Gerrard on Morelos

Hes starting to piss me off now. This is about the 3rd time his form has been awful and its seemingly because his head has been turned. We cant rely on someone like that in a season as important as this.

Think constant transfer speculation affects any players head but ultimately he carried us at times to this point.

If he does want a move though then his weight and shape could very well have cost him.

All gone a bit sour. To be honest if I was signing him I'd be questioning his attitude again. Imho he won't be a player at a top level as he hasn't got the mental acuity.

If you are wanting a big move he's not the sharpest in encouraging it.

He needs to stay and win us 55. Unless its 25million and at least 20% sell on he stays. We can't let him leave for anything less.

We can and we will.

Have you seen anything from Morelos during pre season and the 2 competitive games to suggest he'll score 30 goals this season?

An uninterested Morelos is a man down (as we witnessed for 3 months prior to COVID).

I'm sorry mate, but the Alfie that is playing for us just now is not going to lead us to 55. Nor does he have any desire to according to Gerrard.
That will be the best team we face this season. The buff will prove the doubters wrong. He has to as we don't have anybody thats anywhere near as good as him.

The transfer is already agreed I’d bet. There’s no way we’re signing Itten and Roofe for that kind of money otherwise.
We asked Lille to keep him for this match because we had no other strikers and they agreed. Morelos did his best not to get injured, which is fair enough, we’d all do the same.
Think tomorrow we’ll be told he’s gone. And I will cry a little bit
Think you're right about that. As amazing as it would be to have him, the two new boys and Defoe, thats just not happening.

Worst i've seen him play in Europe tonight. Makes absolutely no sense for me. He was in the shop window. I'd imagine there were quite a few scouts and managers watching that tonight and were put off him.

It happens when players want to leave.

People would do well to remember Itten asked not to play the other night before he signed for us.

Morelos at least made himself available.

His times up, he moves on and we thank him for his contribution

Hadn’t we agreed a deal last week for Itten? As far as I’m aware no such thing has been agreed for Alfie?

Ive been his biggest supporter, but he was disappointing tonight. Sluggish and well off the pace. I dont think he's overweight, but he's definitely not as slim and trim as he was at the start last season. I dont know if this reflects whats going on in his head or is simply a product of lockdown. I had hoped he would stay on with us for at least a month or two, perhaps even until the new year. However, if that is to happen we need to see a rapid turnaround in his performances. I blamed his drop in form last season on the disruption of his suspension, but that can no longer be used as an excuse.

If his head has been turned then clearly he has no future at Ibrox. However, we need to be canny about this and have to try and get the best possible deal for him. If our figure is £20M any suitor has to come close to that or we hold him until someone does. The two signings we made yesterday strengthen our hand in my opinion. Too often players get their own way and id like to think we have the patience to see this one out.

Can’t afford to carry anyone, even Alfie. If he wants away, make it happen.

Will love him forever. Thanks for the memories Alfredo. NS

Think you're right about that. As amazing as it would be to have him, the two new boys and Defoe, thats just not happening.
Aye. We’re no spending the guts of £8m without some money guaranteed to come in.

the deals done. Tonight he was just trying not to get injured in a game we weren’t winning anyway

We can and we will.

Have you seen anything from Morelos during pre season and the 2 competitive games to suggest he'll score 30 goals this season?

An uninterested Morelos is a man down (as we witnessed for 3 months prior to COVID).
Snake hips went for 25 million and he was injured. There's no way we let alfie go for less. Look at his goal record alone. I would keep him. Wont be long till hes banging them in again.

I think it's time for him to go to be honest. I love the wee man and he's clearly a very good striker. However, he is very easily distracted and it looks to me he's clocked out. We're just not going to get any good level of performance from him at the moment.

We need to get a fair price for him but I do reckon his attitude of late and performances could have harmed his value in all honesty.

I just hope the teams looking don't try to pull that one and can see that he does have the ability to be very, very good.

You’re making that up, Gerrard did not say that.
He said his head has been turned, what does that sound like to you? I love the wee man but he ain't kicked his arse since December. It's clear he wants away and a player on North of 25000 grand a week, that can't be arsed is something we can't afford.

Doesn't look interested, hopefully we get can get the money we want soon and invest in 2 or 3 quality players.

Very sad to see his time here fizzle out disappointingly like this. Would love him to have gone out on a high and earning a really good fee.

No question this will drive his value down to some extent, but has to go.

He
Do you think they base it on one game,our 2nd game of the season,or his overall campaign in Europe,which the last i checked he was joint top scorer?
He wasn't overweight then. And he was interested. Since January, he has not played like he used to.

His head is turned and the physical condition he’s returned back in is shocking. Seen oil tankards turning quicker than him tonight.
s-l400.jpg

You have to wonder if Alfredo has the mentality to play at a higher level. On big money (for us) and has been on holiday since New year. You can't just switch on your form, you need to do the hard yards in training. It's clear he isn't doing that now.

Caught Alex Rae saying the club were still holding out for their starting bid of £20 million. Wonder if he’s been told that privately and let it slip?

Morelos goes with my best wishes, he’s a top player and been a decent servant to the club. Would ideally like this not to turn into a saga though and hopefully sorted ASAP!

I can’t stand it when a player chucks it the way Morelos is doing it, how does he think he’ll get his move any quicker after that shocking lacklustre performance.
By being this unprofessional and not putting in the effort to lose the weight he has put on for the wages he is on I’d have fined him a week of wages for each week he didn’t lose the timber and for his shocking attitude, we need to cash in before the situation gets any worse as my concern is having this petulant unfit child is going to put other clubs off him, I seriously doubt we’ll see Morelos in a Rangers shirt again and I just hope he hasn’t put off the clubs circling to bid or Lille that has bid.
I’ll remember him for the goal machine he is not the way he is acting right now.

Do people not realise Tapsoba is class and the rare times we get the ball anywhere near him he was outplayed by a defender who is much better at his job than Morelos is at his?
If Alfie wants to play elsewhere and he does, he did his prospects no good tonight.
He's going to come up against class defenders where he wants to go and all he managed to do tonight was demonstrate he couldn't hack it.

Never had a dig at Alfie as he's always done the business for us but surely if you want a move you would give that little bit extra on the pitch to ensure that a move would materialise?

I don't understand the logic of not trying, wouldn't that hinder any possible move?
Look at Kavertz. Worked hard and unlucky not to score even with his mega £'s deal with Chelsea lined up.

Disappointing to see him go like this (because no way will he stay). It could have ended on somewhat of a positive but it wasn't to be.

Back