Ready For A Revolution - New Club Crest

Key improvements:
- Rangers brand clearer, front and centre on the new crest
- Lion looks excellent, previous version looks to be drawn by a child
- Sharper colour contrast will look good in real world settings (advertisement boards etc).
In a nutshell.

The hysteria over a few minor tweaks is hilarious! :))

I like a good rage!

Don't get me wrong, I understand folks concerns over club traditions and maintainig our standards, but it's 2020 and we're clearly investing in new digital presence. This is all part of that evolution. It's not 1970 anymore, we need to keep up with what's going on around us.

Whatever happened to 'we welcome the chase'? If we don't modernise and get involved we'll be left behind.

Spot on – maintaining traditions is extremely important, which they've obviously done here with small updates rather than a redesign.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the hyperbole on here relating to everything and anything the club does starts to fücking grate on you after a while.

You're not being honest with yourself if you're saying this one is terrible but you like the previous one. In reality, the changes aren't anywhere near drastic enough to have such a swing of opinion.

Preferring the last version is one thing but to go from 'I'm a fan of that' to 'that's terrible' after a couple of subtle changes? Come off it, man.

It’s really not that hard to grasp is it if you’re honest with yourself.

The previous badge was professional looking and sharp whereas this one looks like it’s been rehashed on word-art by a 12 year old.

like I said that’s my opinion from looking at it and first impressions, if people can’t handle that then fair enough.

people are allowed to voice their opinions.

Like it.

Someone, mentioned 'cleaning up' / modernising the badge on a thread a couple of weeks back. Was that sheer coincidence, someone from inside the club with an FF login sending out feelers, or someone contracted to do it getting some market feedback?

No reason for asking, other than sheer nosiness. :))

My memory is terrible so the only difference I picked up on at first glance was the lion.

Side by side, I prefer the old one but that's maybe just because I'm used to it. The new one looks fine, except on the top of the instagram page on mobile where "Rangers" seems to be a bit too big.

Overdue? What they've created is a mess.
In your eyes. But actually change creates divide. It needed to be evolved in my eyes. Its 50/50 at the moment with fans but it will grow on people. Its easier to read. Better res and modern while upkeeping the history of the crest

I don’t mind it, certainly not going to get upset about it. Put it this way, at least we didn’t go down the Juventus route.

Looks very smart and fresh, I like it a lot.

I would like to see us do something the five stars on our top, but I understand they remain on the top for political reason, sending the message that they are out titles and you can't take them away.

I like it. Don’t understand how anyone can’t like it if you liked the previous one tbh, basically just sharpened up the lion and put Rangers central, what’s not to like...

I'm not sure of the font, the curved design of the typeface within circles creates curve illusions with my eyes to the extent that the classic leather football somehow seems more oval than circular to me now.

Happy our brand is being updated but not a fan of that font at all.

Perhaps a few different fonts with design being put to fans to vote would have been worthwhile.

Spot on – maintaining traditions is extremely important, which they've obviously done here with small updates rather than a redesign.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the hyperbole on here relating to everything and anything the club does starts to fücking grate on you after a while.
I try to be respectful of other folks opinions, I really do, but I cringe at stuff like this because I know the over reaction from some will cause me secondhand embarrassment, and make the club look bad, which I hate to see.

If we want to respect our history then we should be proud to be evolving and leading, even if it's in an area (marketing) that we don't understand.

This is another good, positive step forward for the club behind the scenes. Let's be happy we have people there who understand what's required.

I'm conservative in outlook and commented on the last thread regarding our club badge, that I was against making any changes to it.

However, having viewed the new version I'm happy to endorse it. It's not a radical change, just a tidy up, a re-emphasising of the key elements, so essentially the same, but better.

It will also be easier for tattooists to replicate, which depending on your tastes, may, or may not, be a good thing.

The fact that some fans would like our players clean shaving, wearing club suits on flights and get uppity at the colour of the managers footwear, then a change in badge isn't going to go down well.

If the club can't make changes and move with the times then we will not progress.
Maybe not clean shaven but imho Bassey’s hair looks ridiculous

Hopefully it’ll be easier to put the pride rainbow on it now.
fishing.gif

Back