Match Thread FA Cup Final | Arsenal v Chelsea | 17:30

If they really need a drinks break then it should be a case of stop the game and the backroom staff can bring drinks on...coaching from the managers shouldn't be allowed
It's became a time out, saw someone on here mention that it's the start of 4 quarters instead of two halves so we can have advertising breaks

A goalkeepers body can be outside the box when he’s holding it, never knew that.

looked like a foul all day long

VAR rendered itself utterly pointless in 10 mins of a single game. Absolutely zero point to it at all. This is why it won't work in Scotland. Shit referees coupled with morons that can't even see the issues on a screen with unlimited replay ability.

EeWr1f_X0AAxlon

One of my workmates is an Arsenal supporter and is ironically called Antony Taylor and I don't he'd be as biased as the Anthony Taylor who is refereeing the game

Just watched the keeper incident again and froze it. His feet are well outside the box, but his body is at a 45 degree angle leaning back into the box. Impossible to tell for certain from the angle they showed but looks like he may well have caught it on the line, so no foul.

Thing is I don't actually think that VAR can look at that as it would only be a free kick and probably just a yellow. It is absolutely crazy but the only way VAR could be involved is if it was a red card offence

Just watched the keeper incident again and froze it. His feet are well outside the box, but his body is at a 45 degree angle leaning back into the box. Impossible to tell for certain from the angle they showed but looks like he may well have caught it on the line, so no foul.

Which is all fair enough, but given the game, situation and magnitude of the moment to not show a reply at all is absolutely mental

VAR rendered itself utterly pointless in 10 mins of a single game. Absolutely zero point to it at all. This is why it won't work in Scotland. Shit referees coupled with morons that can't even see the issues on a screen with unlimited replay ability.
But it will rule if a players toenail was offside ages before a goal is scored yet they still miss glaring injustices and even when the ball has clearly crossed over the line.
I hate it!

Quite a few Scottish football connections here

Arteta
Morris
Gilmour in the stands
Tierney.

Back