How many women do you know who like football?

I'm glad somecunt mentioned it. Women panelists rip my knitting. I'm no sexist but Ijust canny listen to a women talking about football. They talk a load of mince. Does my tits in

In my experience it’s the exact opposite. Female pundits if anything seem more keen to offer something insightful, probably because they’re aware nonsense like this is what they’re up against. Also statements like ‘women talk mince’ just make you sound mental.

Im a female and I love football. I have a fantastic knowledge of the game past and present. Regularly hold my own on footie conversations with men. I think people need to move on with all the sexist crap.
If you read any match thread when we're not 3-0 up after 20 minutes then that's a given.

My wife. We don't watch the games together too often though. Many an argument may be (and has been) had - in fact, some would make the match threads on here seem tame o_O

My cousin played for Hibs girls years ago - much to my uncle's mild disgust. Still wind her up about it. Rangers didn't have a girls team at the time was her excuse. :))

My gran was regularly going to the games with my granda back in the 60s

At least half a dozen on our bus that don't miss a game.

A good number around me in CF5.

Last edited:
A few who are genuinely into it but other than it’s just burds who pretend to like it to get pumped and a sniff of any gear that’s going. Know plenty of them.

I know quite a few who watch football every weekend or go to games. Just like any bloke would. My missus will sit and watch games with me at times. She prefers international football, apparently I get too wound up if it's Rangers games but we'll sit and watch Ferencvaros/Hungary games together. She was the apple of her father's eye and she would sit and watch all the games with him when she was wee.

My mrs is an odd one with it, loves Rangers and Scottish football to the point even I'm like how do you know Liam Polworth's passing statistics? Then on the other hand wouldn't know some of the world's most recognisable players if she passed them in the street and falls asleep bored if I try and stick on a top English Premier League game.

Last edited:
Any old school bears from the Vale who travelled on the Vale bus from Louey's will remember "auld Kate" who travelled home and away for many years.

She was going to games before it was in any way popular with women going to games.
Someone posted a pic of an old dear at a Rangers game back in the 50's. Think she was in her curlers for going out later!
Auld Kate was more of a rain mate and a pair of those wee half size wellies that women used to were kind of woman. :))

My wee sister is a ST holder. My mum (70) goes to 5 or 6 home games a season, they are Rangers daft by all accounts. I also take my niece to the games about a dozen times a season. I know plenty of proper females supporters.

In North America at least 30-40% of baseball fans and maybe a little less for other sports are women.
Families are encouraged as part of the marketing and as a result attendances are high.
Not sure if it would work in Scotland with the bad language etc.!

I'm glad somecunt mentioned it. Women panelists rip my knitting. I'm no sexist but Ijust canny listen to a women talking about football. They talk a load of mince. Does my tits in

I think we should have all women panels, they are insightful n stuff (Some folk on here).

If I want insight from female panelists, I'll watch loose women, infact there should be a man on that show too.

Got a niece who plays for uni. There’s a few ST holders (EFL clubs) and a few ladies who go to Rangers often in the work. My cousin is Rangers daft too. My daughter is not far off fanatical now ;)

I end up all over Ibrox with tickets at random and there’s always a few women nearby. Noticed plenty of girls at Ibrox too.

Wonder what the rules on broadcasting rights for the women’s league, but if we could offer the women’s team on RTV it would fit with making it accessible to inspire girls to play.

Two season ticket holders in my work. Plus there are a lot of women in MFJ. there seems to be more women at Ibrox every season.

I’m one of the MFJ women!

I’m 31 and this season will be my 19th as a season ticket holder. I go to all the away games and have been away to Europe. To bring it right into the current I’m a gold mygers member. I know probably about 20 females personally who either are ST holders or play football and a hell of a lot more than that on here, Twitter etc;

I do think there is an element of it being ‘cool’ or ‘attractive’ for girls/women to be into football but most of the women in that 20 (and certainly the ones on here) are genuinely into it & know what they’re talking about. I’ve had my sister and niece to games. My sister will come if there’s a ticket spare and she’s nothing else on. If someone asked her what team she liked she’d say Rangers. My niece is 6, I’ve had her to a couple of games, she knows Rangers are the best and Celtic are “smelly”:))

Rangers are my main passion in life. They have been for almost all my life and always will be. I’m fortunate I have a decent job that affords me to get everywhere and I live in central Scotland so all grounds are fairly accessible. I must give a shout out to my Dad whose got me this way. It’s not always been easy, but it’s always been worth it:cool:

I know lots plus some of my daughter’s friends now play football for the local youth team which now has girls teams throughout all the age groups now.

As for football pundits some of the women pundits come across far more knowledgeable and eloquent than some of the male pundits.

Id say in my life I’ve probably known about 3 who were proper into it. Most I’d say will say they support a team, will know a few big name players, will maybe go to a game now and then but aren’t that interested.

The point of this is the amount of new female panelist’s plus the drive of women’s football on social media etc. My experience is women don’t generally give a shit so why this focus on evening out the amount of female and male presenters in an industry which is supported in the vast majority by males?
I know hundreds who like football,I know dozens who are season ticket holders,and half dozen who are extremely knowledgeable about the game.

My daughter has had her season ticket for over 15 years and now shes taking a wee break as she had my grandson so the wife comes along now, both I would class as real bluenoses (just in case any of them are reading this and sussed our who I am :D :D )

Plenty.For example my pal is a loyal Bear.Follows us all over never misses a game.Up until a couple of years ago she went to (at least) two/three European trips a season in fact she’s a bigger Ranger than her husband.I sit beside her and she is bonkers.Puts guys round about us (me as well)to shame when talking tactics.Which I think is hilarious.

A few who are genuinely into it but other than it’s just burds who pretend to like it to get pumped and a sniff of any gear that’s going. Know plenty of them.
You could also mirror that for the wee buckfast fannies that turn up blootered...

I've met plenty who are into supporting a team but none who just love football in general.

(In fairness, I've met plenty of guys like that, too.)

If it hadn’t been for my mum and dad surprising my brother and I with a trip to see the famous when I was around 8, I probably would have never got into it until later years but I was absolutely hooked after that, one of my fondest memories as a child and still have the scarf a bald man gave me after hearing him sing and being in awe for ages lol. rangers was the only team I followed growing up and still is apart from NI, I have a season ticket albeit haven’t been over as much this past year or so due to personal reasons but I’ve had it for the past 3/4, Just because I’m female doesn’t mean I’m any less of a fan. Always found though my opinion would never be as highly thought of though because I am female. Alot of men just assume your opinion or knowledge on the subject is rubbish without hearing it so therefore I just keep quiet haha anything for an easy life. know quite a few woman who support football, have season tickets, and attend many games.

If it hadn’t been for my mum and dad surprising my brother and I with a trip to see the famous when I was around 8, I probably would have never got into it until later years but I was absolutely hooked after that, one of my fondest memories as a child and still have the scarf a bald man gave me after hearing him sing and being in awe for ages lol. Rangers was the only team I followed growing up and still is apart from NI, I have a season ticket albeit haven’t been over as much this past year or so due to personal reasons but I’ve had it for the past 3/4, Just because I’m female doesn’t mean I’m any less of a fan. Always found though my opinion would never be as highly thought of though because I am female. Alot of men just assume your opinion or knowledge on the subject is rubbish without hearing it so therefore I just keep quiet haha anything for an easy life. know quite a few woman who support football, have season tickets, and attend many games.
My three sisters are season ticket holders, have been for years, one of them talks a good game but the other two just babble a load of shite :)) . Don't know what they say about me though, probably the same.

Id say in my life I’ve probably known about 3 who were proper into it. Most I’d say will say they support a team, will know a few big name players, will maybe go to a game now and then but aren’t that interested.

The point of this is the amount of new female panelist’s plus the drive of women’s football on social media etc. My experience is women don’t generally give a shit so why this focus on evening out the amount of female and male presenters in an industry which is supported in the vast majority by males?
Wow!

They do.
I dislike the vast majority of commentators and panel people, regardless of sex.
If they can have a game on separate channels, one with fake crowd noise and one without, can they not offer the same without Gary Lineaker, Roy Keane, Alex Scott, Andy Walker, the screechy MOTD commentator lady etc?
mute-button_2033085.png

I’m one of the MFJ women!

I’m 31 and this season will be my 19th as a season ticket holder. I go to all the away games and have been away to Europe. To bring it right into the current I’m a gold mygers member. I know probably about 20 females personally who either are ST holders or play football and a hell of a lot more than that on here, Twitter etc;

I do think there is an element of it being ‘cool’ or ‘attractive’ for girls/women to be into football but most of the women in that 20 (and certainly the ones on here) are genuinely into it & know what they’re talking about. I’ve had my sister and niece to games. My sister will come if there’s a ticket spare and she’s nothing else on. If someone asked her what team she liked she’d say Rangers. My niece is 6, I’ve had her to a couple of games, she knows Rangers are the best and Celtic are “smelly”:))

Rangers are my main passion in life. They have been for almost all my life and always will be. I’m fortunate I have a decent job that affords me to get everywhere and I live in central Scotland so all grounds are fairly accessible. I must give a shout out to my Dad whose got me this way. It’s not always been easy, but it’s always been worth it:cool:
There are three women directly behind me in row B and they talk more sense than some of the guys who constantly moan for 90 minutes.

My mum watches every game we play and will take my season ticket if I cant make it and go with my dad. My auntie has a parrot and if the police could hear the stuff it comes away with due to the stuff it hears with her watching Rangers games it would be up on a few charges lets put it that way.

My mrs on the other hand cant stand football and is only really starting to understand how much Rangers revolves round my familys life. Its only taken her the ten years.

I love following Rangers makes me feel like I belong to something special never really got into football till my late 20s but since then it’s been Rangers all the way.

As I said in a previous post, one of my good friends who is female never misses a home game and was booking on to go to Germany with us until it got cancelled in March. She also follows her local side glenavon and goes there quite regularly to.

On a matchday it’s all fellas in our group but she is now just one of the lads and enjoys the banter and craic as much as we do and actually knows a good wee bit about the game. There’s actually been a few midweek games when my other mates couldn’t make it she was my travel buddy for going to the match

Back