Andy Halliday - Open Goal Interview

Great interview, makes me sad listening to him hinting at abuse off Rangers fans and knowing his time was up.

It’s a terrific interview.

Players will instantly open up more with Si Ferry as opposed to mainstream media or even fan-led media.

That is what makes it more enjoyable. Ferry captures that dressingroom vibe that makes the show unique.

Andy is a fine story-teller and his passion for Rangers is relatable. He lived the dream and we would have loved to walk a mile in his shoes.

What a brilliant interview. Gutted for Andy he won’t be here for 55, can’t help but feel the club needs true Rangers men in the dressing room, guys that will put the club before themselves. In saying that he lived the dream and will be welcome back any time.

Fantastic interview from our Andy. Absolutely loved the story about Windass at Tynecastle. That day was utterly abysmal but we can laugh about it now. :))

I absolutely love Si Ferry’s one on one interviews he does. Could listen to footballers talk like that all day. Halliday’s up there with one of best along side Super Ally. Another one I laughed my head off at was Barry Robson’s. Some of the stories about Strachan were funny as fuck

Absolutely great listen. Probably the best one from open goal. Comes across a such a great guy and loved his stories on his teammates.

got me thinking that we never really say him playing in his favourite position whilst at the club. I remember him coming on in a friendly against the Brazilian team when the club when to the US for winter training camp and came on in a more offensive midfield position and scored. He actually has a good strike on him, maybe he should of been used there more often.

Thought it was a great interview and Halliday came across really well. The mcgregor story in Tenerife with Walter Smith is absolutely amazing.

I see the Daily Record, are running a story from the interview, making it look like it’s their story. No surprise there.

Great interview. I was in knots a good few times during it, some story teller, top man, gutted he won’t be here for 55

McGregor saying his red against Hibs was ‘embarrassing, shambles mate’ Then Andy sees it 15mins laters on Sky Sports

Really enjoyed that.
The Mido story trying to buy the club was brilliant.
Cant help but like Halliday, good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Absolutely loved listening to that. Honest, respectful, passionate and funny.

When I saw the interview was 2 and half hours long I thought I would watch it in 30 mins chunks but Andy comes across so well I ended up watching the whole thing in a oner. Really enjoyed the interview

The Mido story was a cracker as well. Tried to buy Middlesbrough so he could sack Strachan!

No wonder the big man hated pre season, turning up weighing over 17 stone.

Buckled at the Barry and Matt Gilkes story, no wonder Barry ended up going mental down there. Playing with lesser players always makes me think managers might struggle to comprehend why the players can’t do what the manager could do as a player.

Great interview, shame he never kicked on as much as we had all hoped he would. Guy could probably do a 20 night residency in the Louden selling it out every night!

I chuckle when I hear people talking about Kenny and Waldo always discussing tactics with salt shakers etc and think it makes them mini Pep's... Cause me and my mates have used salt and pepper shakers, pint glasses etc to discuss tactics and 9/10 it's utter nonsense.

Will always have a lot of time for Halliday, he's one of us who got to live the dream. Hopefully see him back at Ibrox to say a proper goodbye when we are all allowed back into the stadium.

"The Sunday before the Chelsea game I was up in Nicos and then up the Savoy"

hahaha great listen. Could have listened to another 2 and a half hours.

He’s a ‘Super Ally Mark II’ with his stories and the way he tells them.

Exactly what I was thinking! Never had Halliday down as that sort of guy but his interview was probably up there or if not better than the McCoist one!

The whole interview was excellent, he comes across so well and you can tell just how much things meant.

1 random question, did we not win the championship title the week before the Celtic OF semi final win? He mentioned no celebrations after the game as we still had to go to Hibs to win the title that midweek but I’m sure we’d already won it?

Just finished watching. That was brilliant. Si Ferry deserves a lot of credit for the format he's created and Andy is some guy. All the ingredients for some top drawer entertainment.

The whole interview was excellent, he comes across so well and you can tell just how much things meant.

1 random question, did we not win the championship title the week before the Celtic OF semi final win? He mentioned no celebrations after the game as we still had to go to Hibs to win the title that midweek but I’m sure we’d already won it?
Na, we definitely went to Easter Rd after the semi knowing a win would seal the league.

Just finished watching it, Andy came across very well and gives really good insight into his career and some of the stories were tremendous. Pena sounded bonkers.

I'm sure we lost 3-2 but Barrie McKay scored a wonder goal exactly the same way he scored in the Semi Final against Celtic

Correct but I’m sure we’d won it at home the week before.

Missed the chance to win at Raith and then won it the midweek before the Peterhead petrofac final.

Bottom line, why’d no one go for a pint with Halliday post that semi final win!

Back