Club Statement

Cool - happy to be corrected.

If SD have given up the lease early it's also a positive reassurance that they aren't planning some sort of legal challenge. Like that even more than having the shop ready.
There were photos on another thread of the work being carried out, although I can’t remember which one now off the top of my head.

I sent Castore a DM on Instagram last night to ask when they will have more kits available to buy. They said more kits were coming soon and they will have a ‘mid August’ delivery date.

The obvious concern here is that means you’ll need to wait to mid August if you’re ordering online from Castore but SD will have them in stock from August 1st!
There is no way the new Castore store at Ibrox is opening on 1st August with no stock , but SD will have it in their stores on 1st August. Surely?

Unless Castore can keep a constant flow of stock on their site then its not an issue. If come the 1st Aug and they don't have stock for sale and SD do, then this is where the problem kicks in.

Unless it is contractual, there is not one reason to be dealing directly or indirectly with SD.
The problem might be that you’re not allowed to omit them and, even if you are and do, the problem then becomes spending money and time in litigation that you don’t need to.
So long as they don’t get more than anybody else and, more importantly, they still get more than they actually need.

I sent Castore a DM on Instagram last night to ask when they will have more kits available to buy. They said more kits were coming soon and they will have a ‘mid August’ delivery date.

The obvious concern here is that means you’ll need to wait to mid August if you’re ordering online from Castore but SD will have them in stock from August 1st!
Thats because mid August was always the date that the store was supposed to open.

After yesterday the club pulled that forward to 1st August. Will it be ready in time? Will it have stock? Who knows.

I keep seeing people talking about this potential lack of stock - it’s like some folk are absolutely desperate for it to happen so they can come on FF and have a wee cry about it.

Castore have given no indication that they’re anything other than completely prepared so far. The purchase process yesterday was - and I totally stand by this - the easiest and quickest process I’ve ever had purchasing anything online.
They literally said they had 50k available on this drop

The problem imo is that someone is failing to tell us fans the whole truth about this retail deal. We wanted transparency, but I still feel the water's been muddied and I don't like it one bit.

No company in the World would tell the public every thing in a contract, for one thing very few would understand the jargon. It strikes me you are muddying the water probably as a troll or puddle drinker. Or a conspiracy theory loon.
In any case there is perfect transparency in Rangers statement, short of telling you not to buy from SD which they cannot do.

There is no way the new Castore store at Ibrox is opening on 1st August with no stock , but SD will have it in their stores on 1st August. Surely?

No of course not. The challenge is getting the shop ready for opening. It wasn't due to open until mid August. That only change very hurriedly last night upon the revelation that only SD would have stock among the high street retailers on day one

Thats because mid August was always the date that the store was supposed to open.

After yesterday the club pulled that forward to 1st August. Will it be ready in time? Will it have stock? Who knows.

If it's open it will have stick FFS. Its Castores own shop!

The problem might be that you’re not allowed to omit them and, even if you are and do, the problem then becomes spending money and time in litigation that you don’t need to.
So long as they don’t get more than anybody else and, more importantly, they still get more than they actually need.
If we aren't then fine, but being transparent (difficult I know) would probably make everyone a bit less raging. In fact it probably wouldn't

No of course not. The challenge is getting the shop ready for opening. It wasn't due to open until mid August. That only change very hurriedly last night upon the revelation that only SD would have stock among the high street retailers on day one
I’m sure there would be Bears on here who would help for free if required to help hit that date.

If it not possible to have the store open on 1st August, we must sell from a portacabin or the back of a lorry to make sure the fat man gets no business from bears who cannot wait until the shop is ready.

How do you know this?
You ITK?

I wouldn't guarantee the store being ready for 1st August if SD still hold lease until 31/7. I'd think it more likely the mid August date will be correct and there will have to be some temporary arrangement set up - maybe in concourses at Ibrox.
The shop was handed over to the club last week.

How do you know this?
You ITK?

Not at all. Info was shared by Eskbank Loyal who is a very very good source. You'll also see that Rangers have only last night released the opening date of the Ibrox Store.
On top of that Sherbrooke put up a pulled post where he said different retailers would receive stock on different dates. Nobody from admin has denied this position

If it not possible to have the store open on 1st August, we must sell from a portacabin or the back of a lorry to make sure the fat man gets no business from bears who cannot wait until the shop is ready.

Yep, as amateurish as that might look. I'm sure the club will pull out all the stops to have the shop ready

I agree it's a difficult situation however Castore market themselves as a premium brand. The whole deal centred around an unknown brand BUT was sold on the Rangers x Castore = Bespoke, Custom, Premium, Innovative, Online, Fashion marketing. Making us and our kits different from everyone else, a bit special.

If they are to be sold in sports shops the last one on the planet should be SD. Castore as a brand should have been more picky. SD is the Asdas of sport shops. You won't find any of the premium adidas or nike products at SD, You will however find them in the stores you have mentioned. Everyone was worried about the cost of a shirt because Castore is a self recognised premium brand. Not being able to buy something in SD adds value to it, it's something a bit different.
This is a football shirt not haute couture. I'm not over the moon about the fat prick having any of our products in his store but Castore want to enter the football market then this is what it is. They won't be selling anything else from their range to him but I only care about Rangers.

Not at all. Info was shared by Eskbank Loyal who is a very very good source. You'll also see that Rangers have only last night released the opening date of the Ibrox Store.
On top of that Sherbrooke put up a pulled post where he said different retailers would receive stock on different dates. Nobody from admin has denied this position

So your saying SDs wind up yesterday has massively back fired on them ?

I agree it's a difficult situation however Castore market themselves as a premium brand. The whole deal centred around an unknown brand BUT was sold on the Rangers x Castore = Bespoke, Custom, Premium, Innovative, Online, Fashion marketing. Making us and our kits different from everyone else, a bit special.

If they are to be sold in sports shops the last one on the planet should be SD. Castore as a brand should have been more picky. SD is the Asdas of sport shops. You won't find any of the premium adidas or nike products at SD, You will however find them in the stores you have mentioned. Everyone was worried about the cost of a shirt because Castore is a self recognised premium brand. Not being able to buy something in SD adds value to it, it's something a bit different.

You will find Nike and Adidas football strips in SD and that's what SD will be doing, selling Rangers strips. I can pretty much guarantee that Castore will not be selling any of their own clothing in SD.

Castore are getting into football. They will get more clubs from the UK on their portfolio.

The UK public shops in SD

Castore should be doing deals with them

Ashley is a lady's front bottom and all, I know, I won't ever buy anything from him for as long as I live, but Castore need a relationship with SD.

We have our retail rights back, we have our stadium store back, he's gone from us.

People are reading far too much into this

So your saying SDs wind up yesterday has massively back fired on them ?

Yeah in a way. On the other hand if you don't live a commutable distance from Ibrox you'll have to order online and wait til mid August or go to SD. I suspect they won't care if we open a single shop. Only thing Castore can maybe do is get a second batch into online for pre-order and delivery on the 1st.

Correct, the only Fat Men I want near our merchandise is us Bears of a more stocky build :))

How many of the 50k are going to High St retailers if they'll have them on the 1st August.

Eh? The 50k were the ones we've almost sold out of online yesterday and today. The next batch on August 1st will again be online and in SD (and hopefully the Ibrox Store). We don't know how many will be made available at that time.

Castore are getting into football. They will get more clubs from the UK on their portfolio.

The UK public shops in SD

Castore should be doing deals with them

Ashley is a lady's front bottom and all, I know, I won't ever buy anything from him for as long as I live, but Castore need a relationship with SD.

We have our retail rights back, we have our stadium store back, he's gone from us.

People are reading far too much into this

Far too sensible .

What utter garbage, SD get the stock when Castore send it to them so Castore will know exactly who is getting what, how many and when.

Not to mention the fact the season starts on 1st of August but apparently they were just going to leave it till a few weeks in before opening the stadium shop. :rolleyes:

Embarrassed for you posting that TBH.

So Castore are letting them sell the kits on their behalf? We still get our same % regardless?

Hope Castore know what they are doing because he’ll try and sting them somewhere. I also hope Bears don’t buy strips from SD even if they are 5-10 quid cheaper. You’ll always get some though.

Supporting Rangers means just that. More than ever that includes financial support which obviously includes buying direct. Anybody who goes into that fat parasite's shops in order to save themselves a fiver needs to take a serious look at themselves. As if his dealings with us weren't reason enough there's the moral obligation to consider as well. His whole organisation is among the most destructive and unscrupulous ever to set up business on these shores as countless thousands of people he's exploited over the years will testify.

What utter garbage, SD get the stock when Castore send it to them so Castore will know exactly who is getting what, how many and when.

Not to mention the fact the season starts on 1st of August but apparently they were just going to leave it till a few weeks in before opening the stadium shop. :rolleyes:

Embarrassed for you posting that TBH.

We as in Rangers, not Castore. We have been caught on the hop.

Castore are doing the refit and Rangers are well aware of the date of the new season.

Your having a mare with this nonsense.

And you are completely misunderstanding what I said or being deliberately obtuse. The opening date was going to be mid August, presumably because that's when the work could be completed in normal circumstances. We are now rushing it through to avoid a scenario where SD are the only physical shop with the kit on the 1st.

Believe what you want. Read the Rangers statement closely. Realise that JD, Greaves or any other shop won't have our kit on 1st August. It'll be online with Castore, SD or hopefully our own shop if it's open on time

And you are completely misunderstanding what I said or being deliberately obtuse. The opening date was going to be mid August, presumably because that's when the work could be completed in normal circumstances. We are now rushing it through to avoid a scenario where SD are the only physical shop with the kit on the 1st.

Believe what you want. Read the Rangers statement closely. Realise that JD, Greaves or any other shop won't have our kit on 1st August. It'll be online with Castore, SD or hopefully our own shop if it's open on time

I am understanding you just fine, you are trying to claim Rangers were only planning on having the stadium shop open weeks into the new season which is clearly a lot of shite. Also claiming the people doing the refit didnt know SD would be getting the kit on 01 Aug even though they are the people sending the kits out after making them.

I am understanding you just fine, you are trying to claim Rangers were only planning on having the stadium shop open weeks into the new season which is clearly a lot of shite. Also claiming the people doing the refit didnt know SD would be getting the kit on 01 Aug even though they are the people sending the kits out after making them.

I'm not claiming the people doing the refit for Castore didn't know. I'm telling you Rangers didn't know or hadn't clicked. Why was the date for the shop only announced in a night time reactive statement.

I'm not claiming the people doing the refit for Castore didn't know. I'm telling you Rangers didn't know or hadn't clicked. Why was the date for the shop only announced in a night time reactive statement.

So Rangers were opening the stadium shop weeks into the news season and missing out on all that match day income.

Never heard such shite.

Right, your saying rangers didn't know, even though the club shop was back in their hands last week, 5 weeks earlier than they anticipated. I suppose they didn't know the rifit has started this week either.
Mibby just mibby they wanted to make sure everything was in place before announcing it.

Right, your saying Rangers didn't know, even though the club shop was back in their hands last week, 5 weeks earlier than they anticipated. I suppose they didn't know the rifit has started this week either.
Mibby just mibby they wanted to make sure everything was in place before announcing it.

Were they waiting on SD playing funny buggers before the big reveal?

So if greaves have got it on the 1st you’ve just made a complete arse of yourself?

Where’s the thread on greaves?

Do you mean the one that got dumped because it was jackanory time by a new member?

And yet there's a thread on this forum where Greaves and JD confirm they won't have the strip on August 1st. That's corroboration.

The thread was started by a poster who joined on Saturday and this was his only post.

Not saying that this won't be the case but I will take his information with a shovel of salt.

Back