Hearts & Partick Thistle vs SPFL Starts Today.

“Lord Clark using his inherent jurisdiction to grant an order requiring disclosure of documents from the Respondents. means SPFL can’t hide correspondence/notes/phone records between them and Dundee/Aberdeen and others (including Celtic)“

At least we will get some of the truth finally.....

If Hearts feel that any decision made by the Arbitration Panel is flawed, the Judge has given them the right to go back to court and appeal it. This case is by no means over as the SFA will have to be very careful about who they appoint to their panel. This Judge seems to be aware of how many beans make five in Scottish Football and will be watching very carefully.

The annoying thing for me is if he was always going to send it back too SFA why the fook did it take 3 fcuking days listening to them to say so.
Unless your going into court to plead guilty, then it's always a long process. I just preferred guilty, get it over with.

If Hearts feel that any decision made by the Arbitration Panel is flawed, the Judge has given them the right to go back to court and appeal it. This case is by no means over as the SFA will have to be very careful about who they appoint to their panel. This Judge seems to be aware of how many beans make five in Scottish Football and will be watching very carefully.
Exactly, you put it across better than me.

All documents, phone records and messages must be turned over to the panel.

This is the important part. Along with the requirement to ensure an experienced QC oversees the process, this judge has pretty much just given us the independent investigation Rangers wanted.

The SPFL would have wanted this overseen by your standard panel of place-men and good old boys. They've been told it isn't happening.

This might be decent news after all.

Last edited:

An earlier post quoting 4th Official states SFA cannot pick judge or panel. (Unless I misunderstood).

I always thought the point of arbitration (rather than mediation) was that it was legally binding for all parties concerned.

This is the important part. Along with the requirement to ensure an experienced QC oversees the process, this judge has pretty much just given us the independent investigation Rangers wanted.

The SPFL would have wanted this overseen by your standard panel of place-men and old boys. They've been told it isn't happening.

Hopefully the is some good from it but I still fear some corrupt compromise made in the background. Time will tell

My understanding, unless it has changed recently, is that it will be three man Independent Panel from a list of former judges held by the SFA. Hearts/Thistle and the SPFL get to nominate one person each. The 2 nominated then decide between them who the 3rd person from the list will be. If they cannot reach agreement, it goes back to the SFA and either Maxwell or Mulraney chooses the 3rd panel member from the list.

In the words of Hugh Keevins, if Rangers select who performs an Independent Investigation, how can it be independent?"

The SPFL would have wanted this overseen by your standard panel of place-men and old boys. They've been told it isn't happening.

Does that mean the content can be Published to the public , that’s not clear for me ?

I think the Hearts solicitor already has a list of the documentation they want supplied, the spfl argued it would take too much time to put together but they have been ordered to supply the documents. If they can’t it will really be damaging to their case

Yeah, but whos to say Peter's calls just get left out...

Third ruling of the court is to uphold the request by Hearts and Partick Thistle to for "recovery of documents".

It’s going to Arbitration but the Judge rejected the notion that the panel list handed by SFA.

The Judge said that it must be an advocate or member of the judicial panel with 10 years experience as the chair.

When you add this to the Arbitration proceedings it is probably the next best judgement for Hearts/Partick if it isn't being hear in the CoS.

THE SPFL Executive will be feeling a tad uncomfortable.

Brian McLauchlin being economical with the truth and not saying they can go back to court to appeal:-

Going back to court is only really an option if there are serious legal failures at arbitration.
They can't just do it if they don't like the decision.
It's very unlikely to end up back in court.

It's not the verdict Hearts would have wanted but it's not over yet, and both Doncaster & Nelms will be officially shiting themselves as we speak - very pleasing.

Brian McLauchlin being economical with the truth and not saying they can go back to court to appeal:-

He can be as economical as he wants. At the end of the day he’s a no-mark and this will have zero influence on the court.

Back