How many women do you know who like football?

Id say in my life I’ve probably known about 3 who were proper into it. Most I’d say will say they support a team, will know a few big name players, will maybe go to a game now and then but aren’t that interested.

The point of this is the amount of new female panelist’s plus the drive of women’s football on social media etc. My experience is women don’t generally give a shit so why this focus on evening out the amount of female and male presenters in an industry which is supported in the vast majority by males?

I'm glad somecunt mentioned it. Women panelists rip my knitting. I'm no sexist but Ijust canny listen to a women talking about football. They talk a load of mince. Does my tits in

I think it’s great if more women are getting into the games and I’d like to see the women’s game take off.

just my personal experience is women will go to the pub to watch the game with you as a favour. They’ll tell you on the first date they’re a die hard supporter but as time goes on you find out it’s a load of shite
I know at least ten who have travelled to every corner of europe with us. And will always do so.

Would put 99% of us to shame with their devotion.

When I started going to all the games there was a woman on our bus all the time.

The reason I really remember her well is she took the full brunt as she was sitting at the window a brick came through coming back from easter rd and was badly cut. The brick hit my mate on the head at the other side of the bus.

Never thought we would see her again, and no wonder, but she was back like a good trooper the following week.

She was a quiet woman who made no drama of it and we all respected her for it.

As the sole daughter in a house full of men bar my mum it was impossible not to.

We get into it the same way boys/men do - from family. Growing up watching Rangers games in a Rangers obsessed house.

I always feel slightly offended at these threads. It's such an archaic mindset to me- like the old Harry Enfield sketch "Women - know your limits". Why wouldn't women like football? Surely if you don't know many that do, that doesn't mean there aren't a lot more?

Id say in my life I’ve probably known about 3 who were proper into it. Most I’d say will say they support a team, will know a few big name players, will maybe go to a game now and then but aren’t that interested.

The point of this is the amount of new female panelist’s plus the drive of women’s football on social media etc. My experience is women don’t generally give a shit so why this focus on evening out the amount of female and male presenters in an industry which is supported in the vast majority by males?
Shouldn’t your post say how many males do we know who actually follow woman’s football and why are they always pundits for the womans game ? Plenty of females support and are knowledgable in football ... strange post would have respected you more if you just came out and said you thought they were shite, rather than “ I am trying really hard not to be sexist post” but failing.

Shouldn’t your post say how many males do we know who actually follow woman’s football and why are they always pundits for the womans game ? Plenty of females support and are knowledgable in football ... strange post would have respected you more if you just came out and said you thought they were shite, rather than “ I am trying really hard not to be sexist post” but failing.
Good shout.

Get the women to do the womens games. I don't watch them

My wife (no pics :)) she comes to every game with me and has been to most grounds in Scotland now and she loves going to see the Rangers.

Last edited:
I know plenty that go home,away and to Europe because they love and support our team.Good friends with them and they are all brand new.
Six on our bus go everywhere.

Last edited:

My Granny has been going since 1952. Younger cousin going for about 25 years.

Mrs CD goes to a few games each season.

Or... how about we don't, because how we look in our favourite strip bears absolutely no relation to our football knowledge or our contribution to this forum? Yeah? Cool.

It was a light hearted joke. Jesus. Very touchy. As I said I have a best friend who’s female and goes to every home game with us, takes the bantering with the lads to. But I see banter maybe hasn’t a place on this thread.

I’m not saying they’re shite cos that’s not the point I was trying to make.

1. They might have decent input but I’d rather the panelist’s had experience playing in the league they’re commenting on. Ie the pressure of playing in front of the crowds, having to win every game etc.

2. if women’s football is going to take off it will require women to go to the games and support it. My opinion is that it won’t as there aren’t enough women who actually like football.

Just asking the question and happy to be proved wrong

My wife and kids are totally indifferent.
My son doesn't like football because he just doesn't like sport and I didn't brainwash any of them.
I was brought up in Glasgow in the 70's and 80's and I didn't want to bring that baggage to them.

My daughter is also into it more than her brother. My older boy a weirdo lol don't do football he is more off a geek. My son who died used to go. Take turns taking him or his sister. My daughter hates Scott Brown the way I hated Peter Grant. Her dad says she sounds like me.
Grant was worse as he was/ is a bitter tim.
I am 53, so grant was a hate figure when i was young.

It was a light hearted joke. Jesus. Very touchy. As I said I have a best friend who’s female and goes to every home game with us, takes the bantering with the lads to. But I see banter maybe hasn’t a place on this thread.
Banter is fine, but don't use it as an excuse to say stupid things. How many times, as a female fan in a male dominated sport, do you think we've had that sort of comment. It gets very old, very quickly.

This forum is, usually, a pretty cool place for female fans. Never had an issue.

My wife and kids are totally indifferent.
My son doesn't like football because he just doesn't like sport and I didn't brainwash any of them.
I was brought up in Glasgow in the 70's and 80's and I didn't want to bring that baggage to them.
Its no baggage mate- lets call it culture.
Sounds better.

As the sole daughter in a house full of men bar my mum it was impossible not to.

We get into it the same way boys/men do - from family. Growing up watching Rangers games in a Rangers obsessed house.

I always feel slightly offended at these threads. It's such an archaic mindset to me- like the old Harry Enfield sketch "Women - know your limits". Why wouldn't women like football? Surely if you don't know many that do, that doesn't mean there aren't a lot more?

not trying to offend you and of the 3 women that I know who did like football I got on with them all very well.

I appreciate women being into football and wish more of them would be, but my experience is most aren’t.

not trying to offend you and of the 3 women that I know who did like football I got on with them all very well.

I appreciate women being into football and wish more of them would be, but my experience is most aren’t.
I think a lot of women were discouraged from it but attitudes now are changing and it's much more 'acceptable'. Each generation has more and more girls who are interested. The current exposure of the women's game will only help that further.

I’d rather the panelist’s had experience playing in the league they’re commenting on. Ie the pressure of playing in front of the crowds, having to win every game etc.
Grammar aside, this is the most lazy of lazy thinking. Scottish football has had decades of panel commentators who have 'played in the league' and they are, with very few exceptions, utter dobbers.

By now we should all have learned that playing football and being able to describe what's going on in a football game - or even analyse it after - are very different skills.

Most top players use instinct rather than analysis which is why they are, almost universally, utterly shite in front of a mic.

I know a woman that looks like a football!

Grammar aside, this is the most lazy of lazy thinking. Scottish football has had decades of panel commentators who have 'played in the league' and they are, with very few exceptions, utter dobbers.

By now we should all have learned that playing football and being able to describe what's going on in a football game - or even analyse it after - are very different skills.

Most top players use instinct rather than analysis which is why they are, almost universally, utterly shite in front of a mic.

So you’d rather hear from people who never played the game professionally analysing the game than players who know what it’s like to be in the thick of it?

Im a female and I love football. I have a fantastic knowledge of the game past and present. Regularly hold my own on footie conversations with men. I think people need to move on with all the sexist crap.

I think a lot of women were discouraged from it but attitudes now are changing and it's much more 'acceptable'. Each generation has more and more girls who are interested. The current exposure of the women's game will only help that further.
This is very true. My dad was always a bit uneasy with it (but at the same time liking it). I was never allowed to wear a Rangers top but my brothers were and he refused to take me to an old firm game (not a place for a young girl he said).

You were always made to feel as if you were something odd if you liked football at school etc. It's totally different nowadays which I love so if my daughter is ever into football she won't face the same issues that I did and I proudly buy her a Rangers top.

Me, girl from my work, two good pals that I met through Rangers, and about 3 or 4 acquaintances I met through Rangers, couple of lassies from school and Uni and one or two from sports

Sneaky way of trying to find a fitba daft burd here from the OP

My mum, all 5ft of her played inside forward for Fife Dynamos Ladies team in the sixties. She doesn't have an ounce of radical feminism in her body so she must have just really liked football.

She took me by surprise one night, watching the Scotland v Spain game circa 2011 (Weir's last game, i think). She said something like "I don't know why everyone is fawning over Spain, they are just playing football how it should be played".

I think women loving football is wonderful. However I have a very different view of Women's Football.

Back