Match Thread FA Cup Final | Arsenal v Chelsea | 17:30

Thing is I don't actually think that VAR can look at that as it would only be a free kick and probably just a yellow. It is absolutely crazy but the only way VAR could be involved is if it was a red card offence

Should deliberate handball outside the area by a goalkeeper not be a red card offence though? (cough..Stewart Kerr..cough)

Can’t believe Chelsea have thrown this away, Chelsea losing Pulisic has been the difference.

VAR rendered itself utterly pointless in 10 mins of a single game. Absolutely zero point to it at all. This is why it won't work in Scotland. Shit referees coupled with morons that can't even see the issues on a screen with unlimited replay ability.

This is my issue. It's poorly used. A red card can be reviewed but not a 2nd yellow which means a red card.

I'm still unclear as to who calls for the review.

Have to say, it was a pretty shit FA cup final. Arsenal were a disgrace from start to finish - shame for Arteta to be linked to such snidey bunch of cheating fuckwits.

Shame for Pulisic as he was causing problems all over.

VAR is just shit. In fact, there has been very little rule wise introduced to football that I think could ever be as shit as VAR is. Thing is, it's not a bad idea they just clearly cannot use it for what it's intended or get the people that can actually use what is obvious in front of them.

Chelsea did %^*& it themselves a bit. Azpilicueta made an arse in giving away a penalty.

Not sure if I just don’t love English football but this second half has been relatively boring to watch.

the penalty reminded of zelalem for us against the poets in the sc semi final, cracking penalty

Anthony Taylor won't be on Frank Lampard's Christmas card list, that's for sure.
He doesn't seem to like Chelsea.

Can see Arsenal having quite a good season next year under Arteta. Really got this team playing well beating Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea now. Obviously helps when you have Aubemeyang what a player he is.

Pleased Arsenal won it.Glad for Arteta he has turned them round and look like a team again.But referee spoiled the game.Chelsea started brighter but the injuries put them behind and the sending off was an utter disgrace.

Back