Ready For A Revolution - New Club Crest

You pay “marketing people” to give the fans what they want and giving that’s what I do for a living I find it concerning that they aren’t getting any feedback at all from the fans. Customer feedback isn’t gospel but it is a fundamental part in reducing the risk when making large changes like this.

what large changes?
slight tidying up or modernising of the elements of the crest but it still looks the same
and the name moved around so that the Rangers part is first and foremost when you view it

if they consulted the fans & tried to appease it would end up like a badge designed by Homer Simpson

Not much of a change, you can see how it will be clearer on digital platforms if used as an icon or profile picture etc should scale up and down better for all types of platforms ensuring that the word Rangers isn’t lost in it. Good job I say.

You pay “marketing people” to give the fans what they want and giving that’s what I do for a living I find it concerning that they aren’t getting any feedback at all from the fans. Customer feedback isn’t gospel but it is a fundamental part in reducing the risk when making large changes like this.

You pay marketing people to make the business more money.

It's very rare to garner feedback from customers publically.

Also in marketing and I lean more towards it not being gospel. I'll tell a client if their strategy won't work / will appear cheap / won't get them as many sales and so on, to the point if they insist I won't put my name to it.

However, I don't like it :)) Not averse to change but it looks like something a student learning Corel Draw would've created as part of an exercise. The original has a classic look and this cheapens it.

Not getting too excited about it, though.

Anyone who thinks the club could engage with fans over these things to any great level is living in cloud cuckoo land. Some of the ridiculous reactions tell you that there are some people who you cannot please.

I think it’s great. Crisp badge, looks brighter and comes across well in digital form. Let’s hope the club continue to engage real experts rather than keyboard ones.

Prefer this.
Said it before, this should be the official club badge

Think it looks really good without destroying the previous image.
next step, please incorporate it into the players and club officials blazers like it was before.
class.

Everyone who has worked in Brand marketing will love this. No major changes to keep the history and existing awareness and better definition on the Lion so it looks clearer and less fuzzy on the media people see it today (i.e. high res screens). And even more important the Rangers is centralised and you can read it, as the most important word without twisting your head.

How anyone complains defeats me.

My only issue(and I am not complaining) , when showing the images on Glasgows Iconic buildings would have been oh so much better if they had told us about it before.

You pay marketing people to make the business more money.

It's very rare to garner feedback from customers publically.
Well I never said publicly. Small private focus groups in the design process to understand the thought process of the customer, the people that make the business more money.

Anyone who thinks the club could engage with fans over these things to any great level is living in cloud cuckoo land. Some of the ridiculous reactions tell you that there are some people who you cannot please.

I think it’s great. Crisp badge, looks brighter and comes across well in digital form. Let’s hope the club continue to engage real experts rather than keyboard ones.

We’re 3 weeks from starting the season with everything up in the air due to a pandemic and some have the petted lip that they weren’t invited to a wee vote over some very minor changes to the club crest. It’s a fucking mad house :D

Well I never said publicly. Small private focus groups in the design process to understand the thought process of the customer, the people that make the business more money.

even that would be fraught with fans complaining about certain groups being represented and others not

Anyone else still not getting MyGers emails? (checked my junk folder and my contact preferences on the website). I’ve also emailed about this issue last week and not had a response.

Im having the same issue mate, I just contacted the SLO over Twitter about it

Im having the same issue mate, I just contacted the SLO over Twitter about it

Thanks mate. Hate moaning about something, especially to Rangers, but just wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one having issues!

Thanks mate. Hate moaning about something, especially to Rangers, but just wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one having issues!

Yeah I get that, it’s a minor issue but just wanting to get it sorted haha

Trying to be balanced , it’s still a smart badge and the lion is vastly improved and looks much more aggressive which I like a lot .

The only real downside for me is the way they’ve centred the lettering , Ive spent half an hour staring at the old one then the new. I still get that “ Rangersy “ feeing about the old one instantly , that I just don’t get with the new one . But perhaps given time that will change .

It's great. It's cleaner and clearer whilst retaining the classic look. Will be instantly identifiable for new markets.

Lots of folk probably getting upset as their tattoos are now out of date.

I'm liking the nod to our Gallant Pioneers in this, someone has had their thinking cap on.

The more I see things like this the more I warm to the new crest .

Surely the next project must involve moving those god awful stars off the kit or at least to a less prominent place .

Trying to be balanced , it’s still a smart badge and the lion is vastly improved and looks much more aggressive which I like a lot .

The only real downside for me is the way they’ve centred the lettering , Ive spent half an hour staring at the old one then the new. I still get that “ Rangersy “ feeing about the old one instantly , that I just don’t get with the new one . But perhaps given time that will change .

How's the neck? To see Rangers you have to turn your head!

Back