Premier league players to wear black lives matters on back of shirts as season resumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very telling that you're attacking me rather than my arguments.
I read your posts more or less glorifying attacks on cops, I couldn't understand it at all. Now we are here a couple of weeks later and it's my culture which is under attack.

Started off with rangers getting dragged into it, war memorials and the like.

I'm extremely proud of this country and the way it stood up against the most evil regime in the history of mankind. To see these people attack and rubbish our history makes me extremely angry and disgusted that we've came to this.

This carry on is doing a great job for the real neo nazis out there, who are just sitting back and rubbing their hands with glee as their numbers continually rise throughout the west. Why cant these people see this.

Dont like your posts regarding politics, but I've read some of them regarding the football itself and they've been very good and I agree with a lot of them.

I read your posts more or less glorifying attacks on cops, I couldn't understand it at all. Now we are here a couple of weeks later and it's my culture which is under attack.

Started off with Rangers getting dragged into it, war memorials and the like.

I'm extremely proud of this country and the way it stood up against the most evil regime in the history of mankind. To see these people attack and rubbish our history makes me extremely angry and disgusted that we've came to this.

This carry on is doing a great job for the real neo nazis out there, who are just sitting back and rubbing their hands with glee as their numbers continually rise throughout the west. Why cant these people see this.

Dont like your posts regarding politics, but I've read some of them regarding the football itself and they've been very good and I agree with a lot of them.

Such a mad post.

Started off with Rangers getting dragged into it, war memorials and the like.

I didn't glorify attacks on the police, I pointed out instances of them behaving horrifically and said that the second amendment was made for situations like this. You can disagree with that if you want and it's fair enough but I personally think the US government is bordering on tyrannical at this stage.

I don't talk about politics generally, I've spoken on this issue specifically because it's a hot topic. I'm probably a bigger target than you for Nazi labels, I'm a nationalist.

The stereotype exists though, are you going to deny that?

It's a false stereotype but then threads like this pop up and give everyone ammo

So essentially what you're saying is that everybody who hates Rangers is going to use this thread that is asking legit questions of the EPL. Some of which, you have agreed with is going to be used to bash the club? So what else is new?

People have made very pertitent points, mainly around the whole Virtue Signalling angle but you think we should just shut up.

Then come later tonight if there's been more riots we've STILL to shut up. What chance do you have?

This whole thing is turning the whole country into being more racist.

We were never on par with America with the racial stuff and now people are saying we are just as bad.

It is a f*cking disgrace.

This whole thing is turning the whole country into being more racist.

We were never on par with America with the racial stuff and now people are saying we are just as bad.

It is a f*cking disgrace.

There is no such thing of "being more racist". Either you harboured it or you didnt, and either you admit it or you dont.

I'm not attempting to silence anyone, say it if you want. Just don't be surprised when you annoy people.

A) sometimes, yes. That doesn't invalidate it though.

B) yes, that happens. Doesn't change the reality that there is also a lot of validity behind the message either though. Want to eliminate the political entity? Eliminate the need for it.

Last I'll say on this as it's a football forum,

The whole movement is based on a lie or multiple lies. There are various factors creating the inequalities between black and every other race and police violence isn't even in the top 100. There are astonishing parallels with BLM and the pro Irish movements in the east end of Glasgow i.e. rather than look at the system to blame, look at
a) themselves in terms of personal responsibility and
b) who stands to gain most from their poorer status and indeed their perception of a racist society? Does it correlate with the people who encourage these riots i.e. democrats and labour? You have your answer then. And the only way black people can sort that is to stop voting for the people holding their head under the water.

This is a fair point but we're not going to diffuse the situation by disparaging the core message which is an undeniably good one. Riots wouldn't be happening right now if that wasn't going on.

I really don't feel strongly either way about it being on the back of shirts, it's quite annoying seeing people say some of the things that they are though.

For someone who doesn't feel strongly either way you seem to have a lot to say on the subject.

This is what we’re up against.

200w.gif

When someone dies, like George Floyd or numerous white folk, why should it be defined as 'Black lives Matter'?

Why is it not described as 'All Lives Matter'? Why should it only be highlighted as Black?

Deary, deary me. When's the last time an unarmed, handcuffed white man was executed by police in broad daylight with a group of people, including the deceased, telling him he cannot breathe.
When's the last time a white man was chased down and executed in a neighborhood in the US because of the color of his skin. It took the police weeks to arrest the ex- policeman and his son who did this, even though there is video of them doing it in broad daylight, standing over him and calling him a fukin n****r. White lives already matter. It's the blacks who are dispensable. Please educate yourself.

Sorry mate but that's a complete attempt at silencing another's opinion. It's akin to saying "if you don't see my point of view you're a bad person"

The problem I think most people including myself have with this is

A) it's vacuous virtue signalling and pandering similar to politicians going to a brick factory and pretending to be interested in concrete whilst on the campaign trail.

B) the whole BLM movement is political not what it progresses to be for. Even these riots are born out of a false narrative. All the social media companies like insta, twitter, Facebook etc have been banning pictures of official DoJ and CDC figures showing unarmed shootings per per year by race etc and classifying them as hate speech.

It's Orwellian behaviour from a brainwashed generation.

Suggest you watch 13th on Netflix and you'll get a better understanding of the justifiable grievance black Americans have against a system, that brought them to this country in chains and has systemically oppressed them ever since. People are starting to come to terms with this.
The rioters are not the same as the protestors. They are looking for trouble and chaos, two separate bodies in the USA at least. It's unfortunate.

Suggest you watch 13th on Netflix and you'll get a better understanding of the justifiable grievance black Americans have against a system, that brought them to this country in chains and has systemically oppressed them ever since. People are starting to come to terms with this.
The rioters are not the same as the protestors. They are looking for trouble and chaos, two separate bodies in the USA at least. It's unfortunate.
The 13th is not a reputable source. The claims about Nixon are especially flimsy.

Moreover, why does Jim Crow justify destorying British property?

The 13th is not a reputable source. The claims about Nixon are especially flimsy.

The statues and monuments are a different conversation entirely.

Put yourself in their shoes for a moment, how you you feel about slave owners being immortalized in that way? It's an extremely slippery slope and we're seeing that now with the Churchill statue but I'd be lying if I said I didn't see their point with some of them

You'd have to explain what's inaccurate about 13th, as I would disagree with you there. There's absolutely no doubt that a massive overhaul of the US incarceration process is badly required and it's stacked heavily against people of color. That system is a disgrace to humanity.

I'm not in favor of anything being vandalized or pulled down, but I do think a discussion is needed and some statues and names could be changed either side of the Pond, where they are basically in remembrance of guys that made their money & fame on the back of the slave trade. Who would argue with that?

You'd have to explain what's inaccurate about 13th, as I would disagree with you there. There's absolutely no doubt that a massive overhaul of the US incarceration process is badly required and it's stacked heavily against people of color. That system is a disgrace to humanity.

I'm not in favor of anything being vandalized or pulled down, but I do think a discussion is needed and some statues and names could be changed either side of the Pond, where they are basically in remembrance of guys that made their money & fame on the back of the slave trade. Who would argue with that?
I think most of these statues should be moved to museums rather than being in public places.

I'm not talking about Churchill or Darwin before anyone jumps at me

Really wish the majority of you would just keep your mouths shut about this.

You really don't help the stereotype about our fans
Why it's ridiculous there movement leader in the UK is campaigning for the police to be disbanded and communities too self police there utter nutters.. ...watch his interview.

Your saying were all racist for daring to disagree this mind set is the problem

I wish they’d just skip dragging it into football, there really is no need for it and it’s attention seeking/virtue signalling pish. But the “all lives matter” retort really is moronic. BLM doesn’t suggest other lives are less important, it’s a movement started to highlight the hardships black people endure hence it’s about making it known that they’re lives matter too, so it is a bit daft when folk reply “ohh but all lives matter” - they’re just completely missing the point.

This should be a matter of individual choice. There must be some players who are not happy with this virtue signalling nonsense, surely?

I'm not sure in all honesty. I don't really care that much though.

I do think some of the comments on here are a complete disgrace.

Again, someone who believes that "all police are soldiers of the state" and "the more killed, the better" really doesn't have the right to claim any sort of moral high ground.

Again, someone who believes that "all police are soldiers of the state" and "the more killed, the better" really doesn't have the right to claim any sort of moral high ground.
I'm not trying to claim a moral high ground.

The police are soldiers of the state. You're taking the second quote out of context, I was suggesting that US citizens would be justified in excersing their constitutional rights.

Very easy to attack a person, why don't you attack the arguments instead?

This should be a matter of individual choice. There must be some players who are not happy with this virtue signalling nonsense, surely?

You’d come away looking bad though, especially to your sponsors etc. Like thundercunt James McLean when he decides to shun the poppy.

Instead of players names.

I'm bored witless of this. It's pandering to a small % of the population of this country. What about those within the Asian community? Do their lives not matter? Or Indian, or Pakistani? For being a small % of the population of this country the Black community has a massive voice.

I also thought politics was meant to be kept out of football.

I'm bored witless of this. It's pandering to a small % of the population of this country. What about those within the Asian community? Do their lives not matter? Or Indian, or Pakistani? For being a small % of the population of this country the Black community has a massive voice.

I also thought politics was meant to be kept out of football.

Lots of white people are supportive of Black Lives Matter. Me included

I object to this.

It is a racist statement.

ALL lives matter.

Of course they do, but it isn’t everyone being marginalised and targeted.

Its like me trying to save the rainforest and you shouting “all forests matter”. Yeah, they do; but it’s one type in particular that needs attention right now.

More whites are killed yearly by the police than blacks in America but nobody mentions that fact even though black people commit far more crime than any other race. These are facts not racism.

There should be a grown up debate about these sorts of things were facts are used but they don't seem to matter these days

Yeah as much as I sometimes whinge about how many folk in the lounge are still stuck in the 1950’s, at least in there there’s fewer casual observers, journos etc for us to look neanderthal-like in front of.
FFS are you really saying taking an issue with BLM is 'neanderthal'?

Because it can easily be interpreted as an attempt to silence a protest.

"Police are killing black people, black lives matter"

"No, all lives matter"

It's stupid.
Do you honestly think that the police set out to kill a black guy that night ?
All lives matter includes everyone
Surely the protesters can see “Black lives matter” could be construed as racist it is singling out one section of society.....or maybe not

Deary, deary me. When's the last time an unarmed, handcuffed white man was executed by police in broad daylight with a group of people, including the deceased, telling him he cannot breathe.
When's the last time a white man was chased down and executed in a neighborhood in the US because of the color of his skin. It took the police weeks to arrest the ex- policeman and his son who did this, even though there is video of them doing it in broad daylight, standing over him and calling him a fukin n****r. White lives already matter. It's the blacks who are dispensable. Please educate yourself.

So, you don't know about Tony Timpa or Daniel Shaver both murdered by USA police and both white. Ironic you're telling people to educate themselves if you haven't heard of them!

If anything the death of Tony Timpa is a vile video as the police are even mocking him and laughing at him as the man says he can't breathe. They even know the man has mental health issues and are still mocking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back