Gerrard on Morelos

If Alfie wants to play elsewhere and he does, he did his prospects no good tonight.
He's going to come up against class defenders where he wants to go and all he managed to do tonight was demonstrate he couldn't hack it.
In general terms I largely agree with your post. Much better than a lot of the hysterical nonsense we’ve seen tonight especially and around the Aberdeen game.

Having said I largely agree with you, I don’t think one ineffective performance tonight will materially affect his transfer at all. A team who wanted to sign him based on the his performances for Rangers last season and years past will not now decide against bidding for him based on one bad game. In addition the non Rangers supporting, non panty wetting, purse string holders at other clubs will also put the performance in the wider context; his team were over matched and gave him nothing to work with.

Your last line is also off, he didn’t demonstrate that he cant hack it tonight. Because he has had other games against other top European teams where he more than hacked it. So one piece of evidence to the contrary does not overrule all else.

The purchasing club will not be making overly emotional responses to their decision to purchase or not based on the recency bias of just the most recent game.

Helander I agree as I said on match thread he was supberb!
Goldson caused Shagger a few tough decisions,
We were poor as a team and Bayer were better .

I was raging it took so long to sub him. We played with 10 men for most of the game tonight.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I would have played Kent in a false 9 with Hagi and Jones either side cause Morelos was a man down tonight regardless of how good Leverkusen are, we would have had a better chance of Morelos riding the bench and trying to hit them on the counter with pace of Kent and Jones with Hagi pulling the strings.

It's an utter disgrace the way people were lynched on here for saying he came back to preseason a stone overweight.

You had crackpots saying he looked lean and sharp, when Stevie Wonder could see he was carrying a bit of extra timber. It's full of shoulmaniacs on here, it really is.
Should try Twitter mate.

The worry I have is sides like Lille, must look at his utter lack of professionalism. He's into XL tops now. Would I, as a Lille director spunk 18 million on such a specimen. Doubt it.

The ones having a go are the ones on here who cannot see a bad word said about anything Rangers, even when it's the truth.

Morelos is out of shape, out of form and shouldn't be any where near the pitch. He doesn't look interested, his head has been turned but until a bid comes in that matches our valuation, we are stuck with him.

Shouldn't be be any where near the match on Sunday if he's still around.
He will be dropped if I read Gerrard correctly,probably on the bench. Personally I would have him out on the training pitch and on the scales until he is fit.

The worry I have is sides like Lille, must look at his utter lack of professionalism. He's into XL tops now. Would I, as a Lille director spunk 18 million on such a specimen. Doubt it.
If a transfer isn’t already agreed we are well and truly %^*&*d

I hope the posters here wake up tomorrow when the beer wears off and are embarrassed by their hysterical overreactions.

I hope the posters here wake up tomorrow when the beer wears off and are embarrassed by their hysterical overreactions.
Would you be happy with us blootering money on an obviously overweight disinterested player? Place would be in a fuckin meltdown.

Sorry buddy i dont think he should have followed him. 2 centre halfs and borna are up and he follows the runner. Now i could be wrong only seen it once
Seen a couple of times but the pass took them out, I'd say he had no choice but to try and chase the man.

What I dont get is why has his head been turned. Why have we allowed this situation to develop with our best player. We're supposed to be holding all the cards like other teams when they sell players. Someone has allowed this to turn into a shitshow.

Morelos turned it into a shitshow when he let his form drop off a cliff

He’s been absolutely mince for 6 months. 1 goal mate in what 15 games?

I’m praying he’s offski for a good fee and we can wrap this ASAP

It is slightly concerning if there's not a transfer agreed or mostly agreed and the form continues. Weve had no choice to play him in the last few games because there been no realistic alternatives. Going forward we've got the two new signings and Defoe coming back to fitness. It's going to be a difficult balancing act as he will have to justify his selection going forward, but at the same time we're not helping his value languishing on the bench.

What I dont get is why has his head been turned. Why have we allowed this situation to develop with our best player. We're supposed to be holding all the cards like other teams when they sell players. Someone has allowed this to turn into a shitshow.
Why have we allowed his agent to tout his player and commit Lille to putting a significant salary to his client should they get a fee accepted? It's not ALWAYS Rangers fault

his attitude stinks. not for the first time hes spat the dummy when there is transfer speculation surrounding him. 1 goal in 2020 says it all. when he goes i believe we will be a better all round team

Utter lack of professionalism? That's quite the leap from what Gerrard has said Sunday and tonight is it not.

Would you be happy with us blootering money on an obviously overweight disinterested player? Place would be in a fuckin meltdown.
In general terms, with no specific mention of any single player or team:

Player is performing exceptionally well for 2 years for club A.
Club B scouts him over this period.
Club B is really keen and decides to make a substantial bid.
Club A negotiate on price.

Club A have a match with a far more expensive and superior team away from home. Club A midfielders can barely get a kick of the ball. Create nothing for the lone forward. The player in question has an ineffective game.

You really think club B who have perhaps been keeping tabs on this player for months if not seasons, a forward who scores more than 1 in 2 and is top scorer in last season’s Europa League group stage and 14 goals across the European campaign, but because of this one ineffectual game Club B decide they no longer want to buy him or his value is significantly impacted by one recent match.

Our fans too high on bevvy or emotion need to realise Lille will not be suffering the same effects.

Last edited:
He has scored one goal this year, has never lifted a trophy, has never won a medal and has never netted against the mentally challengeds.

Those holding out for £20m+ might have a bit of a wait.

Rangers should take the first reasonable bid (anything north of £12m) we can get for him and run.

Utter lack of professionalism? That's quite the leap from what Gerrard has said Sunday and tonight is it not.
Is it consummately professional to surface after lockdown, looking like a fan, not a player? Not my kind of professionalism certainly.

Time to depart this shitshow of a thread.

The hysterical, emotional posts are embarrassing.

He has scored one goal this year, has never lifted a trophy, has never won a medal and has never netted against the mentally challengeds.

Those holding out for £20m+ might have a bit of a wait.

Rangers should take the first reasonable bid (anything north of £12m) we can get for him and run.
Again, another one it is fortunate you aren’t in charge of the finances or transfers at the club.

Aye, let’s continue going around selling players for less than we can reasonably expect to get for them.

Last edited:
In general terms, with no specific mention of any single player or team:

Player is performing exceptionally well for 2 years for club A.
Club B scouts him over this period.
Club B is really keen and decides to make a substantial bid.
Club A negotiate on price.

Club A have a match with a far More expensive and superior team away from home. Club A midfielders can barely get a kick of the ball. Create nothing for the lone forward. The player in question has an ineffective game.

You really think club B Who have perhaps been keeping tabs on this player for months if not seasons, a forward who scores more than 1 in 2 and his top scorer in last season’s Europa League and 14 goals across the European campaign, but because of this one ineffectual game Club B decide they no longer want to buy him or his value is significantly impacted by one recent match.

Our fans too high on bevvy or emotion need to realise Lille will not be suffering the same effects.
I think we all know Lille would have scouted him, and every player has shite games. That's not in doubt. What is also not in doubt is the fella is overweight. Would Lille be asking why he is in such condition, before signing a cheque for approaching 20 mil?

Gerrard could be saying that to mask his poor form tbh. Lillie will be watching him wondering what's going on.

I think we all know Lille would have scouted him, and every player has shite games. That's not in doubt. What is also not in doubt is the fella is overweight. Would Lille be asking why he is in such condition, before signing a cheque for approaching 20 mil?
I honestly think that one bad game tonight in a team where very few came out of it with any credit, where Rangers were overmatched by a far more expensively assembled team and where the Midfield struggled to get any ball to the striker will have absolutely zero impact on any team buying Morelos. The only thing it has affected is a few crazy fans who can5 deal with the fact he is most likely moving on and our trying to talk down potential transfer fees bizarrely and take 10 million off his value.

Anyone who honestly thinks one bad game takes 5 to 10 million off a players value is batshit mental.

how many players have we signed over our history who has had a down turn in form for their current club after our interest in them was made public. This happens with numerous transfers across the world every year.

and I don’t buy the line he isnt trying. We were just comfortably beaten by a better team.

He has been piss poor since the turn of year and anyone denying that needs there head looking at. Tonight everything bounced off him, didn't look interested, the writing is on the wall, it really is just a case of how much we are willing to accept.

Again, another one it is fortunate you aren’t in charge of the finances or transfers at the club.

aye, let’s continue going around seller players for less than we can reasonably expect to get for them.

How much are we selling him for, going by your 'reasonable expectations' and who has bid that amount so far ?

Heads been turned is a polite way of saying he’s unprofessional and has downed tools.

Let’s face it it’s not the first time either.
didn’t want him to leave. But in all honesty after tonight’s “performance” we are better taking the money and running. Year after year he lowers his transfer fee with his actions, year after year this manager, club and fan base have supported him. And that’s how he repays us

If Lille really do want him and were watching tonight they must be desperate to get him signed asap so they can put him through a rigorous conditioning programme before the French League starts.

It's actually painful to watch him at the moment when you see how good a player he is when he's in tip top condition.

I honestly think that one bad game tonight in a team where very few came out of it with any credit, where Rangers were overmatched by a far more expensively assembled team and where the Midfield struggled to get any ball to the striker will have absolutely zero impact on any team buying Morelos. The only thing it has affected is a few crazy fans who can5 deal with the fact he is most likely moving on and our trying to talk down potential transfer fees bizarrely and take 10 million off his value.

Anyone who honestly thinks one bad game takes 5 to 10 million off a players value is batshit mental.

how many players have we signed over our history who has had a down turn in form for their current club after our interest in them was made public. This happens with numerous transfers across the world every year.

and I don’t buy the line he isnt trying. We were just comfortably beaten by a better team.
I'm not doubting any of that. But you've no broached the weight subject. He is overweight. I don't think that's up for debate. Why is a handsomely paid, professional player with plenty of suitors in such condition? Would any prospective buyer have an issue with a player in such condition?

No. No they won’t. People who think this are batshit crazy.
He has scored 2 goals in 18 games and both were against hamilton. He hasnt even looked like scoring in all honesty.

If you think Lille arent watching his performances then you are deluded.

Last edited:
This is going to get messy.
He's not going for our fee. We won't ( I hope) cave in.

Every match he plays like that he is less likely to get his move. Every game he plays like that now sees him dropped. We have options now.

No play no score no goals no transfer. No Colombia.

In general terms I largely agree with your post. Much better than a lot of the hysterical nonsense we’ve seen tonight especially and around the Aberdeen game.

Having said I largely agree with you, I don’t think one ineffective performance tonight will materially affect his transfer at all. A team who wanted to sign him based on the his performances for Rangers last season and years past will not now decide against bidding for him based on one bad game. In addition the non Rangers supporting, non panty wetting, purse string holders at other clubs will also put the performance in the wider context; his team were over matched and gave him nothing to work with.

Your last line is also off, he didn’t demonstrate that he cant hack it tonight. Because he has had other games against other top European teams where he more than hacked it. So one piece of evidence to the contrary does not overrule all else.

The purchasing club will not be making overly emotional responses to their decision to purchase or not based on the recency bias of just the most recent game.
It's not just one poor game though, is it? If that's all it was there would be no debate from me. Between Dubai and the lockdown, he's not been firing on all cylinders, he's lost his edge. Was he tapped pre lockdown? I have no idea.
The other point I would make is that most clubs are wary of players who hint at disloyalty to their current club, and suspect he may do the same to them if he wants away. I'm not saying he has been disloyal, but from the outside looking in, it could be construed as such, considering his physical condition and lack of his usual drive.
At the end of the day, I think he is being badly advised.

Sad to see a guy so idolised just going through the motions for the jersey and his team mates. Thanks for everything Alfie but time to go

His goals in Europe have made us a fortune so if he's getting a good move that he wants then he can go with my best wishes.
Fine with that as well, he's currently not in shape and probably not giving it 100% even if just subconsciously.

All the best, you've done well

He shouldn’t be saying that. We need to maximise the value of our asset, saying that potentially knocks some off the fee off if it’s public we have a player who’s head has been turned.

100% it's time to part ways.

His overall form & condition has deteriorated rapidly since January.

Anything above £15M i'd be accepting with a sell on clsuse.

Its worrying a player with his qualities has the ability to let his form literally fall off a cliff.. pre January & post January Morelos are like 2 completely different plsyers.. It's also not the first time it's happened in his Rangers career.

I'm genuinly hoping his current form doesn't put off any potential buyers.

Back