Andy Halliday - Open Goal Interview

Just finished the interview.

It’s two and a half hours that fly in. Andy is natural wit and brilliant storyteller.
The stories about Gary Bollan and the one about Walter practicing half volleys with McGregor were my favourites.

Great interview.

Half the fun was watching Si Ferry creased with laughter at Andy's stories.

He's under-rated, Si. Like all the best interviewers, he brings out the best in his guests without seeming to do very much. (And this one was basically just a 'facetime.)

Correct but I’m sure we’d won it at home the week before.

Missed the chance to win at Raith and then won it the midweek before the Peterhead petrofac final.

Bottom line, why’d no one go for a pint with Halliday post that semi final win!
Aye we were 3-2 up at Raith and conceded in the last minute or something daft. We won it with a 1-0 at home to Dumbarton I think Tav scored, sure that was the first week of April, the Petrofac game was the weekend after that then the week after that was the semi final then we played Hibs midweek straight after that.

Enjoyed that a lot, some hilarious stories in there.

Was laughing for about 5 minutes straight at the Pedro ‘Robbie’ story.

I thought id pop this on this thread as it might stay up more than 5 mins.
This is for the admin wanker who keeps banning me for bullshit made up shite.
Your just a pearl clutching fckn dick,,worse than any mentally challenged ambulance chaser.
Suck a big fat one you lady's front bottom
Wow also it’s been up a day with nothing but positivity until this

See ya mate
Your just a pearl clutching fckn dick,,worse than any mentally challenged ambulance chaser.

:oops:

I can't believe I spent two and half hours listening to that..............and it kept my attention.

Fantastic stories. The stuff fans really want to hear...

Think we’ll let you stay on then ban you again for nothing when you least expect it. Every single time you log on now, you’ll be wondering if you will be banned or not.

I think that’s a better punishment to be honest.

Don't be a Zuma.

That was one of his poorer anecdotes from the interview to be fair.

giphy.gif

Just finished the interview.

It’s two and a half hours that fly in. Andy is natural wit and brilliant storyteller.
The stories about Gary Bollan and the one about Walter practicing half volleys with McGregor were my favourites.
I liked his Alfredo impression towards the end all the stuff with McGregor was brilliant and am Barrie . One of the funniest interviews I’ve saw

Can you expand on the “bullshit made up shite” before your banned completely please as I am a nosey bastard

Just finished watching that and was by far the best I have seen. Could have listened for another 2 hours. Good luck Andy for the future I will watch out for you at your new club.

@Crouchy and @Leo_Ger intrigued as to why you liked this without any context as to why old mate has went postal. Please feel free to fill us in.

You should really read this book mate.

:D

I loved the random rage of it all.

Obviously, we all harbour thoughts at times that they’re are some bellends on the board, admin or otherwise, but the meltdown, mid thread on something unrelated, it’s beautiful.:)
Usually those outburst are saved for a thread where it’s heated. Off all the ones he could’ve choose he picked an open goal one

An interesting listen, a likeable guy & I wish him the very best, was a good utility player, moved around team positions (though that probably is the problem that at his age , still don’t seem to know what position he’s best in

I will say about Andy that It still sickens me the way murty hauled him off at Hampden that day , unbelievable rangers still pay that guy a wage / keep around the club

but the rangers fan / playing for the team question did highlight the problem our support has with local boys vs foreign signings

There is perhaps a bigger question of are we benefitting from ‘someone who knows what it’s all about’ on the pitch? Given the extra burden that player is probably under?

Though Halliday didn’t do himself any favours there saying he was worried about missing the penalty in that cup final v Peterhead due to his pals having money on the game. Distractions like that, a joke really, professional mindset has to come first, especially at club like rangers

I’m sure he will find himself another club no problems and that he will get a good reception when he’s back visiting Ibrox , watching the team (doing half time draw or something)

Tremendous young man...geez a Tommy Graveson story, was he always up tae the prankies aye?

It was a good listen - Halliday is just one of us who got to play and captain his boy hood team

Back