Time for Dave King to depart Rangers

our enemies would love it if King left - mission accomplished for quite a few !!!!

King just take action and appoint the correct manager now - not at end of season NOW

amazingly we are only 3 points off 2nd place - fek knows how ???

a manager like Clarke / Monk are there - go get them ............

Firstly, King is funding Rangers, therefore the priority must be the financial well-being of the club and that means King must stay. No one else is offering up the same level of money King is to keep the lights on. Questions can of course be asked why that is of the other PLC directors.

Secondly, his tenure as chairman is an absent one, it isn’t ideal when we’d prefer a very visible front line man there. Nonetheless that isn’t what we have, it’s probably not King’s personality and I’ve come to accept that.

He is however a Rottweiler off the park and will fight to the end for Rangers to ensure the heinous events of the past few years that have been inflicted on the club by the Spivs are addressed.

Everything after that is can be placed in the ‘ideal world category’ of importance even though to us as fans it is the bread and butter on a week to week basis.

I.e a proper football manager, a proper MD, and a proper football team, robustly defending the club, transparency with fans, challenging the football authorities, a productive media strategy etc.

I’m as sick of it all as the average fan is but wanting King out is an extremely dangerous road to champion. I don’t believe at this time that is what is best for the club - it clearly isn’t in pure economics - and I for one want him to stay.
Brilliant post big chap

Whats your solution then? Because as far as I can see there's no one waiting in the wings to burn their cash for our hobby.

I don’t have a solution, I’m not privy to internal shambles and wrangles of Rangers but what I do know is a man sitting in SA isn’t going to bring leadership to a rudderless ship.

His failings are now mounting to the point he’s becoming a problem rather than any solution

Firstly, King is funding Rangers, therefore the priority must be the financial well-being of the club and that means King must stay. No one else is offering up the same level of money King is to keep the lights on. Questions can of course be asked why that is of the other PLC directors.

Secondly, his tenure as chairman is an absent one, it isn’t ideal when we’d prefer a very visible front line man there. Nonetheless that isn’t what we have, it’s probably not King’s personality and I’ve come to accept that.

He is however a Rottweiler off the park and will fight to the end for Rangers to ensure the heinous events of the past few years that have been inflicted on the club by the Spivs are addressed.

Everything after that is can be placed in the ‘ideal world category’ of importance even though to us as fans it is the bread and butter on a week to week basis.

I.e a proper football manager, a proper MD, and a proper football team, robustly defending the club, transparency with fans, challenging the football authorities, a productive media strategy etc.

I’m as sick of it all as the average fan is but wanting King out is an extremely dangerous road to champion. I don’t believe at this time that is what is best for the club - it clearly isn’t in pure economics - and I for one want him to stay.

Totally agree.

The mistake King has made is not getting the correct people in place in the key positions. Do this and he can sit back, relax and watch RTV from his Joburg mansion.

I have been Kings biggest fan, but i agree he has to go.
Ffs....who do you want? Will end up with someone like green again...Or even Murray...in the absence of a billionaire genuine rangers fan (and unfortunately doesn’t seem to be any) that’s what will happen.
King and co are keeping club going at a financial cost to them....there’s only so much abuse anyon will take before saying...fvck it...get someone else then.
Made a total mess with Caixinha I agree, and the McInnes press release was daft...but tell me what are the realistic options???
They are all rangers fans-I think they’ll get it right...but will take time.
To me club needs support now not constant abuse.

Our company accountant is a personal friend of Robertson, spoken to her a few times about him and he has admitted on several occasions that he doesn’t want the job he has at the club and although he is very much one of us he is fully aware he is out of his depth in the role he has. Make of that what you will.
He’s still happy to take his £250k a year wages plus bonus though, isn’t he? He’s also got enough of a chip on his shoulder that he shows the fans who pay his over-inflated salary absolutely no respect. He’s an employee, and nothing more. His dismissive, patronising attitude towards fans and shareholders makes my blood boil.

If he had a single ounce of dignity he’d walk away and admit he’s out his depth, but he won’t and he’ll continue fleecing us out of money. We need a real tough cookie in that MD role - someone who takes no prisoners and who’s extremely smart and on the ball. Instead we get the village idiot.

Robertson is a disgrace.

He’s still happy to take his £250k a year wages plus bonus though, isn’t he? He’s also got enough of a chip on his shoulder that he shows the fans who pay his over-inflated salary absolutely no respect. He’s an employee, and nothing more. His dismissive, patronising attitude towards fans and shareholders makes my blood boil.

If he had a single ounce of dignity he’d walk away and admit he’s out his depth, but he won’t and he’ll continue fleecing us out of money. We need a real tough cookie in that MD role - someone who takes no prisoners and who’s extremely smart and on the ball. Instead we get the village idiot.

Robertson is a disgrace.

The thing that confuses me is what he did to earn a £64,000 bonus last season. I'm assuming that is after tax as it comes from the accounts.

Folk keep talking about investors.

There is no investment here.

By definition an investor would hope to make a return.

Putting money into our football club will be akin to throwing it down a well. And as such the only people willing to do so will be supporters. King has torched £20 mil of his own money 'investing' in us in the past.

And folk want him kicked out the door? :confused:

It is extremely simple; King does not need to be chairman, he does not need to run the club day to day, in order for him to provide loans. He can maintain his current shareholding, employ a ceo to protect his investment and he can then loan as much or as little as he wants. Having him as Chairman is very obviously not working for the club.
Correct, this is exactly what should be happening.

20 million - 13 million back to King and 7 million required in pledges to satisfy the auditors.

My point was the same in both posts. 20 million isn't a huge sum for the board to raise or find (externally?) in the bigger scheme of things.

There's nothing patronising about it.
So it is not a huge sum now, make your mind up. But you said £20m was nothing and Park & Letham should do it. Patronising in the extreme. Rangers FC as a whole is worth circa £20m just now.

If nothing else and acknowledging the current need for change, the current majority shareholders & directors of our club deserve some respect for the money they have invested with little chance of any return, what they have done and are still attempting to do.

Ffs....who do you want? Will end up with someone like green again...Or even Murray...in the absence of a billionaire genuine rangers fan (and unfortunately doesn’t seem to be any) that’s what will happen.
King and co are keeping club going at a financial cost to them....there’s only so much abuse anyon will take before saying...fvck it...get someone else then.
Made a total mess with Caixinha I agree, and the McInnes press release was daft...but tell me what are the realistic options???
They are all rangers fans-I think they’ll get it right...but will take time.
To me club needs support now not constant abuse.
Totally agree with you. Easy to tell King to go, but who is going to come in. Time for some bears to get real. A new manager with a budget / comp etc could be 5-10 million, therefore got to get the right appointment. Looking at the fans there was not an outstanding candidate that we all agreed on. The club needs us to stick together. They will make mistakes however they are honest mistakes compared to Green etc.

I believe King has a huge ego , he didn't make his millions by being a shrinking violet.

I also believe he has a ,my way or the highway attitude to any dealings he has.

He stepped up and put his shoulder to the wheel in or hour of need , that can't be denied but there is something very wrong behind the scenes at Ibrox and I don't think King is too far away form the cause.

It's a dilemma , a man who I will be eternally grateful to for saving the club would now appear to be choking the life out of it .

There are no white Knights in shining armour to rescue the situation either.

We look to be stuck between a rock and a hard place with no answer in sight.

It's more than worrying.

So it is not a huge sum now, make your mind up. But you said £20m was nothing and Park & Letham should do it. Patronising in the extreme. Rangers FC as a whole is worth circa £20m just now.

If nothing else and acknowledging the current need for change, the current majority shareholders & directors of our club deserve some respect for the money they have invested with little chance of any return, what they have done and are still attempting to do.
Agree with this. £20m not a huge sum to raise??? ..err exactly how. Whoever said that’s been living in a world of Arab or Russian oil guys...

Can we just get this into perspective Dave King through NOAL has spent the following

Initial purchase of shares c£2.5m

Loans already supplied c£6.7m

Loans promised this season and next c£7.2m

Total c£16.5m

That is the amount of money Dave King either already has, or has promised to, put into Rangers. FRom the accounts he has never been paid anything, so his time is also being provided free of charge.

I know some people might think that £20m is not an awful lot of money, I most certainly do.

Robertson is a disgrace.
With you all the way TJ on your assessment of Robertson.

All this "King must go" stuff is all good and well, but as far as I`m aware, there`s no queue of potential buyers forming outside Ibrox.

Can we just get this into perspective Dave King through NOAL has spent the following

Initial purchase of shares c£2.5m

Loans already supplied c£6.7m

Loans promised this season and next c£7.2m

Total c£16.5m

That is the amount of money Dave King either already has, or has promised to, put into Rangers. FRom the accounts he has never been paid anything, so his time is also being provided free of charge.

I know some people might think that £20m is not an awful lot of money, I most certainly do.
A big part of the problem .

Whether you now think King is not a good influence, he has weighed in heavily and has promised to weigh in again .

He who pays the piper calls the tune ,whether you like the tune or not.

It's a rat trap , if you will .

Can't disagree with that, an absent leader is no leader!

I concur mate but the issue is that no one of repute and funds actually came forward before King. There seems to be no one now (might be in the shadows but not publicly) so if all King and the 3 bears wanted to do was stabilise and sell it seems we are yet again in a catch 22.

God only knows where we go from here but that article is real nail on head stuff.

Totally agree.

The mistake King has made is not getting the correct people in place in the key positions.
Do this and he can sit back, relax and watch RTV from his Joburg mansion.

That is a basic part of any business.How many chances should he get?Three managers so far and a dud MD.

i iam cert not his biggest fan but until someone else comes along were going to have mr king id love to chamge the whole board but some has to take the club on and theres not many of them about but we need to sort the manager out u do that a lot of the shit will go away

Another anti - King story by people who have no time for the man... To all those who are saying Dave King and the rest of the board should go ( despite keeping us afloat with soft loans) Who should we replace them with ?
Good post. Most don't think these things through. And are apt to change opinions in a heartbeat. Rangers need financial investment, the rest will fall in line
The people wanting King out must know of deep pocketed investors

For those who want him out - provide some names you believe would be willing to replace him?
provide some facts as to why hes good for the club or are you happy with the situation or pissed of because theirs no one out their , respect what your saying mate but !!!!!

All this "King must go" stuff is all good and well, but as far as I`m aware, there`s no queue of potential buyers forming outside Ibrox.

Bit of a chicken and egg tbh. Do we just accept King's failures will go on indefinitely until there's a queue of buyers waiting for him?

If he can see that his departure would be in the best interests of the club, why can't he work with the board to source a suitable replacement for himself before he goes?

There’s been good points already made here that are worth repeating: Dave King saved Rangers from being destroyed and is now financing it from his own pocket without any expectation of a return. Yes, there is a lot wrong with the way the club is being run and we are all frustrated when we sleepwalk into obviously avoidable mistakes like the manager situation. But wishing him away begs the question: where else is the money coming from and where would we be without him.

If people can’t discuss one issue without conflating the other, they should stop posting pish.

So we need some one who will plough roughly £20m into Rangers with no guarantee of getting any of it back.

That's exactly what King did. Not once, but twice.

And for that he has been called a liar, a charlatan, a shyster and many other derogatory terms by many on here. Dermot Desmond gets less abuse than King.

I cannot see any others queuing up to be abused for giving us loads of cash.

I agree King and the board have made mistakes, I hope they can sort the mess out because, just now, they are our only option.

There’s been good points already made here that are worth repeating: Dave King saved Rangers from being destroyed and is now financing it from his own pocket without any expectation of a return. Yes, there is a lot wrong with the way the club is being run and we are all frustrated when we sleepwalk into obviously avoidable mistakes like the manager situation. But wishing him away begs the question: where else is the money coming from and where would we be without him.

If people can’t discuss one issue without conflating the other, they should stop posting pish.
Yes indeed.

Totally agree.

The mistake King has made is not getting the correct people in place in the key positions. Do this and he can sit back, relax and watch RTV from his Joburg mansion.
I think he doesn’t let people make decisions. That is the problem.

There are a right few posters outing themselves these days on this issue.

As I said earlier, I’ll stand shoulder to shoulder with King until my last breath. The guy’s dedication to and financial support of the club we all love is unrivalled.

The only people who truly want King out are the poets.

In King I trust

The 19th Century Terrorist hordes are gathering.

Getting rid of King is exactly what they want.

I’ll stand side by side with King and a board of true bears until my last breath.

I think this is true, we need to be careful not to bite the hand that's feeding us.

There are a right few posters outing themselves these days on this issue.

As I said earlier, I’ll stand shoulder to shoulder with King until my last breath. The guy’s dedication to and financial support of the club we all love is unrivalled.

The only people who truly want King out are the poets.

In King I trust

I want him out. I think King himself wants out.

He has the personal wealth to end this pain and make Rangers number one again. He could go down as the greatest ever Ranger since 4 boys had a dream - but we all know that's not going to happen.

Instead, he will go down as the man that ousted Ashley and helped save the Club. But throughout his leadership it's just been one humiliation after the other.

And the poets don't want him out. They've got his number, and know while he's at the helm Rangers will never pose a serious threat to the stranglehold they have on us and Scottish football.

We need a David Holmes, a Fergus McCann, a man with a vision. That man is not Dave King.

I don't get the idea the poets want king out either,we as a club are stagnant the now with an u20 coach in charge of the team,why would any poet want to change where we are & where we seem to be going at the moment, surely they'd want things to stay as they are, a shambles both on & off the pitch

A wee story when King took over and we played Hibs at Easter Road.

Dave King was driven up to the ground and came out the car and my mate went forward to him and said "you better not let us down".

Dave King responded with "I can assure you I won't".

We have made wrong turns since he took over but I honestly believe that he has the best interests of our club at heart.

I'm a modestly well off person. I have a couple of properties, a pension pot, some investments in shares, a small side-business and a little bit of cash savings. My cash savings might be about 5-10% of my net worth, the rest is pretty much tied up and would take a bit of effort to liquidate.

Humour me for some finger in the air stuff, since this is not public knowledge. Let's say Dave King's net worth is £200m and he's similar to me, has cash reserves of 5-10%. That would mean he's about £10m-20m liquid available at any one time. He's just been told he has a potential liability of £11m (albeit likely to be much lower).

Imagine this just happened and he is trying to recruit a manager of a football club, who will need a transfer war chest, and possibly his existing contract bought out. At the same time he's running a football club which will need an imminent cash injection to maintain it as a going concern. Ideally he'd find the right manager who could turn the football club around, so that it doesn't need a cash injection again in the medium term.

He'd want to make sure he had the liquid money to buy out the other shareholders if it comes to it, plus pay off Pedro, plus pay off the new guy's previous employers, plus keep the football club running costs being paid.

£10-20m liquid cash is not enough to see all this through. Even with a great net worth you'll need time to liquidate other assets - or you'll need to find investors who will loan you cash (guaranteed by your own assets). Maybe Murty getting the contract until the end of year is the stalling tactic needed so that when the next guy comes in it's not another Pedro, there will be guaranteed money to spend on transfers and that the club doesn't find itself scrambling around looking for cash in a similar position a year further down the line. Why else was Murty given the job right as the court case was lost?

King and Desmond both operate globally and leave the day management of the club to well paid employees.Desmond has a strong CEO in Liewell who effectively runs Celtic FC.Desmond and the Board clearly have the last say in any managerial appointments.Celtic have a longer running, slicker, more efficient and more expensive infrastructure than ours.It is tried and tested and fit for purpose.Sadly we are lagging well behind in almost every area of operation.

The walls are closing in
He has to be hands on or not at all,this disappearing act back to S.A.is no good,especially leaving with things the way they've been left,we don't know if he has the consensus of the board or is he being held back by the board from going where we should,he spoke about C.L revenue,but he must know that the business on the pitch is what matters,consequently he/they have to spend to accumulate,moving forward.

I cannot make a judgement on this as I don't have all the facts of what is or is not going on behind the scenes!

Back