Niko Katic Injured In Training - Likely To Be Out For ‘Foreseeable Future’

Ross McCrorie as 4th choice. He's certainly not a RB. He's a bit more experienced now and he's ours already.

Think we should have enough cover however failing that we should enquire if Liverpool would loan us Sepp van den Berg.

Could that possibly have contributed? Prob not but if he’s been doing lots muscle building work on his legs as well as top half might have caused an issue?
Son just said the same, maybe too much gym work. Either way it's a sickener.

McCrorie isn't a centre back.

Can't believe people still think he is

What is he then? He's a young centre back who needed to learn not to dive in at everything. He can possibly be a defensive midfielder. He definitely isn't a right back from what I've seen.

McCrorie as an option? I know Gerrard didn’t see him as a centre half. I confess that I don’t really see him as a midfielder. I think he is a centre half or a right back. Maybe Gerrard would view him as a jack of all trades this season, covering right back, centre half and centre mid?

No. Don’t think McCrorie will make it with us. Lewis Mayo will be ahead if him for the centre half slot.

Think we should have enough cover however failing that we should enquire if Liverpool would loan us Sepp van den Berg.
Liverpool's loan policy includes fee's for not using the player on a matchday, would rather not have that become a factor

Filip Helander was removed from the Europa League squad in February as he was injured.

Not sure on whether he can be swapped in as he was eligible.

Katic had done a power of work and was absolutely ready to push himself up a level.
Think you can update squad with 3 current players but not new signings so Helander will probably be added in

Don’t know anyone who can say a bad word about the big man. He’s worked incredibly hard on his body as well.

Wish him well on his recovery.

Forget the money, imagine how sickening that must feel as a professional?

What is he then? He's a young centre back who needed to learn not to dive in at everything. He can possibly be a defensive midfielder. He definitely isn't a right back from what I've seen.
He's a defensive midfielder.

Gerrard outright said that he isn't a centre back and playing there could have ruined his career.

Unless it's mentally challenged shite

Similar to when the rumours of Pedro being a disaster very soon after he first arrived, and rumours of Tav‘s appendix problem..... some people just don’t believe what they don’t want to believe.

In their own little world:

Bad news = false story
Good rangers news = true story

:rolleyes:

As I said.... no smoke without fire! (hopefully the injury doesn’t give a lengthy spell on the sidelines)

So what happens if Goldson or Helander get injured are u seriously suggesting we go with Bassey or Edmudson for long spells of the season including European games
Think we have Mayo as well as back up, we would have to be very unlucky to have 3 center backs out at the same time for a long period.

We’ve got McCrorie, Bassey and Edmunston.

We’ll be more than fine at centre-back.
[/QUOTE Bassey isn’t a center back square peg in round hole and McCrorie is not good enough at centre back and Edmundson is useless we definitely require a replacement

Really bad news for the big man looked like he’d worked really hard in lockdown to keep his fitness up & bulk up. Gutted for him but hopefully he comes back fitter & stronger.

Similar to when the rumours of Pedro being a disaster very soon after he first arrived, and rumours of Tav‘s appendix problem..... some people just don’t believe what they don’t want to believe.

In their own little world:

Bad news = false story
Good Rangers news = true story

:rolleyes:

As I said.... no smoke without fire! (hopefully the injury doesn’t give a lengthy spell on the sidelines)
Add in the Helander injury that was posted by a new member on here that got all the usual Timposter stuff and comments about how we don't use Ross Hall. Fast forward 24 hours and he's out for the rest of the season.

Gutted for the big man! We still have Goldson, Helander, Edmundson, Bassey, McCrorie and Mayo so im not sure if we’ll sign a replacement or go with what we’ve got.

Absolutely gutted for Niko.

How's an injury like that happened in pre-season tho.

fxck me it's going to be a long year.

Absolutely gutted for Niko and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Even though he's our 3rd choice he would've played plenty.

Young Lewis Mayo is a terrific prospect and I'd imagine he'll get assessed in the pre season games to see if he can make the step up and be our 4th choice in the 1st team squad.

I think he can.

Bloody shame for him. Was looking forward to a lot from him this year.
We need 3 strong signing's instead of 2 now imo.
Be bold Rangers.

A real shame for the guy.

It’s going to be a long road back for Katic now at Rangers as I don’t think the manager has ever had total confidence in him. I suspect we might go out and sign another centre half.

When you look at the centre half pool we had last season I wouldn’t be against that as all of them have had a few ropey moments at times.

Gutted to lose Katic, think he could be a really good player for us.

On the plus side I think we will have a settled centre back pairing in Goldson and Helander this season with Edmunson filling in now and then.

Anyone able to give some insight on whether Mayo is ready to be an option for us this season? Did he have a decent season at Partick? His Transfermarkt page isn't giving much away.

Given that Helander is coming off a pretty long lay-off, I think we need to bring in another CB.
why, he is raring to go..
Your logic is, "Alright Filip, I know you have been out for a a while and we spent 4 mil on you, but, we are going to go and buy another CB as you have been out for a while?"
We have Goldson, Edmundson, Helander, Mayo , i think we will be ok

Dreadful news for Niko and ourselves.

Need to bring another decent centre-back in methinks.

Strange way to announce

Back