Gerrard on Morelos

Get rid. If he had any sense he’d still be playing his heart out just to show potential clubs what they could get. Instead, it’s more petulance. Thanks for the EL goals Alfie but bye bye.

How much are we selling him for, going by your 'reasonable expectations' and who has bid that amount so far ?
Your post doesn’t even make any logical sense. We’re not selling him yet because no one has bid what we see as a fair price. That’s pretty much how negotiations work in all aspects of life. Buyer comes in low and seller negotiates price up until it meets a valuation they are happy with.

But aye, let’s sell him for 12mil because you’re upset at tonight’s result.

The expectation appears to be we are looking for ~20mil. Which seems reasonable based on the current transfer market.

It is a concerning situation. I fear we are going to end up not being able to sell. His form has fallen off a cliff. His weight/condition is far from where it needs to be.

Is it consummately professional to surface after lockdown, looking like a fan, not a player? Not my kind of professionalism certainly.
I'd say Steven Gerrard will have the highest standards of professionalism of any modern footballer, I'd say that will carry into his management also. I'll go for him over you seeing Morelos on TV once a week in a tight fighting top.

Heads been turned is a polite way of saying he’s unprofessional and has downed tools.

Let’s face it it’s not the first time either.
didn’t want him to leave. But in all honesty after tonight’s “performance” we are better taking the money and running. Year after year he lowers his transfer fee with his actions, year after year this manager, club and fan base have supported him. And that’s how he repays us

To be fair, in the interview he said that 'everyone knows his heads been turned' but that it isn't affecting his performance and that Morelos is 'professional enough to block the noise out'.

He just said after the game that he’s had his head turned, for me I would sell him and I love him but....he also said about players that want to be at Rangers
I love Alfredo.
But his Instagram message from 6 hours ago has a guy saying.
"help others without expecting anything.
There are other folk who are the opposite. Ask for your help and speak bad about you.
Even speak bad about you then ask for help.
Help. But keep moving forward. Keep moving forward."

A bit strange on the day of a big game.
Time will tell what it means if anything.

It is a concerning situation. I fear we are going to end up not being able to sell. His form has fallen off a cliff. His weight/condition is far from where it needs to be.
Which is why we have a manager and coach to get the best out of all players. If it doesn't happen then I'll tell you who I want coming off the bench!

To be fair, in the interview he said that 'everyone knows his heads been turned' but that it isn't affecting his performance and that Morelos is 'professional enough to block the noise out'.
What the hell was tonight then? The team were outclassed but I genuinely am struggling to remember one good thing Alfredo done.
He also doesn’t look sharp, which makes him look slow and in turn makes folk think he isn’t trying. When was his last goal?
He contributes more than goals I understand that too.

I hope tonight is Alfredos last game and he is moved on for both party’s sake.
When he had agreed terms with Lille it’s obvious he wants away and now he is going through the motions on the pitch, his heart isn’t here anymore unfortunately.
He has been a great signing but all good things must come to an end and we move on.

I love Alfredo.
But his Instagram message from 6 hours ago has a guy saying.
"help others without expecting anything.
There are other folk who are the opposite. Ask for your help and speak bad about you.
Even speak bad about you then ask for help.
Help. But keep moving forward. Keep moving forward."

A bit strange on the day of a big game.
Time will tell what it means if anything.
Charity work, family issues, mother with baby blues. Bought someone a coffee and didn't get a thank you. We've had the Morelos roadshow for 2 years, seen everything before.
Gerrard has even said he was aware of the attention on Alfredo from outside the club, so folk in the game are well aware of his talent and the crap he takes also

I'd say Steven Gerrard will have the highest standards of professionalism of any modern footballer, I'd say that will carry into his management also. I'll go for him over you seeing Morelos on TV once a week in a tight fighting top.
I'm fairly sure there's a decent amount of folk on here commenting on the extra timber and added sluggishness. I suppose we might all be wrong.

I'm not doubting any of that. But you've no broached the weight subject. He is overweight. I don't think that's up for debate. Why is a handsomely paid, professional player with plenty of suitors in such condition? Would any prospective buyer have an issue with a player in such condition?
Overweight you opine, let’s knock 10 million off his value. Reckon you could sell Hagi for £50 and a packet of fags.

I didn't broach it because I was discussing the bigger issue at hand, that many of our fans are talking crap because they are drunk or emotional. There are probably a few other words in your posts I didn’t broach directly. I never agreed to address every single word you posted.
If you honestly believe this you too are part of the mentalist faction.

What the hell was tonight then? The team were outclassed but I genuinely am struggling to remember one good thing Alfredo done.
He also doesn’t look sharp, which makes him look slow and in turn makes folk think he isn’t trying. When was his last goal?
Outside McGregor and 1 cross from Barasic, I can't think of 1 good thing any player done. See where this is going?
He's under the microscope because he is our best player, it shows how many times he's dug us out of a hole. Goldson said they done everything that has got them success against every other side in our Euro run, Morelos didn't perform and all hell breaks loose

Has Tav’s head been turned too? Davis, Jack, Barker. They all got attitude problems as well. Are you creating a narrative first and then finding the evidence that fits your story after?

Your post doesn’t even make any logical sense. We’re not selling him yet because no one has bid what we see as a fair price. That’s pretty much how negotiations work in all aspects of life. Buyer comes in low and seller negotiates price up until it meets a valuation they are happy with.

But aye, let’s sell him for 12mil because you’re upset at tonight’s result.

The expectation appears to be we are looking for ~20mil. Which seems reasonable based on the current transfer market.
What he might have been worth previously is quite different to what he's worth now. His form has slumped, his workrate isn't what it was and he is simply not delivering the returns we have come to expect. Just because the club are holding out for £20m or so, doesn't mean there are clubs out there willing to pay it. Unless he hits an incredible vein of scoring form in a very short period of time, we may well be forced to lower our financial expectations. Personally, I think it's more likely than not.

I'm fairly sure there's a decent amount of folk on here commenting on the extra timber and added sluggishness. I suppose we might all be wrong.
Always that risk of being wrong if we are comparing opinions of Gerrard and that of fans.

Not sure bud, just clearing up what Gerrard said because the OP doesn't quite tell the full story.

Tonight was shît even with the level of opposition and service – his movement was more sluggish than it was when we first returned from pre-season.

Last edited:
Outside McGregor and 1 cross from Barasic, I can't think of 1 good thing any player done. See where this is going?
He's under the microscope because he is our best player, it shows how many times he's dug us out of a hole. Goldson said they done everything that has got them success against every other side in our Euro run, Morelos didn't perform and all hell breaks loose
Can’t be having common sense and an open mind here.

Lacklustre performance and a player who is wanted abroad, only posssible answer is a bad attitude.

Don’t know how they explain the poor performances of everyone out with Helander and Goldson pretty much (with the latter still making errors too)

This is clearly not good he is not showing professionalism and shouldn’t have been played if there is transfer negotiations ongoing..

Has Tav’s head been turned too? Davis, Jack, Barker. They all got attitude problems as well. Are you creating a narrative first and then finding the evidence that fits your story after?
I can remember each of the players you mentioned running at more than a trot, I can remember each of those players controlling the ball.

If you care to have a look I even created a meme about Alfredo staying. There’s no narrative needed from me, it simply seems to be history repeating itself.

Overweight you opine, let’s knock 10 million off his value. Reckon you could sell Hagi for £50 and a packet of fags.

I didn't broach it because I was discussing the bugger issue at hand, that many of our fans are talking crap because they are drunk or emotional. There are probably a few other words in your posts I didn’t broach directly. I never agreed to address every single word you posted.

If you honestly believe this you too are part of the mentalist faction.
I never mentioned what his value is/was or to knock 10 mil off it. I said he's overweight, which suggests a lack of professionalism. And that, I stand by. What he goes for, I've no idea, but hopefully quickly.

It’s more than not performing, I think everyone accepts we were up against a far superior side. A side which I said earlier is the best we’ve faced in a decade. My issue is when I don’t think players are giving their all, and I don’t think Alfredo has been. That’s my problem

Morelos has given us an unreal amount of ups and downs but he leaves on good terms. I utterly loved the wee man and for a £1million signing he will ultimately leave our me expensive sale.

His goals in Europe have also helped infinitely and his impact will be felt for years.

He’s just became a new dad, he’s been demonised in the press and he was 2 weeks late in joining the team due to self-quarantine, I’m more than happy to accept him leaving out of shape.

His heads been turned, yes, but as a human being, I can forgive him and so will everyone soon.

Thank you Alfie.

If Lille really do want him and were watching tonight they must be desperate to get him signed asap so they can put him through a rigorous conditioning programme before the French League starts.

It's actually painful to watch him at the moment when you see how good a player he is when he's in tip top condition.

Nah, they'll sit tight and wait til we blink first.

Gerrard won't want a disinterested Alfie ruining the mood at Auchenhowie.

I'm disappointed in the wee man. He's been great for us overall but at least respect the club enough til you leave.

What he might have been worth previously is quite different to what he's worth now. His form has slumped, his workrate isn't what it was and he is simply not delivering the returns we have come to expect. Just because the club are holding out for £20m or so, doesn't mean there are clubs out there willing to pay it. Unless he hits an incredible vein of scoring form in a very short period of time, we may well be forced to lower our financial expectations. Personally, I think it's more likely than not.
You are a lunatic. His value does not get halved because of a bad game.

Again, fcuking ecstatic you have nothing to do with finances or transfers at the club, you don’t live in the real world. It’s not as knee jerk as you are.

Always that risk of being wrong if we are comparing opinions of Gerrard and that of fans.
Has Gerrard praised his physical condition since returning? Even if he did publicly, he might say different privately. Managers throw the media whatever is needed. Your Ferguson's and Wenger's etc played this one all the time. Tell the media one thing, while the players are dealt with in private.

Charity work, family issues, mother with baby blues. Bought someone a coffee and didn't get a thank you. We've had the Morelos roadshow for 2 years, seen everything before.
Gerrard has even said he was aware of the attention on Alfredo from outside the club, so folk in the game are well aware of his talent and the crap he takes also
He's treated like shit by 60% of Scottish football and fans.
The fact we make up upto 50% of that tells you all you need to know.....

Looked like his mind was elsewhere this evening.

Frustrating, considering the performances he put in earlier in the campaign

I hope his deal is already done.
Anyone scouting him tonight will be going home with the cheque book firmly closed.
His value will plummet if he doesn’t already have a deal elsewhere.

I can remember each of the players you mentioned running at more than a trot, I can remember each of those players controlling the ball.

If you care to have a look I even created a meme about Alfredo staying. There’s no narrative needed from me, it simply seems to be history repeating itself.

if you dont remember Morelos running at more than a trot you didn’t watch the game. So with that lie I will give the rest of your post the respect it deserves and not even read it.

Too much negativity now, if the wee man's head has gone then best he's left out, I'm sure the players around him won't enjoy the negative vibes around them

I hope his deal is already done.
Anyone scouting him tonight will be going home with the cheque book firmly closed.
His value will plummet if he doesn’t already have a deal elsewhere.

We shouldn’t be playing him now that we have alternative options. Bench him until we get an acceptable offer.

I think people are reading far too much into this Morelos situation. He barely got a sniff of the ball tonight and they had a striker in a similar situation who missed two clear-cut chances. However it is clear that he is on his way but I don't think he will have the career that he had hoped for. He is a good player in our League but will struggle at higher level and I think with this behind us we will move on and get better. As for will we replace him, I think that's already been taken care of.

Has Gerrard praised his physical condition since returning? Even if he did publicly, he might say different privately. Managers throw the media whatever is needed. Your Ferguson's and Wenger's etc played this one all the time. Tell the media one thing, while the players are dealt with in private.
Has he praised any players physical condition? There isn't an ounce of fat on Tav but he can barely trap a bag of cement.
He can't go from being called fantastic to (insert criticism here) in the space of 4 days. Ah I forgot it's Rangers fans, we don't take defeat well and would have won tonight if only Morelos met folks weight requirements. It's utterly bizarre, where is the enjoyment in following Rangers gone?

For not joining a blind love in?
Sure, pal.
No, for thinking football teams will step away from a primary signing target for one poor match in which his entire team didn’t perform and for thinking that a players value “plummets” for the same reason.

Its not about a “love in”. It’s about understanding that intelligent business and football people don’t react in the emotional, knee jerk way that football fans do.

If you actually believe anything in the previous post I quoted you are off your rocker.

It’s more than not performing, I think everyone accepts we were up against a far superior side. A side which I said earlier is the best we’ve faced in a decade. My issue is when I don’t think players are giving their all, and I don’t think Alfredo has been. That’s my problem
Well we pressed much better with Stewart, Jones and Hagi yet I haven't seen anything posted about Barker or Kent.

Back