Niko Katic Injured In Training - Likely To Be Out For ‘Foreseeable Future’

Absolutely gutted for the big man. Has been putting a fair shift in by all accounts whilst the football has been off. To get such a nasty injury now is awful. Speedy recovery big man.

6 to 9 months to heal best case scenario he's back for the 2nd half of the season that's gutting

Still don’t think that we need to find a replacement.

Goldson and Helander will be the two first picks. With Edmundson and Mayo deputising.

I'd like to see Mayo in the squad but I think we'll now be looking for a good loan option.

Im fed up with the SLO not coming out and keeping us updated with stuff like this.
Bassey and McLoughlin were signed and no so much of a heads up from Greg Marshall. Not good enough from the SLO.
Would expect to hear about some targets or some inside i go within the next 2 hours or im emailing Stewart Robertson about the SLOs position being untenable....shocking stuff tbh...

Feck all to do with the SLO......

Just read the sarcasm back

If it's medial or cruciate minimum 9 months as my son's just recovered from both and it's a long haul.

All the very best for the big fella.

Gutted for him.

Ah shite

Where is it confirmed,nothing on Gers main site,so is it a rumour?.
Have been reading about too many rumours and with Gers keeping everything close to their chests will only believe when they confirm.
Sorry posted before seeing #222.

I hope not he's come back looking like the Hulk, was buzzing to see the diddys like Cosgrove bounce off him when they attempt their scumbaggery.

Edit: this is a massive blow for the squad.

Horrible news for the lad and a big blow for us. I was really hoping he’d kick on this year and become an undisputed first choice.

Need more cover at CB now.

We’ll need to bring someone in.

No way will Gerrard trust a homegrown youngster like Mayo in that particular position this season.

Horrible for the big man absolutely gutted for him. He’s shown he can be a cracking player for us if he cut out the daft mistakes and sorted his positional awareness out. He’s still young so was always expected to be raw and not the finished article. Just hope this doesn’t become a persistent problem for him like we’ve seen with so many of these injuries over the years. As I said gutter!

Feel for the big guy, because he seems as honest as the day is long, and loves being here.
But... there is no way he would have started in the central of defence anyway, unless Helander and Goldson got an injury. In some respects after the way he was castigated by the media and some of the support, after the away game at St Johnstone...he may have been 4th choice!
When he returns to fitness for the sake of his own career he may have to leave.

Last edited:

Goldson and Helander will be the two first picks. With Edmundson and Mayo deputising.
Hmm, not so sure. We would need to be awfully confident that Mayo is good enough to be the no 4 centre half. Our no 4 centre half typically gets a decent amount of game time.

Last edited:

We lose helander or goldson for any length of time we are in bother.

We will bring in someone on loan i would think.

If Goldson or Helander get an Injury now we are free finished I can see the club looking for a loan deal or having to spend in an area that looked strong

RANGERS are disappointed to announce that Niko Katic has sustained an injury during preseason training.

The injury was sustained more than a week ago and will keep him out of action for the foreseeable future.

Niko is being looked after by our medical team led by Dr Mark Waller.

Im fed up with the SLO not coming out and keeping us updated with stuff like this.
Bassey and McLoughlin were signed and no so much of a heads up from Greg Marshall. Not good enough from the SLO.
Would expect to hear about some targets or some inside i go within the next 2 hours or im emailing Stewart Robertson about the SLOs position being untenable....shocking stuff tbh...
Is that his job ? I think we has a PR department for that

Back