Niko Katic Injured In Training - Likely To Be Out For ‘Foreseeable Future’

Be interesting to see what we do if we go with the 3 we have plus Bassey as cover or sign one on loan.

Speedy recover to the big man

Terrible for him, he is the least deserving of something like that. Not saying anyone is but he works so hard.

That being said, we might actually get adequate left sided cover now

Amazing we manged to keep this a secret for a whole week. It's not just the transfer news we've silenced.

Bad news, he may not have been first choice but he would have played his fair share of games this season.

Hope he recovers fully

With all respect to Katic, I’m not sure we will be overly pressed for someone to cover whilst he nurses his injury. Edmundson as 3rd choice, Bassey could slot in, Mayo and others in the youth sides could step up

Absolutely gutted this has been confirmed. Was really hoping this would be the season the big man would cement a place in the starting XI, especially with the transformation he made over the summer, he looks like a machine. Speedy recovery Niko!

Gutted for the boy. Massive blow for him, I'm sure with the team we have in place we can keep his head up and not let him get too down about it - as hard as that will be.

Not convinced its a big issue for us squad wise though, certainly don't think we'll be replacing him. Bassey can play there, Mayo may get pushed up, or McCrorie will fill in.

Gem of a guy as well, hope he heals up soon. Reckon we might see Bassey as cover for both that CB spot and Borna's spot now.

Well that’s a blow to us. What do we do? Go with what we’ve got in that position, maybe look to loan in someone with a bit of experience or spend money as a replacement?

Im fed up with the SLO not coming out and keeping us updated with stuff like this.
Bassey and McLoughlin were signed and no so much of a heads up from Greg Marshall. Not good enough from the SLO.
Would expect to hear about some targets or some inside i go within the next 2 hours or im emailing Stewart Robertson about the SLOs position being untenable....shocking stuff tbh...
Mate away and have a lie down

Gutted for Katic, seemed to be keeping himself in shape too.
Could that possibly have contributed? Prob not but if he’s been doing lots muscle building work on his legs as well as top half might have caused an issue?

This is why we need a big squad.
Folk giving Gerrard pelters yesterday for the signing of Polster...well Injuries and suspensions sadly happen.

Filip Helander was removed from the Europa League squad in February as he was injured.

Not sure on whether he can be swapped in as he was eligible.

Katic had done a power of work and was absolutely ready to push himself up a level.

McCrorie as an option? I know Gerrard didn’t see him as a centre half. I confess that I don’t really see him as a midfielder. I think he is a centre half or a right back. Maybe Gerrard would view him as a jack of all trades this season, covering right back, centre half and centre mid?

We lose helander or goldson for any length of time we are in bother.

We will bring in someone on loan i would think.
Why? And if someone else gets injured we loan in another? Oh, best get one more in case that loanee gets crocked. Hang on...what it he gets injured long term too?

Hopefully pulls through stronger than before. He was looking in great shape before he joined back up with us

McCrorie as an option? I know Gerrard didn’t see him as a centre half. I confess that I don’t really see him as a midfielder. I think he is a centre half or a right back. Maybe Gerrard would view him as a jack of all trades this season, covering right back, centre half and centre mid?

No.

Back