Gerrard on Morelos

Head turned, and probably cost us the possibility of a bidding war........and maybe an extra £5 million in transfer fee

Not sure if anyone else noticed during a replay of their goal but it showed Gerrards reaction, and I’m fairly certain he mouthed “Fucking hell Buff man”. No doubting who he put at fault for their goal. Going to go out on a limb and say that if he avoids injuries Roofe will make us a better over all team than Morelos.

He didn't look interested at all.

It's all well and good tweeting pictures of you with your finger up saying 'I'm still number 1' but talk is cheap.

Roofe and Itten will be in and Alfie will be benched.

Underwhelming end to his Rangers career.

Has been a good player but think it's time for him to go.

Messed the club about before lockdown coming back late for the Hearts game. Returned after lockdown overweight and himself and his agent have been angling for a move.

Best if we can get this resolved sooner rather than later.

Can only sell him if the price is right.

So far no bid has met our asking price.

You can tell his head has been turned given his last few performances, no matter what some on FF say.

Best for all if he is now sold.
With every game he plays and downs tools we wont be getting our asking price and we will have an unhappy player on our hands

People have been making excuses for him for a long time.

In 2020 it’s 11 games and 1 goal (which came against Hamilton in a 4-1 win).

He cost us dearly in the second half of last season and it’s time we move on and stop playing hard ball over the fee.

Aye but the refs, the media, the hammer throwers ..

The transfer is already agreed I’d bet. There’s no way we’re signing Itten and Roofe for that kind of money otherwise.
We asked Lille to keep him for this match because we had no other strikers and they agreed. Morelos did his best not to get injured, which is fair enough, we’d all do the same.
Think tomorrow we’ll be told he’s gone. And I will cry a little bit

Morelos has all but won his move, tonight was the ideal opportunity to show prospective buyers why they should break the bank to get him.

I’ve accepted that he’s wanting to move, don’t like it but accept it. How he behaves from now until he moves however will go a long way towards how he’s remembered.

Maybe this is not the time to let him go being honest he hasn’t kicked a ball for awhile sitting on the bench for a few games might reignite his passion for scoring

Noticed he had the telemetry gear on tonight but couldn't see anyone else with it on. Probably reading too much into it but can't help but wonder

He just said after the game that he’s had his head turned, for me I would sell him and I love him but....he also said about players that want to be at Rangers
In fairness to Alfie, he has made it clear from day one, we are a stepping stone. I'd always prefer players who would see Rangers as a place to be, rather than a club they're looking forward to leaving, the day they arrive.

Last edited:
Disappointed that it will likely end this way. Adored by the fans, myself included and has carried this team at times but the way he has conducted himself recently is disappointing. He is paid a wage to do his job and keep himself in a respectable condition.

Had hoped he would stay along with Roofe and Itten but looks less likely now. Wish him all the best and will follow his career as many others will

One thing I would say is he’s only human, we all know what’ it’s like waiting to go to a new, exciting & better paid job.

Your mind is elsewhere, it’s hard to focus on your current place.

but ye, he’s got to go now, it’s starting to cause some issues

Looked like it tonight, time to go.

Wish the mad man well, but he's checked out.

If he isn’t interested in playing at full revs then the chances of a daft sending off increase if his mind isn’t on the game.Three game ban and message of ‘ I’m still not to be trusted’ isn’t going to raise the fee it will lower it

Not sure if anyone else noticed during a replay of their goal but it showed Gerrards reaction, and I’m fairly certain he mouthed “Fucking hell Buff man”. No doubting who he put at fault for their goal. Going to go out on a limb and say that if he avoids injuries Roofe will make us a better over all team than Morelos.
Tavs fault for there goal

He was terrible tonight. If he stays there is no way he should start on Sunday looked out of sorts and uninterested his 1st touch and hold up play were as bad as I've ever seen him play.

Had the pleasure to meet Alfie and had a quick photo with him. Love everything he's done for us and what we've achieved through him, but sadly its time to say farewell. Once a ranger always a ranger.

It does look like his head has been turned and you would certainly think that the most likely scenario is that he will end up going. Equally, I really don’t think we are going to lower our asking price and, if it isn’t met, I can see a scenario where he stays and Alfie gets his head straight again and knuckles down.

Back