Premier league players to wear black lives matters on back of shirts as season resumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of the first 5 replies to the thread are calling it a racist statement.

It's either pretend outrage or outright stupidity.
Or it is a racist statement. Don't forget this 'Take the knee' shite either.
Rangers fans have been pilloried for years now so I don't have any worries on this one doing any more harm.
You have your view, others have theirs.
That's the way it should be in a democracy.

Or it is a racist statement. Don't forget this 'Take the knee' shite either.
Rangers fans have been pilloried for years now so I don't have any worries on this one doing any more harm.
You have your view, others have theirs.
That's the way it should be in a democracy.
It objectively isn't racist. Kneeling during a national anthem isn't racist either, half of FF would boo flower of scotland if it played at Ibrox.

I'm not trying to claim a moral high ground.

The police are soldiers of the state. You're taking the second quote out of context, I was suggesting that US citizens would be justified in excersing their constitutional rights.

Very easy to attack a person, why don't you attack the arguments instead?
You were advocating people that police officers be attacked and hopefully killed.
Dress it up however you want, it doesn’t change the fact that its student anarchist pish.

It’s the kind of wank you’d expect to hear from the groin brigade.

I’m offended by hooligans running about doing what they want and people spouting propaganda on the bbc

It objectively isn't racist. Kneeling during a national anthem isn't racist either, half of FF would boo flower of scotland if it played at Ibrox.
Who mentioned National Anthems?
Players are being allowed to take the knee before kick off if they so wish.
Don't bring things to the argument that doesn't exist.

[/QUOTE]
Of course they do, but it isn’t everyone being marginalised and targeted.

Its like me trying to save the rainforest and you shouting “all forests matter”. Yeah, they do; but it’s one type in particular that needs attention right now.
13 Black people have died in police custody in the England and Wales the last 10 years.143 white people and 13 people from other ethnic minorities. I think those figures suggest an ever so slight overreaction.

You were advocating people that police officers be attacked and hopefully killed.
Dress it up however you want, it doesn’t change the fact that its student anarchist pish.

It’s the kind of wank you’d expect to hear from the groin brigade.
In retaliation to them doing that to the public, yes.

You're trying to frame it as student anarchist pish because you're determined to attack me rather than my arguments.

Who mentioned National Anthems?
Players are being allowed to take the knee before kick off if they so wish.
Don't bring things to the argument that doesn't exist.
You did by bringing up the whole taking a knee thing.

They're not allowed in the UK, they get fined.

I'm not even remotely left wing.

Bwahahahaha

Before the thread gets chopped:

The deaths per crime rate point towards more whites dying in police custody (statistically). In isolation you could say yeah but only a third of the population etc. But when a third of the population commits 3 times the violent crimes it changes things quite a bit.

Now look at the fatherless children stats and you start to find some real answers.

FACTS.

I am angry and frustrated.

I'm probably leaving myself open to abuse here but I really buy into the whole "Rangers family" thing. Imagine what a black supporter would think reading through this car crash of a thread. It's bordering on disgusting.
So you have not yet been abused. Well that says a lot about us. “Bordering on disgusting“ is an attack on the Rangers family.

You did by bringing up the whole taking a knee thing.

They're not allowed in the UK, they get fined.
Your talking shite now.
Did you hear any Anthems when police were doing it or when the leader of the Labour Party was on his knee?
I don't know what your talking about getting fined for it. Your making things up now.

No, what has that got to do with anything though?

Your previous reply above asks what a Black supporter would think of this thread implying you think that a section of the comments of this thread is discriminatory and are racist..

I've seen nothing on this thread that's racist at all. I've read people asking legitimate questions.

I think most of these statues should be moved to museums rather than being in public places.

I'm not talking about Churchill or Darwin before anyone jumps at me

The phrase educate yourself has been used a lot in this thread. Let’s do this by placing plaques on any “offending statues“ telling the truth about the individual, eg, Churchill basically saved the world but he did some bad stuff in India.

Why not show racism the red card? Or Kick racism out. Black Lives Matter are a far left marxist group with an extreme political outlook.

Your talking shite now.
Did you hear any Anthems when police were doing it or when the leader of the Labour Party was on his knee?
I don't know what your talking about getting fined for it. Your making things up now.
Taking the knee is a sporting thing.

Police did it with protests but it was initially an American football thing that has now migrated to football. Players get fined if they do it in the UK

So you have not yet been abused. Well that says a lot about us. “Bordering on disgusting“ is an attack on the Rangers family.
I've been abused quite a lot in this thread actually

It's not an attack on any group, it's criticism of those individuals. It will be very easy for others to generalise us with this though

It made people in London think about the police over here and they probably realised how bullshit the stop and search law is and how selective police are on who they use it on.
When Khan stopped (or at least significantly reduced it) stop and search black on black knife crime went through the roof in London. Since they've increased it by 400% knife crime has fallen who'd have thought it?But people like yourself prefer feelings to facts.

Not trying to be.

Just pointing out that pretend outrage over this isn't a very good look

And neither is pretend sympathy for a deliberately whipped up frenzy over the murder of a career criminal thousands of miles away.

When Khan stopped (or at least significantly reduced it) stop and search black on black knife crime went through the roof in London. Since they've increased it by 400% knife crime has fallen who'd have thought it?But people like yourself prefer feelings to facts.
Ben Shapiro is joining the thread now.

It's not a matter of facts vs feeling, it's a matter of the law being very alienating and open to abuse.

Are you genuinely going to suggest that the only way to tackle knife crime is to let the police have power to search anyone they want for no good reason?

The phrase educate yourself has been used a lot in this thread. Let’s do this by placing plaques on any “offending statues“ telling the truth about the individual, eg, Churchill basically saved the world but he did some bad stuff in India.

Only If this means that you put signs on Catholic churches stating their religions involvement with slavery and racism, on Mosques stating Muhammad was a slave master that murdered his own slaves and that kids get taught in history in school when being taught about slavery that Blacks also enslaved other blacks and sold them into slavery and that White were also captured put on boats and sent to the colonies to be used as slaves...

13 Black people have died in police custody in the England and Wales the last 10 years.143 white people and 13 people from other ethnic minorities. I think those figures suggest an ever so slight overreaction.

Aye you’re right, racism doesn’t exist.

You’ve picked a very specific stat (death in custody) and also only acknowledged absolute numbers whilst disregarding population ratios.

There is an over reaction; the timing is appalling, the overspill into comedy is facepalm stuff, the logic is often very flawed, and I’m really concerned about the world we’re living in as some of the recent events are beyond acceptable.

However, that doesn’t mean we should approach the argument with polar reasoning like many on here like to do. It seems to be the way of the world - everyone arguing left vs right, black vs white (not in a racial sense), Democrat vs Republican. When the reality is always somewhere in between.

It’s ok to argue a point without going to the absurdity of the opposite. And that works both ways.

Your previous reply above asks what a Black supporter would think of this thread implying you think that a section of the comments of this thread is discriminatory and are racist..

I've seen nothing on this thread that's racist at all. I've read people asking legitimate questions.
I haven't called anyone racist.

I say that because it's a thread full of fellow Rangers fans shitting all over a perfectly good and valid message about black people facing police brutality at a disproportionately high rate.

I doubt they'd find it very welcoming.

It made people in London think about the police over here and they probably realised how bullshit the stop and search law is and how selective police are on who they use it on.

Stabbings at an 11 year high.. .your having a mare here.

Don't patronise me pal. I only asked you a question.

These protests moved from police brutality in America to vandalism & riots in this country over "slavery". Just another excuse for people who want to wreck the joint to justify their actions.

If the EPL want to have a message on every clubs shirts, it should be one of Unity, not picking one side over the other as this is a VERY delicate situation.

If you see ALL LIVES MATTER as being offensive then it says more about you than other people.
You do realise slavery was rasciam right? We as a country are built on slavery, people just want that acknowledged.
Slave owners should not be celebrated. End of.

There is also no delicate matter here, the subject is end racism. You either are for that, or not. Which sums Up why this is a movement in the first place.
All lives do matter, nobody is offended by that. The issue is that this is about black lives not being viewed as worth as much as white lives. That’s the whole point, when I’m society they are equal then it’s job done.
Do some research on aspects of social life, education, poverty, health, do some research on crime stats, do some research on how everyday things such as
Don't patronise me pal. I only asked you a question.

These protests moved from police brutality in America to vandalism & riots in this country over "slavery". Just another excuse for people who want to wreck the joint to justify their actions.

If the EPL want to have a message on every clubs shirts, it should be one of Unity, not picking one side over the other as this is a VERY delicate situation.

If you see ALL LIVES MATTER as being offensive then it says more about you than other people.

You do realise slavery was racism right? We as a country are built on slavery, people just want that acknowledged.

There is also no delicate matter here, the subject is end racism. You either are for that, or not. Which sums Up why this is a movement in the first place.
All lives do matter, nobody is offended by that. The issue is that this is about black lives not being viewed as worth as much as white lives. That’s the whole point, when I’m society they are equal then it’s job done.
Do some research on aspects of social life, education, poverty, health, do some research on crime stats, do some research on stop searches, do some research on hate crime.

once you have done all that and realised that black people make up 12% of thr demographic in the U.K. the figures will shock you, if they don’t and your initial response to this is shouting about how all lives matter then there is the reason why BLM because they are not viewed as equal. Once they are, this will stop.

I have explained on other threads, our players were racially abused last season, it was horrendous what this country was doing to Morelos. To not stand and show support with him and others now is baffling and saddening tbh.

This thread is an embarrassment.
I get that BLM has now been hijacked for ulterior motives but if you don’t get the original sentiments of it and you are offended by it you really need to take a look at yourself.
Our bus flag is the Union Flag and people who wave or support the flag are sometimes called racists (by morons) because years ago the flag was indeed hijacked by racists (NF etc).
Does that make me a racist because someone hijacked my country’s flag and I’m guilty by association? No it’s doesn’t but that’s how these things work nowadays isn’t it?
Get this thread binned.

Ps: The poster with the Gammon patter can f.uck off too.

It's not a matter of facts vs feeling, it's a matter of the law being very alienating and open to abuse.

Are you genuinely going to suggest that the only way to tackle knife crime is to let the police have power to search anyone they want for no good reason?
God help our country if we didn't have a police force.

I haven't called anyone racist.

I say that because it's a thread full of fellow Rangers fans shitting all over a perfectly good and valid message about black people facing police brutality at a disproportionately high rate.

I doubt they'd find it very welcoming.

You're certainly implying it

God help our country if we didn't have a police force.
I'm not asking for the police force to be abolished.

You do have to have a think about how much money is poured into it vs how effective they are though. Stop and search does very little to prevent crime, they ignore child trafficking and undeniably alienate and make people feel uncomfortable.

They're not the answer to absolutely everything, some of the money they get would be better invested into community stuff.

You do realise slavery was rasciam right? We as a country are built on slavery, people just want that acknowledged.

Do some research on aspects of social life, education, poverty, health, do some research on crime stats, do some research on how everyday things such as

You do realise slavery was racism right? We as a country are built on slavery, people just want that acknowledged.

All lives do matter, nobody is offended by that.
The issue is that this is about black lives not being viewed as worth as much as white lives. That’s the whole point, when I’m society they are equal then it’s job done.
Do some research on aspects of social life, education, poverty, health, do some research on crime stats, do some research on stop searches, do some research on hate crime.

once you have done all that and realized that black people make up 12% of thr demographic in the U.K. the figures will shock you, if they don’t and your initial response to this is shouting about how all lives matter then there is the reason why BLM because they are not viewed as equal. Once they are, this will stop.

I have explained on other threads, our players were racially abused last season, it was horrendous what this country was doing to Morelos. To not stand and show support with him and others now is baffling and saddening tbh.

Yes they are. Go on social media and type in #Alllivesmatter and you will be met with a torrent of discriminatory abuse aimed back at you

Knife crime has fallen since they increased it by 400%. It was terrible for killings when they stopped or drastically reduced it because of people saying it was racist. If I was a black parent I'd rather my kid came home and moaned about the police searching me than police chapping the door saying they'd been stabbed to death. The facts speak for themselves.But why let facts get in the way if it.

The BLM is a worthy cause and one that I'm fully behind, but this just fully stinks of "businesses" getting their message out to protect themselves if anyone dares come after them. Same with companies cashing on it on Instagram etc.

"Oh but we put BLM on the back of players shirts, see - we're the good guys"

I'm not claiming that this specific incident was definitely a racist killing though.

"People on twitter are saying it is so prove it" isn't constructive at all

so, people including social commentators on social media including those that the attendees of these marches are listening to stating George Floyd's death is racist and then for myself and others asking for evidence to back this up, isn't constructive?... Yeah, probably for those that cant back up these claims

why do you think having t-shirts and # and banners and placards with the phrase " I can't breath" ? they are implying his death was by a racist cop.. show me the evidence!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back