How many women do you know who like football?

tomvallance1983

Id say in my life I’ve probably known about 3 who were proper into it. Most I’d say will say they support a team, will know a few big name players, will maybe go to a game now and then but aren’t that interested.

The point of this is the amount of new female panelist’s plus the drive of women’s football on social media etc. My experience is women don’t generally give a shit so why this focus on evening out the amount of female and male presenters in an industry which is supported in the vast majority by males?

Last edited:
My step daughter plays for the same team as her brother, they now have girls teams at most age levels and the demand is very high.

Lots of girls are getting into the sport.

Id say in my life I’ve probably known about 3 who were proper into it. Most I’d say will say they support a team, will know a few big name players, will maybe go to a game now and then but aren’t that interested.

The point of this is the amount of new female panelist’s plus the drive of women’s football on social media etc. My experience is women don’t generally give a shit so why this focus on evening out the amount of female and male presenters in an industry which is supported in the vast majority by males?
My wife and daughter very rarely miss a match home or away and they take our niece with them. Rules don’t count when children are involved

There's plenty of us out there, believe me.

I work with both Arsenal and Chelsea season ticket holders, ride mountain bikes with a lifelong Aldershot fan, my friends daughter goes with him to Spurs games and have friends with teenage girls who play in teams.

Also, if a female pundit is good at what she does and has the right experience and knowledge does it matter what percentage of the audience is male/female? Really? The presence of the X chromosome doesn't mean we don't understand the game.

I'm not really into football other than Rangers, like I don't have a clue about any other teams but I watch all Rangers games. I have a friend that is a Celtic season ticket holder (she took on her Dads when he died) and a work colleague who is a hearts season ticket holder.

My Mrs is a lapsed St holder at Tynecastle. She loves Hearts but doesn't bother with games these day.

I know loads of bearettes. A handful regularly attend games.

My daughter is a pretty good player and has recently had trials with Rangers and Hearts (she is almost there ability wise, just needs to work on a couple of things)

I dislike the vast majority of commentators and panel people, regardless of sex.
If they can have a game on separate channels, one with fake crowd noise and one without, can they not offer the same without Gary Lineaker, Roy Keane, Alex Scott, Andy Walker, the screechy MOTD commentator lady etc?

My missus and oldest daughter who's 17, would never ever miss a game, and hasn't done for years and years now. Knows all transfer comings and goings at all time etc.

My youngest daughter who's 14 usually doesn't watch that often if we're watching it on tv, but would never miss an opportunity of a live game.

I think it’s great if more women are getting into the games and I’d like to see the women’s game take off.

just my personal experience is women will go to the pub to watch the game with you as a favour. They’ll tell you on the first date they’re a die hard supporter but as time goes on you find out it’s a load of shite

Woman I worked with years ago was a big Rangers fan, season ticket, went to games with her Husband. Divorced from him, shacked up with a guy from the dark side, now has a season ticket for them. This is a woman in her late 40s/early 50s. That would never happen with a guy. Never.

Aside of that I know quite a few women who are hard core fans of whatever team plus more who are sort of into it. Generally speaking they are the exception tho. The ones I know ain't that fussed but I think it's changing with the youngsters more likely to be into football.

I think it’s great if more women are getting into the games and I’d like to see the women’s game take off.

just my personal experience is women will go to the pub to watch the game with you as a favour. They’ll tell you on the first date they’re a die hard supporter but as time goes on you find out it’s a load of shite
Unless there are commercial issues preventing us from doing so, RTV should really be broadcasting the women’s team this year.
We’ve invested heavily in it, now give the fans access so we can repay it. They’ve built a title contender.

The FF 'burds' are a good crew - they like their football and are a good laugh. The likes of @SenoraCuellar, @Scarlett and others are as good as you'd want a fellow-poster to be.

The drama-queenery big blouses of the forum could learn a few lessons...

There's a few good women posters on here. @bearett, @LadyLaudrup and @Lainey Love are all great posters too. I think it's a testament to the folk on the board that we are taken seriously. Lots of bearettes on twitter too.

I would love to see the Rangers women on RangersTV as @MurtyMania suggests. Bet a good few wee girls would too.

There's a few good women posters on here. @bearett, @LadyLaudrup and @Lainey Love to name some. I think it's a testament to the folk on the board that we are taken seriously. Lots of bearettes on twitter too.

I would love to see the Rangers women on RangersTV as @MurtyMania suggests. Bet a good few wee girls would too.
Think we need to bring it up with Greg Marshall. Maybe the Club doesn’t know there’s people looking for it

Any old school bears from the Vale who travelled on the Vale bus from Louey's will remember "auld Kate" who travelled home and away for many years.

She was going to games before it was in any way popular with women going to games.

Any old school bears from the Vale who travelled on the Vale bus from Louey's will remember "auld Kate" who travelled home and away for many years.

She was going to games before it was in any way popular with women going to games.

Someone posted a pic of an old dear at a Rangers game back in the 50's. Think she was in her curlers for going out later!

Someone posted a pic of an old dear at a Rangers game back in the 50's. Think she was in her curlers for going out later!
My mum told me, my grandad took her to some games be the 60s curlers in and scarf over it. She was at game so happens to have one green curler in. Rangers scored and someone yanked it out her head because it was green

Back