Gerrard on Morelos

What are the current stats? One assist and no goals in the last 15 games since Hamilton in February?
If rumours are to be believed a bid in the region of £17mil was knocked back in recent days or weeks. Rangers therefore appear to value him at around 20mil. My contention is as we currently value him around 20mil+, that performance tonight against a far superior team to Rangers will not see him be valued at 12mil nor see Lille etc turn tail and run. What happened in February would not now affect transfer bids received and knocked back in August.

I see the point you are making. It’s just not really relevant to the current discussion. If he went on a 15 game spell from now of not scoring and not performing I agree that would have a significant impact on his value and our bargaining power.

£100 to erskine that he will not move to a bigger club than Lille (if that's where he goes) in next 4 years.

And boy he needs to share the weight. Any pro footballer nowadays letting themselves get so out of condition needs a long hard look in the mirror
Share it with who?

He is not a £25million player and the longer we keep him then the more likely he is to cause problems in the dressing room. He already looks like he's decided that his time at the club is over. If he doesn't get a move in this window then his attitude will get worse. An unfit and unhappy Morelos warming the bench and being 3rd or 4th choice striker because of his fitness and form does absolutely nothing for the club.

Time to accept a bid and move on. We're really short on a quality midfielder and we could make Morelos' transfer fee work to better the first team.
Still can't see where any of this comes from.
That bad he's still our best player.
Some folk should know better.

£100 to erskine that he will not move to a bigger club than Lille (if that's where he goes) in next 4 years.

And boy he needs to share the weight. Any pro footballer nowadays letting themselves get so out of condition needs a long hard look in the mirror
You are on.
He'll share the weight; instead of carrying 5 or 6 on his shoulders; wherever he goes.
I wish I could let myself go and wake up in the shape Alfredo is in.

You are on.
He'll share the weight, instead of carrying 5 or 6 on his shoulders wherever he goes.
I wish I could let myself go and wake up in the shape Alfredo is in.
Honestly need to take a look at how sad you sound. It's like some sort of Bros groupie from the 80s

Honestly need to take a look at how sad you sound. It's like some sort of Bros groupie from the 80s
That's 3 insults, I've tried hard not to make it personal. Are you drunk? Had s fight with the Mrs? Or do you have any other problems I should take into account when treating you with respect while you take the cunt?

That's 3 insults, I've tried hard not to make it personal. Are you drunk? Had s fight with the Mrs? Or do you have any other problems I should take into account when treating you with respect while you take the cunt?
You are defending someone who is raking the the thick end of £30k per week from us yet isn't fit enough to play and hasn't been for some time. This is 2020 now, what has he done for us this year?

You are defending someone who is raking the the thick end of £30k per week from us yet isn't fit enough to play and hasn't been for some time. This is 2020 now, what has he done for us this year?
When you say this year. You mean February and this week I take it?
He's had an indifferent 5 weeks. I'll give you that.

If his head has been turned, let him go. That's it, it's just fitba.
Reasonable point of view I can get on board with, unlike some of the other hysterical stuff.

Let’s just make sure we maximise our transfer fee, rather than cutting our nose off to spite our face and to protect some warped sense of ego some of our fans have.

I actually think we will sell him and we should sell him. I just don’t think we should try and get a crap deal for Rangers because a few fans got sand in their vaginas recently.

Last edited:
Still can't see where any of this comes from.
That bad he's still our best player.
Some folk should know better.

Form since Christmas?

Fitness on his return to the club?

Clubs looking on will see an unhappy player who will be easier to sign the longer they wait because Morelos' conditioning and form will struggle the longer he's denied the move he feels he's due. He already feels that he's earned a move - keeping him at the club when he's clearly decided he no longer wants to be here isn't going to make him knuckle down and improve.

I think the incident where he returned back to the club late following a trip home to Colombia and his subsequent punishment was a clear sign that he'd decided that he was moving. Now it's time to move him on. The money could buy a first choice midfielder and strengthen the squad overall. Roofs, Itten and Defoe give us decent striker options. Midfield has to be a priority, and potentially even right back.

The shape and fitness of him is a joke.

Maybe folk on here can stop pretending he looks lean, thin and sharp now.
It's utterly shameful the state of him to be honest If he don't move I wouldn't let him near the 1st team until he sorts himself out fitness wise highest paid player at the club and he's in that nick

I loved the wee man until the last few weeks. He’s still contracted as a rangers player. So to come Back unfit , overweight And barley looking interested is a bit of a slap in the face to us.

If he wants a move, it should be in his interest to be the best version he can be to get the best move for him and fee for us.

Last edited:
Ive been his biggest supporter, but he was disappointing tonight. Sluggish and well off the pace. I dont think he's overweight, but he's definitely not as slim and trim as he was at the start last season. I dont know if this reflects whats going on in his head or is simply a product of lockdown. I had hoped he would stay on with us for at least a month or two, perhaps even until the new year. However, if that is to happen we need to see a rapid turnaround in his performances. I blamed his drop in form last season on the disruption of his suspension, but that can no longer be used as an excuse.

If his head has been turned then clearly he has no future at Ibrox. However, we need to be canny about this and have to try and get the best possible deal for him. If our figure is £20M any suitor has to come close to that or we hold him until someone does. The two signings we made yesterday strengthen our hand in my opinion. Too often players get their own way and id like to think we have the patience to see this one out.

His brilliance has covered a lot of our flaws, which i feel will no be exposed... but i agree with the gist. Hes become too divisive and its time for all to move on. Nice summary though mate

Form since Christmas?

Fitness on his return to the club?

Clubs looking on will see an unhappy player who will be easier to sign the longer they wait because Morelos' conditioning and form will struggle the longer he's denied the move he feels he's due. He already feels that he's earned a move - keeping him at the club when he's clearly decided he no longer wants to be here isn't going to make him knuckle down and improve.

I think the incident where he returned back to the club late following a trip home to Colombia and his subsequent punishment was a clear sign that he'd decided that he was moving. Now it's time to move him on. The money could buy a first choice midfielder and strengthen the squad overall. Roofs, Itten and Defoe give us decent striker options. Midfield has to be a priority, and potentially even right back.
I haven't seen proof of ANY of that.

He decided to get the last flight possible to get to Glasgow on time.
It was delayed. It made him miss connections and spiraled from there. Gerrard made a stand because an hour is the same as a day or a minute. Late is late.

I've never seen an interview where he says he wants away now.

I've heard no comment from him the last month.

I've seen him ask to play from the managers own mouth.

I've yet to see or hear an interview in Spanish or English saying he feels he's due a move to a bigger or better club, and I'm fluent in Spanish at least, but told my English leaves a bit to be desired, so maybe you can point me to one.

And I have yet to see his physique change in the 3 years I've known he was a footballer.

I'm still to hear a teammate talk bad of him or anyone at the club.

It's all on here, and in mentally challenged fanzines, all this noise.

Or maybe I'm wrong?
In which case we are fucked as he's been our best player during several games recently, fat, lazy, bored and as miserable as a fair few think he's been.

I think his head was turned 7/8 months ago we have to accept the situation and move him on.
His head was turned away from Glasgow when he got sent off at the piggery. Remember thinking at the time that his 'cut throat' gesture was actually a 'feck this I've had enough' gesture. He's done nothing notable for us since. Driven out by our refs the media topped off with a smattering of racism. Hard to blame the kid for wanting away. What a player he will be away from the poison.

If rumours are to be believed a bid in the region of £17mil was knocked back in recent days or weeks. Rangers therefore appear to value him at around 20mil. My contention is as we currently value him around 20mil+, that performance tonight against a far superior team to Rangers will not see him be valued at 12mil nor see Lille etc turn tail and run. What happened in February would not now affect transfer bids received and knocked back in August.

I see the point you are making. It’s just not really relevant to the current discussion. If he went on a 15 game spell from now of not scoring and not performing I agree that would have a significant impact on his value and our bargaining power.
I’d contend clubs had got to £17M pushing it to get the deal done, the performance tonight might have been their realisation that wit a minute. Are we paying over the odds. We have bought itten fit during and raring to go. The purchaser here is getting an out of shape footballer with a stinking attitude of late. Hardly value .

Really can’t see how he can stay, he was hopeless tonight and really looked uninterested.

It’s best for both parties now that he goes and goes soon.

Right it sounds like you want to turn the screw, how many goals has Morelos got in the spl this season?
:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Is the answer 3 less than the drive by shooter?
Target practice instead of charity work would have helped keep him up to speed preseason, that's a fact.

I’d contend clubs had got to £17M pushing it to get the deal done, the performance tonight might have been their realisation that wit a minute. Are we paying over the odds. We have bought itten fit during and raring to go. The purchaser here is getting an out of shape footballer with a stinking attitude of late. Hardly value .
You have to imagine the bid was made based off of what they have seen fo Alfie over the last year or 2. Tonight’s performance will not make the buying club think “wait a minute”. It’s a frankly absurd position to take from people stating this.

I haven't seen proof of ANY of that.

He decided to get the last flight possible to get to Glasgow on time.
It was delayed. It made him miss connections and spiraled from there. Gerrard made a stand because an hour is the same as a day or a minute. Late is late.

I've never seen an interview where he says he wants away now.

I've heard no comment from him the last month.

I've seen him ask to play from the managers own mouth.

I've yet to see or hear an interview in Spanish or English saying he feels he's due a move to a bigger or better club, and I'm fluent in Spanish at least, but told my English leaves a bit to be desired, so maybe you can point me to one.

And I have yet to see his physique change in the 3 years I've known he was a footballer.

I'm still to hear a teammate talk bad of him or anyone at the club.

It's all on here, and in mentally challenged fanzines, all this noise.

Or maybe I'm wrong?
In which case we are fucked as he's been our best player during several games recently, fat, lazy, bored and as miserable as a fair few think he's been.

that last bit is surely a joke the size of him tonight was visibly different to pre lockdown

You have to imagine the bid was made based off of what they have seen fo Alfie over the last year or 2. Tonight’s performance will not make the buying club think “wait a minute”. It’s a frankly absurd position to take from people stating this.
One game doesn’t make the bid, no. But if you have been pushed and pushed from £13-£17M and the next step is £20M then when you’re only as good as your last game, tonight isn’t a ringing endorsement

that last bit is surely a joke the size of him tonight was visibly different to pre lockdown
Then there is no point in debate.
No one will pay 20 million euros for a fatty.
Personally, I'd be happy with that.
A few on here will be gutted we are stuck with him.

Enjoy the rest of your night lads and ladettes.

One game doesn’t make the bid, no. But if you have been pushed and pushed from £13-£17M and the next step is £20M then when you’re only as good as your last game, tonight isn’t a ringing endorsement
“You’re only as good as your last game” is a pithy statement from commentators and in no way forms part of a bidding club’s strategy. Buying players or not based on their last game is the Wild West of transfer strategys. Well run European teams would not do anything so ridiculous.

I don't believe that his performance tonight has made any impact on his transfer value, he was playing for a team that was up against it, had very little service and allowances will be made for the fact that his head is a little bit in the clouds due to to transfer speculation

Then there is no point in debate.
No one will pay 30 million euros for a fatty.
Personally, I'd be happy with that.
A few on here will be gutted we are stuck with him.

Enjoy the rest of your night lads and ladettes.
That makes little sense. I know for a fact he returned post lockdown 7 kilos overweight and if that isn’t true, first team players are fibbing. There’s certainly nothing evident on tonight’s performance that he’s fit and firing.

I don't believe that his performance tonight has made any impact on his transfer value, he was playing for a team that was up against it, had very little service and allowances will be made for the fact that his head is a little bit in the clouds due to to transfer speculation
B. I. N. G. O.

“You’re only as good as your last game” is a pithy statement from commentators and in no way forms part of a bidding club’s strategy. Buying players or not based on their last game is the Wild West of transfer strategys. Well run European teams would not do anything so ridiculous.
I’m not making out tonight was make or break I’m making out that if you’re the buying club and you’re at your maximum and tempted to go that bit further, yet another game in which he hasn’t scored and sadly looked like he has regressed, won’t help to convince you to go back in again.

If we have refused 17 I’d very much doubt anyone will beat that if they have been watching him since the turn of the year and more worryingly for us his recent form and lack of fitness
I think you’re mistaken, granted he is off form but he is still young, strikers are in demand in Europe and there is no shortage of suiters, keep your head and we will get the 25 mil

That makes little sense. I know for a fact he returned post lockdown 7 kilos overweight and if that isn’t true, first team players are fibbing. There’s certainly nothing evident on tonight’s performance that he’s fit and firing.
Is that you Barry?
Nae sense in at. Furst team ple'ers.

What doesn't make sense?

If he's fat and unprofessional no one will pay 20 million for him.
The clowns who want our best player away at any price will be gutted.
Those who want him to stay will be happy.
Unless it's all shite.
In which case, "bears" are contributing as much as mentally challengeds to push him out.

Does that clear it up?

For me after SG’s comments it’s a case of when not if. Just a case of getting the best deal we can. We move onward and he will learn that there are very few players that leave us whose career is better away from us. I don’t think he will be a Van Bronkhurst.

Thanks for the memories , unfortunately though alfredo has been very poor since January and we’d of been better off with another striker playing the games between then and now , still wish him the best but he has to get his temperament and attitude sorted ASAP , let’s hope he can make us about 20 million to bring in a RW and a DM

Hes been away since the new year. Not the type of person to play hardball with either as I wouldn't put it past him to have a tantrum and star dicking us about.

Get rid.

Get Lille back on the phone and accept the £15m plus a 15% sell on and we move on and use the money to improve our squad.

The Scottish media won when it came to Morelos. Unfortunately too many of our fans bought into the alleged circus around him, when in reality he has contributed more than any of player during Gerrards time here. He had a bad game tonight but the stick he got compared to other players is bordering on weird.

The way he's playing his values only going to go down.

Cash in and move on.

What would you sell him for them?
A well functioned club like Lille aren’t going to not go for him now because of a bad game tonight. Imo the transfers already been confirmed, and that’s why he’s so half arsed. That’s also why we forked out so much money on two strikers as well.

A well functioned club like Lille aren’t going to not go for him now because of a bad game tonight. Imo the transfers already been confirmed, and that’s why he’s so half arsed. That’s also why we forked out so much money on two strikers as well.
Hopefully.

He's been great for us last season but we can't rely on him and i hope we did get top wack for him and he goes with my best wishes.

Back