Match Thread Rangers v Coventry City, Friendly, Saturday 25 July 2020 - 5.15pm kickoff - live on Premier Sports 1

Just wait till he’s actually sold, see how far this team gets with someone like Dykes in his place, or even an ageing Defoe. See how long we stay in touch with Celtic without him digging us out of holes, I reckon if we pushed hard we could stay with them till about Halloween.

Out of our 36 squad players, you don't appear to have much faith in 35 of them.

Roll on Aberdeen but the warning is there if we get that sloppy they will cause us problems.

We play like we started they won’t live with us.

Aribo stretched tonstab the ball to a team mate. He pulled up right away.

Patterson clearly fouled but was outside the box.

I get that people don’t like him and he’s a huffy bastard at times. But reading the comments you’d think he was just some expendable striker and not the player who really drove us on during our best spells of the last 2 seasons, or the player with whom his loss of form saw more or less the collapse of our entire season.

As a player I love the guy. When he's on his game, he can ragdoll just about any centre back you can think of, he scores all kinds of goals, and we will be very lucky to find a replacement near as good.

But at the same time, we shouldn't let our admiration for him hide his glaring deficiencies. Every season so far he has had spells he looked hopeless in front of goal, but worse also spells he blatantly disrespected his team mates with either huffs or indiscipline. He's been great for us, but by God we've been every bit as good for him.

Running up the tunnel in a huff today in a friendly was ridiculous. And no matter how much I love the guy, it needs called out as not good enough.

Morelos comments get painted as either fanboy stuff or as hating him.

You can actually criticise but like him too.

Watch the game back and watch his build up play.

It certainly hasn't passed him by.

He set up the first goal FFS.

You’re ignoring the critical point though.

We simply cannot afford an Alfredo Morelos who only scores 1 or two goals in 20 odd games.

If he stays and is our main striker, then we don’t have much of a chance of winning the league if his 2020 output continues as it has.

Great pass by Barjonas with the outside of his right foot out to Patterson who had made a great run down the right, then put in a great ball for Stewart. Superb to see.

Stewart looks like a decent enough back-up striker for the time being.

He's linking up play well, getting shots on target and is being a nuisance to their defence.

We have to call out Collum for his refereeing performance.

Video compilation, the lot.

We cannot let this standard of refereeing undermine the integrity of the game.

You’re ignoring the critical point though.

We simply cannot afford an Alfredo Morelos who only scores 1 or two goals in 20 odd games.

If he stays and is our main striker, then we don’t have much of a chance of winning the league if his 2020 output continues as it has.

I'm not, he's been unlucky in front of goal.

It will come, just needs that first one against the sheep.

We were right to sell Polster, young Patterson is ready to be our other right back.

Can definitely see Barjonas fulfilling the Andy Halliday utility man role this year if we don’t send him out on loan again.

Thought Patterson showed up well there as well.

Decent workout all in, which is what you want from pre-season ultimately.

I really like the look of Patterson, hope to see a lot more of him this season

Covers the ground very well and has consistently got into good areas in the final third every time I've seen him. Also love the fact he obviously seems to have a bit about him too in having a nibble at the ref about the lack of a pen and then leaving one on the opponent at the end there to stop their counter attack

Back