaviour from a brainwashed generation.

Sorry mate but that's a complete attempt at silencing another's opinion. It's akin to saying "if you don't see my point of view you're a bad person"

The problem I think most people including myself have with this is

A) it's vacuous virtue signalling and pandering similar to politicians going to a brick factory and pretending to be interested in concrete whilst on the campaign trail.

B) the whole BLM movement is political not what it progresses to be for. Even these riots are born out of a false narrative. All the social media companies like insta, twitter, Facebook etc have been banning pictures of official DoJ and CDC figures showing unarmed shootings per per year by race etc and classifying them as hate speech.

It's Orwellian behaviour from a brainwashed generation.
I'm not attempting to silence anyone, say it if you want. Just don't be surprised when you annoy people.

A) sometimes, yes. That doesn't invalidate it though.

B) yes, that happens. Doesn't change the reality that there is also a lot of validity behind the message either though. Want to eliminate the political entity? Eliminate the need for it.

Let's disband the cops and see if necro will want to come out and play then, have my doubts. He just wants everybody else to attack them.

Seems he is right about everything and if you dont agree, then you are a racist stereotypical rangers fan. That's the kind of attitude that's causing anger amongst ordinary people who do no harm.

Vandalising churchill's statue show the mentality of these half wits. If he hadnt stood up against the nazis there would be no BLM or slavs for that matter, along with other races. They would be wiped from the earth.

Let's disband the cops and see if necro will want to come out and play then, have my doubts. He just wants everybody else to attack them.

Seems he is right about everything and if you dont agree, then you are a racist stereotypical Rangers fan. That's the kind of attitude that's causing anger amongst ordinary people who do no harm.

Vandalising churchill's statue show the mentality of these half wits. If he hadnt stood up against the nazis there would be no BLM or slavs for that matter, along with other races. They would be wiped from the earth.
It's very telling that you're attacking me rather than my arguments.

"In your opinion" is typically perceived as "you're wrong but I can't be bothered to tell you why"

I'll apologise for the assumption but I still feel like you need to think about how people will interpret what you're saying in response to a protest.

You can dislike the political entity all you want, I do too. The message it's trying to hijack is still important
100 percent. But Unity can only be achieved by Equality and Justice for all.
Therefore all lives matter .No division on this .
Stop using the colour of a mans skin in any description of him and We will have racial harmony

''Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war. And until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nation, until the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, there is war. And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained... now everywhere is war.”

Haile Selassie I

The words that you see as soon as you cross the threshold entering my front door
The words you see as you enter my front door .

I'm not going to disagree with you, the organisation is indeed politically motivated in many ways and I despise intersectionality.

The thing is, the only way it can exist is if the message itself is needed. Things need to change, people need to start being better in general. We will achieve nothing by taking issue with the message rather than an organisation specifically.
Ok. Well I'm glad to hear you despise intersectionality.

What posts would that be? The ones where I talk at length about how great Rangers can be or the ones where I take issue with people in this thread?

"Canny support Rangers unless you pure hate BLM"

You're making a t*t of yourself mate.

You're taking issue with genuine concerns and you have admitted that there is Virtue Signalling involved.

As I said, just wait to see goes down over the weekend, and things may change on Monday.

100 percent. But Unity can only be achieved by Equality and Justice for all.
Therefore all lives matter .No division on this .
Stop using the colour of a mans skin in any description of him and We will have racial harmony

''Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war. And until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nation, until the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, there is war. And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained... now everywhere is war.”

Haile Selassie I

The words that you see as soon as you cross the threshold entering my front door
The words you see as you enter my front door .
Nobody is disagreeing with all lives matter, it's just a specifically black issue.

You're not going to pressure the state into sorting police brutality out by avoiding the truth of the matter.

Football always has been and always will be political.

It's quite surprising to see someone who supports a team from Glasgow not realise this.

I find it incredible you could see a young _British_ footballer like Sterling and not think that he is one of the good guys in life generally. Shit hot at football, and like a nice dude outside of it.

The idea that footballers shouldnt be political is so old fashioned. Like, we live in the post-Kapernick world ffs

The stereotype exists though, are you going to deny that?

It's a false stereotype but then threads like this pop up and give everyone ammo
I’ve had a look further back at your posts and whilst you are undoubtedly a Bear, f**k being in the trenches with you. “Giving everyone ammo”, Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back